Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
94.1 (1.4 loss this week)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I weigh myself once a week before food generally after my first morning reading. Started off about 14.5 stone a year ago before diagnosis. Currently 11.4 and clothes are getting very loose :joyful:

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
93.3 this week (,8kg loss) and BMI just under 30 so no longer Obese (just really overweight lol)

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Still hovering around 98kg, been at this weight for a while. Still lifting weights five days a week. Starting to get definition in my quads, calves, chest, back and arms. Still flabby around the mid section. Gone from a 50” waist to 38”

don’t put too much weight on weight lol

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
93.3 this week (,8kg loss) and BMI just under 30 so no longer Obese (just really overweight lol)
Congratulations on the change. It’s a great feeling to cross the BMI milestones

Today I am 72.1kg (BMI 22.3) which is a drop of 0 8kg from last week and down on what I aimed on (73kg) so need to stabilise a bit

Last edited:
Reactions: LaoDan and muzza3

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Today I am 72.1kg (BMI 22.3) which is a drop of 0 8kg from last week and down on what I aimed on (73kg) so need to stabilise a bit
Thanks @Andydragon
I agree. Initial goal is breaking 90kg then will reset with looking to joining you in the 70's down the track

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Can I give you a kilo or two?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Andydragon
I agree. Initial goal is breaking 90kg then will reset with looking to joining you in the 70's down the track
Good aim, I set myself realistic goals and then kept going. I think it got me through rather than setting a huge goal, getting disheartened and reaching for the comfort food

Most important thing I found is not to worry if it fluctuates. The human body can do some strange things with weight. But I used weightgrapher.com to look at the trend (I am sure other apps work, noticed carbmanager now shows trend too)

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good aim, I set myself realistic goals and then kept going. I think it got me through rather than setting a huge goal, getting disheartened and reaching for the comfort food

Most important thing I found is not to worry if it fluctuates. The human body can do some strange things with weight. But I used weightgrapher.com to look at the trend (I am sure other apps work, noticed carbmanager now shows trend too)

Thanks using fit-bit to track weight/carbs/fat/protein and calories still working on getting the diet settled usually 30g or less on carbs. Posting each week here is a motivator in itself

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Today 11 stone bang on - gone from a tight size 18 -20 to a loose size 14 in 3 months :wideyed:

Reactions: DJC3

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
91.5kg today (1.8kg loss this week) Had a very low calorie week 1100 - 1300 per day to step it up a bit