What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Gave up after 4 goes this morning.
Did manage to get enough blood for the A1CNow test kit, which came back with a respectable 5.5% (or 37 mmol/mol).

No running today, rest day and my legs need it, I was naughty yesterday and went out on what should have been a rest day as the weather was beautiful.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.7 again, 2nd one in a row. My fbgs seems to be pretty stable even after covid jab, 3.7-4.0 range
Welcome, at least I don't remember seeing you post before but apologies if we've met virtually. Are you comfortable at that level?

CristyN29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome, at least I don't remember seeing you post before but apologies if we've met virtually. Are you comfortable at that level?
Hello and nice to meet you! I did post but not quite a lot, found out recently ish about this forums. Well so far so good, I can even fast 2-3 hours post waking but that'll spike my bg into mid 4s. No matter what BG I go to sleep with( ranging 4.7-5.6) in 3 hours it'd drop to 3.7-4.0 and stay there for the rest of the night. Also I even prebolus for breakfast at that level no matter what I eat,I just carbcount, but hey its also me that corrects anything above 6.0(if it is 1 hour before meal I correct to get into 4.0-5 range for better post meal control) and wants to rarely go above that:)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.1 this morning....meh. Never mind, off out on my bike to try and get this down a bit. Have to admit to being very fed up with this constant struggle with my BG. Hope everyone is doing well so far today. :)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning. It is actually down to bit of food poisoning, I think, as I had severe stomach cramps around 3 AM, and it all calmed down only after I took two tablets of activated charcoal. An important observation - a first one atleast for me - was that while I was having those stomach cramps and tremendous discomfort the BG level spiked all the way to 9.9 at around 4.39AM.

I think the chicken I ate yesterday (M&S microwavable roast thighs) was not good because other than that one item no other changes in my eating day routine, limiting it to the only available suspect.

Anyway just another excuse to go for a 48 hours (or more) fasting and it is bound to get the numbers back in range.

Have a lovely Friday everyone. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.1 this morning....meh. Never mind, off out on my bike to try and get this down a bit. Have to admit to being very fed up with this constant struggle with my BG. Hope everyone is doing well so far today. :)
Totally get that and hope you feel better after your bike ride. Gugs.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning. It is actually down to bit of food poisoning, I think, as I had severe stomach cramps around 3 AM, and it all calmed down only after I took two tablets of activated charcoal. An important observation - a first one atleast for me - was that while I was having those stomach cramps and tremendous discomfort the BG level spiked all the way to 9.9 at around 4.39AM.

I think the chicken I ate yesterday (M&S microwavable roast thighs) was not good because other than that one item no other changes in my eating day routine, limiting it to the only available suspect.

Anyway just another excuse to go for a 48 hours (or more) fasting and it is bound to get the numbers back in range.

Have a lovely Friday everyone. :)
Hugs for the tum cramps, nothing worse esp at night. Hope you feel better today.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shouldn't have complained about being stuck in the 8's yesterday because FBG came in with a nasty 9 this morning :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ymdawd