What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I was going to do a quick sketch for this morning, but I have an old app (not available in the app store any more) which I use for doodling. There was the beginnings of a doodle from awhile ago, so I carried on doodling, and then worked into it with Procreate. Finally quite awhile later, I am happy with it...

0A5D9A96-2FD6-4154-B5D3-161A972C825D.jpeg

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

I was going to do a quick sketch for this morning, but I have an old app (not available in the app store any more) which I use for doodling. There was the beginnings of a doodle from awhile ago, so I carried on doodling, and then worked into it with Procreate. Finally quite awhile later, I am happy with it...

View attachment 48219
A fine doodle. Reminded me of some Son et lumière we have seen at chateaus in France.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hadn't heard about Japanese jogging before - it looks really interesting. I like the idea of taking much smaller steps - much less strain on joints.
A friend of mine ( who has lost 9 stone ) introduced it to me . Although she goes running regularly she does the Japanese jogging round the house if the weather is bad .

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today. A better score but still need to get lower.

Call from son asking us to pick up the fish he's purchased for us so a trip out in Wilfrid who is needing exercise. Might sneak in a Muddy Cycle ride before we go.

Keep safe be bold.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would bump into too many things in my house @mojo37
It looks far better than the people I see jogging hard up and down my steep hill...
Yes it is far better for joints ...and non runners like myself . I haven't been brave enough to do it outside but if I had a JJ partner I might .It does work your muscles even though it looks so slow .

Reactions: BRSBRI

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A friend of mine ( who has lost 9 stone ) introduced it to me . Although she goes running regularly she does the Japanese jogging round the house if the weather is bad .
I am definitely going to try is as it would be perfect for when the weather is too bad to go walking outside. I will only do it indoors as I don't think Norfolk is ready for Japanese jogging just yet.

Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good afternoon everyone or good morning!
Currently a steamy 31°C , cloudy with sun peeking through and humidity extremis!

Saturday morning FBG was ok-ish at 6.0, which I followed with 45 mins on the static bike in the bathroom listening to Swing Out Sister and belting BreakOut at the top of my voice (sorry neighbours). A full English followed (I stared at the toast and left it after sniffing it more than once).

Getting home is looking interesting - No direct flights to UK; Air France not operating; KLM maybe via Thailand (stay on plane, Amsterdam to Heathrow); Eva Air to LA, shuttle to SFO, meet folks, maybe and BA home: possible to Singapore and Singapore Airlines back or Cathay to Hong Kong then either Chicago or New York (London not operating) and back. Maybe. Sometimes the flights go, sometimes not. If I transited via the Gulf, that's 10 days locked up near Heathrow. And I need to avoid mainland China this trip - not that it matters - can't get there anyway...

Thankfully, I have a team working on it - and it changes daily. The other option is to stay 4 days longer and hitch a ride back to Farnborough as an exec jet is heading this way from California, empty to UK and then across the Atlantic with others to New York and onto San Francisco...Covid is just a mess... I think I'll wait 4 extra days...what would you guys do?

Lunch on the terrace was sashimi, soup and bits...followed by book reading (Le Carre)...

It's 1530 now...and I think I'll watch some BBC iPlayer or do more work before checking in with the family...see how the Dr to be is as she heads to her final exams; say bon voyage to daughter 2 who is off across the Atlantic at the controls of her C17 to Canada (first trans Atlantic flight as a pilot) and find out what car MrsBRS has chosen... and say hello to the animals Arthur the poodle and Gerald the Maine coon!

Have a splendid Saturday one and all!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
4.9 this morning. Have just done the 'I' Saturday quiz and I got one right out of 10. Perhaps I need smother cup of coffee to get my brain working.
A quiz before coffee kicks in. That's smashing!

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I am definitely going to try is as it would be perfect for when the weather is too bad to go walking outside. I will only do it indoors as I don't think Norfolk is ready for Japanese jogging just yet.
If you took your Norwegian poles, and practised Japanese jogging, you could possibly make a fusion fortune...the Lars Osaka fitness programme? P.S. It's as well I have a marketing team in my group at work...;)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Good morning all.
Had my Hba1c result from surgery yesterday it was 47.

If I don't try its 47 if I do try its 46 so what's the point! :)
D.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon everyone or good morning!
Currently a steamy 31°C , cloudy with sun peeking through and humidity extremis!

Saturday morning FBG was ok-ish at 6.0, which I followed with 45 mins on the static bike in the bathroom listening to Swing Out Sister and belting BreakOut at the top of my voice (sorry neighbours). A full English followed (I stared at the toast and left it after sniffing it more than once).

Getting home is looking interesting - No direct flights to UK; Air France not operating; KLM maybe via Thailand (stay on plane, Amsterdam to Heathrow); Eva Air to LA, shuttle to SFO, meet folks, maybe and BA home: possible to Singapore and Singapore Airlines back or Cathay to Hong Kong then either Chicago or New York (London not operating) and back. Maybe. Sometimes the flights go, sometimes not. If I transited via the Gulf, that's 10 days locked up near Heathrow. And I need to avoid mainland China this trip - not that it matters - can't get there anyway...

Thankfully, I have a team working on it - and it changes daily. The other option is to stay 4 days longer and hitch a ride back to Farnborough as an exec jet is heading this way from California, empty to UK and then across the Atlantic with others to New York and onto San Francisco...Covid is just a mess... I think I'll wait 4 extra days...what would you guys do?

Lunch on the terrace was sashimi, soup and bits...followed by book reading (Le Carre)...

It's 1530 now...and I think I'll watch some BBC iPlayer or do more work before checking in with the family...see how the Dr to be is as she heads to her final exams; say bon voyage to daughter 2 who is off across the Atlantic at the controls of her C17 to Canada (first trans Atlantic flight as a pilot) and find out what car MrsBRS has chosen... and say hello to the animals Arthur the poodle and Gerald the Maine coon!

Have a splendid Saturday one and all!
Sounds exhausting trying to work out a way to return home o_O

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Sounds exhausting trying to work out a way to return home o_O
It changes daily too. They've given me pages of alternatives, but it's all subject to change as airline frequencies are unstable at best. I think I'll wait for my personal plane home...it's an empty leg as it's known, so very cost effective as it would have yielded zero revenue anyway...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Yesterday turned out sunny here but today has started dull. Swipey was 5.8 initially which is about as welcome as a rattlesnake in a lucky dip for me. Definitely not food related so I'm hoping continuous OMADs and as much exercise as possible are holding the line not doing damage. Finely balanced just now. I think the unfinished home gym and unfinished leisure centre just across the road plus loss of orchards and lawns to maintain have impacted after a year. Whether I can regain the lost ground at my age is an interesting challenge. Of course, LC could just have stopped working. Good news on A1c @lindisfel . @BRSBRI the private jet seems like a winner for personal COVID safety and, marginally, the environment.

Last edited: