larlylar

Hi All!

I'm a T1 Diabetic of 30+ years. I don't have a pump for a variety of reasons (let's just say it's not a good option for me) so I use pens. At the moment I have the HumaPen Luxura HD from Lilly for my bolus, which allows you to dose in half units as I'm very sensitive to insulin.

My query is, does anyone know of any appendages I could add to the humapen I already have or even a different pen entirely that allows you to see that last time it was fired and what the dose was, as well as still allowing me to inject half does and that takes humalog cartridges?

My Novapen (used for long-acting) does the half doses and date/time but it doesn't take my humalog cartridges and after 30 odd years sometimes when injecting day to day you find yourself thinking, 'Did I inject, or did I intend to inject and get distracted?' or even worse 'I think I remember injecting but am I remembering one of the other thirty million other times I've done it?' :bag::banghead:

Any help much appreciated!

Reactions: ella b

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, is your other pen the novopen echo? This is what I use, though with different insulin so it may well not take your bolus. Thought I'd suggest in case it isn't. I believe they have been talking about an upgrade which tells you the exact time of your last dose, not just to the nearest hour. Hope that helps, sorry if your cartridges won't fit it I'm sure others have better suggestions!

larlylar

Hi, is your other pen the novopen echo? This is what I use, though with different insulin so it may well not take your bolus. Thought I'd suggest in case it isn't. I believe they have been talking about an upgrade which tells you the exact time of your last dose, not just to the nearest hour. Hope that helps, sorry if your cartridges won't fit it I'm sure others have better suggestions!

It is yeah, I use it with Levemir which is a differently shaped cartridge - but it does do what I'm after!

Reactions: UK T1

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You could ask for your Bolus to be swapped to NovoRapid which uses the Echo pen same as for Levemir?

JC Durant

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a Timesulin cap which tells you when you last doses but not the dose.It has been super useful.

chaste

Type of diabetes
Type 1
[QUOTE="larlylar,

after 30 odd years sometimes when injecting day to day you find yourself thinking, 'Did I inject, or did I intend to inject and get distracted?' or even worse 'I think I remember injecting but am I remembering one of the other thirty million other times I've done it?' :bag::banghead:
[/QUOTE]

Snap. Every ******* day!!! And not helped by having to input all that data into the libre and then forgetting to do what it is you are actually recording. Love my half units though, fine tuning.