HbA1c converter

HoldTheBread

Hi everyone!

The HbA1c converter on this site doesn't work for me. Is it just my phone? I would like to know what a given glucometer reading would work out in HbA1c (if hypothetically the person's sugars averaged around that figure).

I've been trying to use the calculator for weeks and got no joy. I cant find any other sites with a working calculator either (this is telling me it is probably my phone!). I signed up specially tonight to ask after lurking for months!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone!

The HbA1c converter on this site doesn't work for me. Is it just my phone? I would like to know what a given glucometer reading would work out in HbA1c (if hypothetically the person's sugars averaged around that figure).

I've been trying to use the calculator for weeks and got no joy. I cant find any other sites with a working calculator either (this is telling me it is probably my phone!). I signed up specially tonight to ask after lurking for months!
Hi @HoldTheBread , and welcome to the forum!
I don't know what units you use for either hba1c or blood glucose, but this chart has both ways of both things in one. Hope this helps!

image-asset.jpeg

Reactions: dms1 and ziggy_w

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The calculator doesn't work, I reported it ages ago, it is not your phone at fault.
It does work, it's just a little temperemental unfortunately. I find disabling ad blockers, refreshing, reloading safari is sometimes needed
Using other calculators on that page can also trigger it into working.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It does work, it's just a little temperemental unfortunately. I find disabling ad blockers, refreshing, reloading safari is sometimes needed
Using other calculators on that page can also trigger it into working.
I wouldn't call that "working".

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For me it seems to work when calculating from hba1c (in either % or mmol/l) to average BG but not the other way around.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the link to the diabetes.co.uk converter that I use, which should convert both ways:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-to-blood-sugar-level-converter.html
I had some trouble after updates to the site in actually finding this version again :banghead::banghead:, and have used this one from Accu-Chek which converts from average glucose to HbA1c:
https://www.accu-chek.co.uk/tools-and-resources/hba1c-calculator#
You need to scroll down the page a bit to find it.

ETA Mr_Pot has posted that the diabetes.co.uk converter isn't working, and I have to agree, having just tried both the to and from HbA1c options, and have changed "will work" to "should work" - and I should have double-double checked!

And I have had to repeat this edit three times now before this worked. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the link to the diabetes.co.uk converter that I use, which will convert both ways:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-to-blood-sugar-level-converter.html
I had some trouble after updates to the site in actually finding this version again :banghead::banghead:, and have used this one from Accu-Chek which converts from average glucose to HbA1c:
https://www.accu-chek.co.uk/tools-and-resources/hba1c-calculator#
You need to scroll down the page a bit to find it.
Just tried the first one and it doesn't work or at least is intermittent. I put in a HbA1c value and nothing happens.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mr_Pot I have to agree with you now - I should have double checked before posting, but it always used to work for me though I've mainly used it to convert from average glucose to HbA1c. I've annotated my previous post.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Worked fine for me.
Perhaps this is something for the tech guys. They will pick it up, I think, if you email , [email protected]
Maybe mods can confirm this?

Attachments

• 3B7DB355-B429-40FE-B021-0D73CCE0F097.png
    3B7DB355-B429-40FE-B021-0D73CCE0F097.png
    363.6 KB · Views: 85

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just tried it, it worked fine on my phone. Weird huh?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I give up!! After a couple of abortive attempts it's now working with both to and from conversions, but the average glucose to HbA1c section is currently displaying as part of two columns, the other half being an invitation to join the Low Carb Program. So there's definitely something weird going on. Maybe my bed time mug of cocoa has had some secret hallucinatory ingredient snuck into it. :eek:o_O