Keto Fat Bombs and 'chocolates'

Ceppo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm looking for some Fat Bomb and chocolate recipes, without adding sweeteners. Can anyone recommend any?
A few days ago I found a recipe from I think @Antje77. It was dark chocolate, peanut butter and butter. I added a few Cardamon drops, cinnamon and a variety of different nuts. Set it in a silicon mould and put them in the freezer. Quite delicious. But I don't seem to have the recipe written down and can't find it in the forums again I'd be grateful if anyone can point it out to me again.
Has anyone used freeze dried raspberries, strawberries etc? Obviously only tiny bits.

Reactions: Antje77

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I love frozen raspberries covered in melted dark chocolate. Do you mind using xylitol or erythritol? There are lots of recipes for fat bombs out there where you could use these instead of sweeteners

Reactions: Speedbird

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What I do is:
125 gr chocolate (because those Moser Roth 85% chocolate from Aldi is 125 grams a bar)
75 gr nut butter
75 gr butter
lots of nuts
Optional kardamom, chilli powder, powdered ginger, last time I use powdered cloves as wel, very nice.

With a 100 gr bar you'll need 60 butter and nut butter.

Melt au bain marie, add nuts, let set.

Ceppo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, that's the one @Antje77. Thank you.
I've decided it is fabulous. . . I think I will try it with almond butter next time - I used peanut this time because I had more of it. I suppose I could always grind some other nuts and make my own butter. Pecans are a favourite.

@ewelina. I don't mind erythritol but it is my chief suspect for gastric upsets. I know it's supposed to be good for most people; although not all. Sadly, a good helping of Burnt Basque cheesecake produced great wind, bloating and liquid results a few hours later. TMI I know. This was a recipe with only 40g in the whole thing. I'm not sure if there's anything else I can try?
I've made a couple of Caldesi recipes which use one or two dates to add a touch of sweetness and I am OK with those. Their new book, which I got in the post today, has a baked mini cheesecake recipe to try. They also have a coconut and raspberry traybake style cake on their website - lowcarbtogether - which is nice.

I must admit I've tried a couple of recipes with more normal quantities of erythritol. They cooked well but I couldn't tolerate the level of sweetness. I suppose I like nothing sweeter than a berry or dark chocolate now.

Reactions: Antje77

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly, a good helping of Burnt Basque cheesecake produced great wind, bloating and liquid results a few hours later.
Could be classic signs of lactose intolerance? There's a lot of dairy in there.
Or a combination of erythritol and lactose?

Ceppo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting. There’s a lot of cream, cheese and butter in my low carb diet at the moment. How would I know if it’s lactose intolerance? I do suspect it’s erythritol though.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting. There’s a lot of cream, cheese and butter in my low carb diet at the moment. How would I know if it’s lactose intolerance? I do suspect it’s erythritol though.
Hi Ceppo. There is another alternative to erythritol and that’s Monk Fruit. It’s more expensive but a lot sweeter than sugar so I use less. No tummy issues. Good luck.

Ceppo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Speedbird Thanks for that recommendation. Are you in the US? I have heard of Monk Fruit. It seems quite difficult to source in the UK. Its also often blended with erythritol. Can you suggest a brand I could look into.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Speedbird Thanks for that recommendation. Are you in the US? I have heard of Monk Fruit. It seems quite difficult to source in the UK. Its also often blended with erythritol. Can you suggest a brand I could look into.
I’m in the UK. And you are right, I have the one mixed with erythritol but here is the pure one.
https://uk.iherb.com/pr/nunaturals-monk-fruit-pure-extract-71-oz-20-g/73357
https://uk.iherb.com/pr/lakanto-monkfruit-sweetener-with-erythritol-classic-8-29-oz-235g/73340

Ceppo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77
I made my second lot of 'chocs' today with 90% Lindt and almond butter etc. I used a silicone mould with 12 little bars - one I have started using for cakes. All turned out perfectly - the almond butter has a sweeter taste. Very good with toasted hazlenuts, pecans or almonds. They looked very professional as if they had come from a chocolatier. All packed away in the freezer now. I'm moving on now trying to find ways to create low carb variety and delicousness. Chaffles next.

Ceppo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to flavourings. I'd like to recommend Spice Drops. You can get them from Ocado and certainly direct. They are brilliant. I first used the cardamon one in cinnamon rolls. I've now used cinnamon, lemon, orange and rose. They are brilliant when added to @Antje77 chocolate recipe. Mug muffins with lemon and blueberries is gorgeous. Incredible flavours and an interesting company.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd like to recommend Spice Drops. You can get them from Ocado and certainly direct. They are brilliant.
I've never heard of spice drops but I'm curious about how they compare to traditionally dried spices like cinnamon :). What makes the drops so good?