philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you find anything to keep you occupied?

I boght craft stuff and its still sitting there.

Bought books, still on th shelf (although I have read a fair few)

And finding it harder and harder to motivate myself to go out for a walk. But I did go for my covid jab and had a nice look around the museum that was hosting it

I opted for puzzles and self help books though admittedly I haven't read all of them. I am finding myself more anxious about coming out of lockdown so I will be picking them up again soon. I have enjoyed walking but admit I find it more tedious now as it's the only thing we can do so I do find it hard to motivate myself to go. I did complete couch to 5k which i strangely enjoyed but I didn't carry on with running afterwards so that's maybe something I could look at again.

I also got myself on the property ladder so I've been doing a little decorating and DIY in an attempt to keep busy.

Are you reading anything interesting at the minute? Have you thought about colouring? I love the adult colouring books especially on a night time to help me sleep.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I opted for puzzles and self help books though admittedly I haven't read all of them. I am finding myself more anxious about coming out of lockdown so I will be picking them up again soon. I have enjoyed walking but admit I find it more tedious now as it's the only thing we can do so I do find it hard to motivate myself to go. I did complete couch to 5k which i strangely enjoyed but I didn't carry on with running afterwards so that's maybe something I could look at again.

I also got myself on the property ladder so I've been doing a little decorating and DIY in an attempt to keep busy.

Are you reading anything interesting at the minute? Have you thought about colouring? I love the adult colouring books especially on a night time to help me sleep.

I'd like to do a puzzle as in jigsaw but my head doesn quite understand how it works. I do have word puzzle books but again the attention span isnt quite wit it.

At the moment I'm on the penultimate book of a series I've been reading about Saxon England and the Dane invasions. Called the Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwall, also seen on tv as The Last Kingdom. My mother in law loaned my a lot of books so read through those too. Crime thrillers and family stories. It books that keep me going.

And well done on the home front. I have DIY to do but cant face the stores.

Always around if you want to chat

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd like to do a puzzle as in jigsaw but my head doesn quite understand how it works. I do have word puzzle books but again the attention span isnt quite wit it.

At the moment I'm on the penultimate book of a series I've been reading about Saxon England and the Dane invasions. Called the Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwall, also seen on tv as The Last Kingdom. My mother in law loaned my a lot of books so read through those too. Crime thrillers and family stories. It books that keep me going.

And well done on the home front. I have DIY to do but cant face the stores.

Always around if you want to chat

I think it's hard to find motivation to do anything much at the minute. I mean I love reading don't get me wrong but because it's been one of the few things I've done throughout the last year I've even found it hard to pick up a book and when I have my mind doesn't settle into it.

Fingers crossed we are heading in the right direction and we can get back some level of normality.

Thankyou @wolfie11969 same to you :) I managed to get out for a walk this morning so I'm feeling a bit more up beat.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I'm even finding musical attempts extremely difficult to be interested in now.

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm even finding musical attempts extremely difficult to be interested in now.

It's such a surreal world we're living in at the moment. Sending you love and an open door if you ever want a chat :)

Reactions: JTL

JennyFreeman

I listen to free audio books on utube. There are hundreds to choose from and different genres. Total escape lost in these brilliant books with excellent diction and scripts. I graduated from the 1 hour ones to now enjoy 7 or 8 hr audio books including Frost, Inspector Wexford, Morse, Rebus as well as historical genre and many others depending on individual choice. These are a perfect escape and I have not listened or watched any news programmes for many months. (bliss) Some people who comment speak of how they listen during the night as they have insomnia - I just love them.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Anybody else feeling really lonely? It's something I struggle with alot and even moreso given the current situation. Had a bit of a disagreement with a friend today too which has added fuel to the fire. What's everyone doing to keep themselves occupied?

Yes very much so.. Pretty much always have been.. It's a long story... But my past pretty much turned me into a loner... Never met the right person.. Never had children

So now I'm 47 working 70 hour weeks..

I listen to a lot of audio books when at work 2-3 a week that keeps me entertained

I have a motorbike which I like during the summer.. I have firearms and shotguns and go out night shooting

I have 3d printers that I enjoy making stuff on

I also make designs to go on mugs
dbec2c293ae32114a419b2586718cf6e.jpg
de5485446045fbafda747ee3da19afd4.jpg
49ebcc9e8087ee381ff5c96148631118.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The kingfisher is beautiful. Is it from a photograph you took @searley?

