What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
this morning my BSL was 6.9
just wondering when you test your morning BSL do you then have breakfast as I don't straight away. I test my levels when I get up then normally take my diabetic meds and wait for about 30 minutes or longer then have a meal, then try and test again 2 hours after my meal. just checking what others do!
I test before any food or meds ..I take my metformin just after food .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found that one of my diabetic medication consumer patient information recommend to take it at least 30 minutes before eating hence why I have started to do it this way.
I suppose it depends on what medication you are on with mine ( metformin ) it is recommended to take with meals or just after , to help with the dreaded" metformin trots " :rolleyes:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nasty 9 again and I can't blame this one on poor sleep because had a whole 7 hrs .

Reactions: annabell1

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rude not to answer @annabell1. No breakfast 4 me, just tea. LC breakfast food was not filling just empty carbs and cals. Libre shows my bg peaks around 11.00 am so coffee then it drops. Tried LC protein based food again in the morning - no difference. That is just me but this is all N=1.
By ‘ LC’ do you mean low carb or low calorie, @ianpspurs ?
I test when I manage to getdownstairs, which somedays can be an hour or more after waking. Then get mad with myself for not taking the meter upstairs the night before.
Breakfast is brunch, a few hours after getting up, and I test again before and after eating. I record my fasting level as the first of the day, regardless of whether I ammgoing to eat or not soon after.
This morning was 5.6, yesterday 5.8.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. My breakfast consists of whatever is available, usually Greek yogurt with maybe some seeds but this morning it was low carb toast and butter. About 4gms carbs. I am usually starving when I get up so breakfast is very high up on the agenda for me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
By ‘ LC’ do you mean low carb or low calorie, @ianpspurs ?
I test when I manage to getdownstairs, which somedays can be an hour or more after waking. Then get mad with myself for not taking the meter upstairs the night before.
Breakfast is brunch, a few hours after getting up, and I test again before and after eating. I record my fasting level as the first of the day, regardless of whether I ammgoing to eat or not soon after.
This morning was 5.6, yesterday 5.8.
By LC I mean low carb but my taste in low carb has unintentionally morphed into somewhat low calorie. Olive oil most days and a small piece of cheese now and again are the exceptions. Avo is medium cals IMHO; I guess salmon and mackerel are quite calorific but not breakfast for me.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.0 at 0440.

Early day at work today and straight into training one of the new guys at 0630.

Rest day for the legs today so no running.

Shoulder of sleeplessness not quite tamed but better (still rubbish as an actual shoulder, but less wakey).

CotswoldsBloke

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, my first contribution on this thread.

I received my Freestyle Libre 2 yesterday and have started to collect data.

I was 5.0 on waking this morning. The device has reported me going down to 3 overnight. I’m newly diagnosed and still trying to understand everything, but that low reading has me worried. I don’t wish to divert the thread, but any explanation/guidance would be welcomed.

Cheers
Nick