What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Friday again, have a good day all.

Sleeping a lot better after getting regularly exercise, apart from some quick excursions to loo due to an old mans complaint.

I do 40 minutes Nordic walking every day now, so I exercise my arms as well walking up and down the garden. Hoping to improve my stamina and have more energy and better balance as objectives.
Must total about 150 feet up and down on mostly uneven ground.
If I get fitter I can increase the time, length and amount of climb.

Its convenient just going out of the door and exercising and I get to hear what birds are flying over and singing.
Yesterday I heard my first Chiffchaff of Spring.
D.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
With a fair wind and the timeline that's just been agreed, I should now leave a week Sunday heading home...

Fingers crossed...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Waiting for Mr K to bring Aldi shopping back so I can sanitise it.

Lovely blue sky and sunshine. Window cleaner has just finished windows. Have a Zoom meeting to meet our new financial advisor. We have been with our current one for over 25 years. So am a bit sad to say goodbye to him.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As we live in the age of alternative facts and truths it is hard to know if it really is Friday. Assuming it is, today is the one to remember Joseph of Nazareth. 4.8 was apparently what my Swipey claims. I know this much is true. I don't pretend to know if that is accurate, good bad or meh for me. SSAS day which is another thing I know is true. @gennepher what a good friend for trying to make German friends think again. I have taken to wearing 2 masks - 3 on one occasion - since reading Fauci. Thank you for the scam information @dunelm. Great photos and good to hear about the Nordic walking @lindisfel. I took a NW course - no hills in the fens (South Hunts boulder clay plateau:) for me) but very popular. - several groups. I haven't seen others in The Brecks yet. My course was in summer with temps in the high 80s :arghh: Rest day sounds good @Muddy Cyclist. Patience @BRSBRI the poor girl only got engaged this week. There is the small matter of the wedding to pay for first - way more expensive than that Stinger in my experience:angelic: Spiffing meme/thought today @karen8967 Pip PIP old toots.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
As we live in the age of alternative facts and truths it is hard to know if it really is Friday. Assuming it is, today is the one to remember Joseph of Nazareth. 4.8 was apparently what my Swipey claims. I know this much is true. I don't pretend to know if that is accurate, good bad or meh for me. SSAS day which is another thing I know is true. @gennepher what a good friend for trying to make German friends think again. I have taken to wearing 2 masks - 3 on one occasion - since reading Fauci. Thank you for the scam information @dunelm. Great photos and good to hear about the Nordic walking @lindisfel. I took a NW course - no hills in the fens (South Hunts boulder clay plateau:) for me) but very popular. - several groups. I haven't seen others in The Brecks yet. My course was in summer with temps in the high 80s :arghh: Rest day sounds good @Muddy Cyclist. Patience @BRSBRI the poor girl only got engaged this week. There is the small matter of the wedding to pay for first - way more expensive than that Stinger in my experience:angelic: Spiffing meme/thought today @karen8967 Pip PIP old toots.
I know. And Sid the Stinger was funded by a car allowance - so this is even more worrying to a Scotsman ;)

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Well...in tham thar parts the weekend has already popped along...

So...周末愉快 (have a great weekend) when it starts!

Except... It's only 9/10am where I still have to work as well Maybe just one beverage at 530!

Nearly 30°C and cloudy...rain is forecast when I am set free (typical) but pleasant enough to sit outside as sunset is only an hour away. ..

Not sure about dinner tonight - I think another roast duck special is on my mind...

Reactions: ianpspurs

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
5.5 this morning. Waiting for Mr K to bring Aldi shopping back so I can sanitise it.

Lovely blue sky and sunshine. Window cleaner has just finished windows. Have a Zoom meeting to meet our new financial advisor. We have been with our current one for over 25 years. So am a bit sad to say goodbye to him.
Yes I know what you mean...our lawyer retired only after 15 years as our legal beagle. It's the same when a long serving GP you trust hangs up the wings of Caduceus...it leaves a gap for sure...
Hope the FA has a wonderful retirement!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Yes. My daughter one month away from her MBChB finals had heard of T2DM and even Type 1 where Covid attacked the pancreas ...