No not that one... It's was just a photo I took from Google to test the colours I think that was the 2nd I made

Reactions: SaskiaKC

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checking in to see how people are doing?

Finding things to keep us occupied? Or bored?

I've been back at the reading and finding I'm watching a lot of old tv like Emmerdale and Coronation Street (I like the fashion lol)

Also had the grandchildren for a couple of hours and enjoying that. Little one has learnt a couple of naughty words at nursery :shy:

Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oooh, hello. Was this thread started almost a year ago?
How time flies when you are having fun! Or not.:rolleyes:

Not been lonely as such, as I am fortunate to have the good company of Mr Pipp.
Like everyone else, social interaction has been non-existent outside of home, apart from brief chats with delivery folks, and garden gate interactions with my grown up and left home family.

Lots of plans for house renovations, and holidays were put on hold. I confess to being somewhat apathetic about making use of the time productively. Although At first I longed to go out into the community again, I am sort of dreading it. I think I have forgotten how to interact face to face with others. Haven’t been anywhere to shop, and going to the dentist recently was a highlight.

With end of shielding in a couple of weeks, and hopefully end of lockdown soon after, I have plans for some self catering hols, and have come out of hibernation, to prepare rooms at home for next stage of renovation. I long to get back to the swimming pool and gym, but have had some lovely long walks in secluded woods and meadows. Even in the cities you can usually find places that are quiet.

I have plenty of craft projects, and books to read that have been neglected in my slothlike state. Perhaps I will have more time for them when like is a bit more busy. :D
I do find more gets done when I have little spare time.

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oooh, hello. Was this thread started almost a year ago?
How time flies when you are having fun! Or not.:rolleyes:

Not been lonely as such, as I am fortunate to have the good company of Mr Pipp.
Like everyone else, social interaction has been non-existent outside of home, apart from brief chats with delivery folks, and garden gate interactions with my grown up and left home family.

Lots of plans for house renovations, and holidays were put on hold. I confess to being somewhat apathetic about making use of the time productively. Although At first I longed to go out into the community again, I am sort of dreading it. I think I have forgotten how to interact face to face with others. Haven’t been anywhere to shop, and going to the dentist recently was a highlight.

With end of shielding in a couple of weeks, and hopefully end of lockdown soon after, I have plans for some self catering hols, and have come out of hibernation, to prepare rooms at home for next stage of renovation. I long to get back to the swimming pool and gym, but have had some lovely long walks in secluded woods and meadows. Even in the cities you can usually find places that are quiet.

I have plenty of craft projects, and books to read that have been neglected in my slothlike state. Perhaps I will have more time for them when like is a bit more busy. :D
I do find more gets done when I have little spare time.

I definitely think we value spare time more when it's scarce and we are more productive during our spare time as a result. I used to read more prior to lockdown, and dream of days where I could indulge in a good book for a few hours but now I have the option to do this all day every day if I should desire the appeal just isn't there.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checking in on folks and wondering whether the latest lot of lockdown relaxation is helping anyone's mood

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just checking in on folks and wondering whether the latest lot of lockdown relaxation is helping anyone's mood

Haha I’ve still been working 70 hour weeks - what lickdown??

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have stayed homeeven more, as everywhere is crowded. :rolleyes:. Not that I mind. People who have been in work, without much opportunity for leisure and social lives deserve to have their recreation in the parks etc. So I will wait until the novelty wears off and sit in the garden instead, with anyone who feels like popping in for a cuppaand a chat. So, yes, I guessmy mood is lifted, even though I hadn’t really felt it had been low.
Thanks for checking in @wolfie11969. Hope you are doing ok, too.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha I’ve still been working 70 hour weeks - what lickdown??
Ah, an unsung hero, according to your profile info. Keeping goods moving. Thankyou.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ah, an unsung hero, according to your profile info. Keeping goods moving. Thankyou.

More unsung slave :)

I carry LPG so without it being moved people can’t cook or heat their homes so no option but to carry on