What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

4.9 for me today.

@mojo37 -- Hugs for the bad night sleep and the 9.6. Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be better for you.
@Beelady -- Welcome to the thread and hugs for the highish blood sugar levels and the broken ankle. I have found that what I eat is more important than exercise .. so maybe this might work for you too. I agree with @PenguinMum that you might get better advice if you start your own thread.

Reactions: karen8967

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Morning All 5.6 for me today. Hug needed by @Providence 62 sorry you are having such a tough time and hope the tide turns soon. @ziggy_w thanks you are always so supportative of our individual goals.
Thanks @PenguinMum it does seem like this has been going on forever, I get a nice plateau for a few months then it all goes bonkers again. Suppose it goes with the LADA territory.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
First reading was 4.2 tested again 4.9 cant take any credit as a measure of gin is the likely cause. I am sure I will regret it later though when bloods go up,

Reactions: Pasha and karen8967

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
this morning my BSL was 6.9
just wondering when you test your morning BSL do you then have breakfast as I don't straight away. I test my levels when I get up then normally take my diabetic meds and wait for about 30 minutes or longer then have a meal, then try and test again 2 hours after my meal. just checking what others do!

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
FG was 4.8 this morning. Have not been above 5.8 all day. Been bothered a lot with late night/early hypos for several days now. The libre 2 is an absolute godsend in alerting me

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
this morning my BSL was 6.9
just wondering when you test your morning BSL do you then have breakfast as I don't straight away. I test my levels when I get up then normally take my diabetic meds and wait for about 30 minutes or longer then have a meal, then try and test again 2 hours after my meal. just checking what others do!
Rude not to answer @annabell1. No breakfast 4 me, just tea. LC breakfast food was not filling just empty carbs and cals. Libre shows my bg peaks around 11.00 am so coffee then it drops. Tried LC protein based food again in the morning - no difference. That is just me but this is all N=1.

Last edited:

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Rude not to answer @annabell1. No breakfast 4 me, just tea. LC breakfast food was not filling just empty carbs and cals. Libre shows my bg peaks around 11.00 am so coffee then it drops. Tried LC protein based food again in the morning - no difference. That is just me but this is all N=1.
Interesting, I have similar problems and have more or less given up breakfast. I normally eat around 11 with some toast and ham or cheese. I might try it an hour later tomorrow.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Interesting, I have similar problems and have more or less given up breakfast. I normally eat around 11 with some toast and ham or cheese. I might try it an hour later tomorrow.
I found that one of my diabetic medication consumer patient information recommend to take it at least 30 minutes before eating hence why I have started to do it this way.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.3 at 0515 off to do some gentle running this morning , then another random day at work.

Shoulder was beaten into submission by physio yesterday, so a relatively pain free night, still not enough mobility, but remaining hopeful it will improve.