What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 which is about as welcome as a rattlesnake in a lucky dip for me. Not food related so I'm hoping continuous OMADs and as much exercise as possible are holding the line not doing damage. Finely balanced just now. Third option is LC has just given up.

Last edited:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gave up after 4 goes this morning.
Did manage to get enough blood for the A1CNow test kit, which came back with a respectable 5.5% (or 37 mmol/mol).

No running today, rest day and my legs need it, I was naughty yesterday and went out on what should have been a rest day as the weather was beautiful.
Glad I’m not the only one who wastes several strips and ends up with a holey finger or two! Took 3 attempts this morning and eventually got a result of 5.3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.8 this morning.

@HeliGary -- Congrats on your excellent HbA1c results.
@hankjam -- Hugs for the bad night's sleep.
@nutribolt -- Sorry to read about the food poisoning. Sounds awful, hope you feel better now.
@ianpspurs -- Hugs for the reading, I know this is a lot higher than you prefer. Hope it will be back to "your normal" by tomorrow.
@DJC3 -- Seems as if you are seeing fours quite a bit lately -- really well done.

Have a great weekend all.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A better than recently 5.7 today. Intend to keep it that way. Have had late low carb breakfasts, then early low carb evening meals, last week or so. Lost a couple of kg, too.
In addition to a home A1c test giving a result of 5.9, which I believe translates in NHS speak to HbA1c of 41, all in all a happy start to the weekend.
Though I might stop recommending the mysur app, as a means of keeping track of long term BG . That is telling me my predicted HbA1c is 36.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Shouldn't have complained about being stuck in the 8's yesterday because FBG came in with a nasty 9 this morning :rolleyes:

I feel your pain @mojo37 :banghead: that nasty nine always upsets me. Mr P keeps a very low profile for a while after a 9 because I get so grumpy.

Reactions: DJC3

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
A better than recently 5.7 today. Intend to keep it that way. Have had late low carb breakfasts, then early low carb evening meals, last week or so. Lost a couple of kg, too.
In addition to a home A1c test giving a result of 5.9, which I believe translates in NHS speak to HbA1c of 41, all in all a happy start to the weekend.
Though I might stop recommending the mysur app, as a means of keeping track of long term BG . That is telling me my predicted HbA1c is 36.

Great news on the HbA1c figures , I believe you are correct.

Reactions: mojo37

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6 this morning at 0620.

Signed up for a 10k at end of May, so pushed out to 6k run this morning. PB of 30:38 for 5k which is almost two minutes quicker than last week.

In work for 8, delivered a helicopter by 9.

Fixed some software by 11 at another base and home for 12.

Bit of gardening (not like me).

Now to settled down with a cup of tea and do some more software stuff.

All in all a good start to the weekend.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.8 this morning.

@HeliGary -- Congrats on your excellent HbA1c results.
@hankjam -- Hugs for the bad night's sleep.
@nutribolt -- Sorry to read about the food poisoning. Sounds awful, hope you feel better now.
@ianpspurs -- Hugs for the reading, I know this is a lot higher than you prefer. Hope it will be back to "your normal" by tomorrow.
@DJC3 -- Seems as if you are seeing fours quite a bit lately -- really well done.

Have a great weekend all.

Thanks Ziggy, it’s been in the fab fours since my last personal training session on Wednesday, which was SO hard and I ache from head to toe still! Worth it though if it makes that much of a difference.
Your results are consistently good and impressive. You are a real inspiration.

CristyN29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a rough night with pizza cocktails a ton of alcohol and chips peanuts etc , highest 6.3 but went to bed with a 5.0 woke up clasic with a 3.8 but I ate 300+ carbs so i guess its fine
The next day now afterparty we drank but well tonight new party so I ate sweets cake etc and highest i ve been was 6.9 so I bet I m ready now at a 4.1 for a new night

Reactions: ziggy_w