Nasty business and pretty frightening...

Reactions: gennepher

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday again, have a good day all.

Sleeping a lot better after getting regularly exercise, apart from some quick excursions to loo due to an old mans complaint.

I do 40 minutes Nordic walking every day now, so I exercise my arms as well walking up and down the garden. Hoping to improve my stamina and have more energy and better balance as objectives.
Must total about 150 feet up and down on mostly uneven ground.
If I get fitter I can increase the time, length and amount of climb.

Its convenient just going out of the door and exercising and I get to hear what birds are flying over and singing.
Yesterday I heard my first Chiffchaff of Spring.
D.
Great you are feeling better and increasing your activity now that Spring is here. 40 minutes walking means You are doing better than the group of Nordic Pole walkers I was asked to guide two years ago. I expected them to be fit and up for a brisk long days walking, not so, one of the times I had totally got the brief wrong.

lindisfel

Expert
A mess! So this is going and roll and roll. I fear some will be responsible and think of the bigger picture and how it effect society as a whole, others will choose otherwise and thus Covid is going to haunt us for some time to come.
Its even worse, the South African variant is taking over in France and elsewhere in EU it will be same, no wonder Mrs Lion is roaring.:)
We should be concerned too, people can swim that 'moat' we have between us.....not to mention the national 'motes'!

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Its even worse, the South African variant is taking over in France and elsewhere in EU it will be same, no wonder Mrs Lion is roaring.:)
Paris limited lockdown and other cities to follow, Philippines outbreak growing...
It's not over yet...

In a suburb or banlieu of Montpellier - Mosson - a Dr I know down there has told me the situation is "horrific"...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
That is healthy, Ian, being able to laugh at yourself.
D.
If you saw what I saw in the mirror an hour ago, you'd understand the hysterical laughter;)

Hope all's well.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp and drizzly start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Finnish split pea soup with a couple of slices of my home made low carb bread came in at 5.4 this am.

Another round of staying local yesterday but the sun was out and we were up and out into the park by 0830 so very few people about apart from dog walkers and their motley crews. Thick cloud and moderate breeze has been promised for today so we will just have to wait and see.
Which? - the magazine - has launched a free scam alert - phishing emails, phoney calls, that sort of stuff. You can sign up for it and I don’t think that you need be a member (beat me with a virtual stick if I’m wrong) - anyhow: Www.which.co.uk/scamalerts

Art today - still fiddling about with mountains. Hope everyone will be enjoying National Poultry Day today - Chicken, turkey and other birds we commonly consume are celebrated on this day. “ We love you all and you are so delicious.” Koffy time now.

View attachment 48198
What can I say, yet another fantastic Asian Mountain Scene from our resident Mountain Artist. :)

Reactions: BRSBRI

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, yet here in Tilehurst Towers it feels like nearly Friday afternoon.

A cheese and peanut fuelled 7.7 this morning, sympathy not required me and me's should know better.

Another 10 page email from the government over shielding, to be studied, lots of links inserted into the email, I have until 31st to get up to speed. The joys of being defined as clinically extremely vulnerable. The chances of being murdered by Mrs J are greater than catching covid, it was something I said or thought about saying.

@gennepher , so sorry to read about your German friends.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers enjoy today and stay etc,etc.
Must go my 10:30am tea is calling.

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, yet here in Tilehurst Towers it feels like nearly Friday afternoon.

A cheese and peanut fuelled 7.7 this morning, sympathy not required me and me's should know better.

Another 10 page email from the government over shielding, to be studied, lots of links inserted into the email, I have until 31st to get up to speed. The joys of being defined as clinically extremely vulnerable. The chances of being murdered by Mrs J are greater than catching covid, it was something I said or thought about saying.

@gennepher , so sorry to read about your German friends.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers enjoy today and stay etc,etc.
Must go my 10:30am tea is calling.
Thanks Alf, I'll have to check my other email, address.D.