What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: Spanish chicken and roasted veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Max68

OMG I am addicted to Firecracker Wings. Must put these forward to anyone who loves their Chicken, they are absolutely gorgeous. Tip if you don't like the sauce as it's too hot, dab each with a bit of kitchen roll then you get a hint of sauce but it's not overwhelming. Last night had the wings with some lamb fillet cut into squares and placed in a dry grill pan until seared on the outside and a handful of oven cooked sweet potato wedges. Lunch today some pate on couple of small slices of low carb toast (love this hi-lo seeded loaf) and tonight having a grill up with pancetta, eggs, sausages and mushrooms.

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't feel like cooking today, so I used the fact the meat hasn't thawed yet as the perfect excuse not to cook.

Still, I do need to eat, even if I don't cook (I'm not the fasting kind of person).
So instead of cooking I chopped a small onion, a clove of garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, paksoy and gave it a quick fry with a bit of hot sauce and black bean paste. I'll use it to fill the cheese crusted omelet @DJC3 so kindly reminded me of when it's dinner time :hungry:.

And I'm feeling very smug on not having had to cook today! :hilarious:
Am I the only one with this kind of twisted logic?

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fingers crossed. Mine was the same. It arrived at Peterborough in the afternoon and left in the evening. I've just put a SLC order in and, yes, I've ordered the hot cross buns. I reckon I can have a very low carb day to allow for them.
Yes I think they are around 5 carbs so as long as you count them in - you/I will be fine - enjoy! I am already wondering if DGF will be doing a new mixed box this week

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
so missed a few posts
Thursday breakfast
eggs scrambled, bacon a mushroom tomatoes sourdough toast total cabs around 36.7 black coffee

lunch
black tea left over chicken wing and t-bone steak some Greek yoghurt with some pistachio and strawberries

Friday Breakfast
fried eggs scrambled, bacon baked beans that i found that has no sugar but sweetened with stevia a slice of sourdough toast total cabs around 70 black coffee
SAT left over chicken was dinner but can't remember the rest of the day
sun
brunch bacon fried eggs on sourdough
dinner made some tabbouleh and served with some iceberg lettuce leaves and some Lebanese bread

having crazy weather here in NSW lots of areas have been flooded and some people have lost homes luckily where I live although lots of flooding not as bad as other areas in NSW but was stranded and stayed home all weekend as all exits to go anywhere was flooded so couldn't go shopping for breakfast supplies and I run out of eggs :( sad face LOL

breakfast so this morning Monday found some oats so cooked on stove with milk and butter and 2 black coffee.
luckily roads where opened so brought able to go shopping so got some eggs and bacon some salami, ham, fresh cream and cheese

blood sugar dropped down to 4.3 and hadn't eaten since breakfast around 11am it was around 6pm and wasn't hungry and dinner wasn't for another hour or so so ate a a few spoons of leftover tabbouleh with lettuce until dinner time whilst my dinner of vegetable soup was being made.

dinner made some vegetable soup left over vegies and chicken stock but could only sip on the soup and threw the vegetables out it had to much capsicum in it and couldn't tolerate the vegetables but the stock was good so then made a shake using protein powder some strawberries, blackberries cold water ice and spoonful of yoghurt blitzed in my nutribullet, I have left over soup in fridge so might blitz it tomorrow see if I can tolerate it better.
Virtual hug for the extreme weather and food supplies x

Reactions: annabell1

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter - nursery food. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - roasted chicken with broccoli, sprouts, a little carrot and melted garlic butter over it. 2 squares Lindtt 90% with peanut butter on top.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How did you make the crust?
Ingredients:

• 270 g ground almonds
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tbsp. coconut oil
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 180C/356F. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well together. Form a ball from dough and refrigerate for about 20 min. Press evenly into 23 cm wide loose bottomed tart tin, pierce with fork and bake for about 15 minutes until very slightly browned.

In my next one im planning to add some grated cheese. I have a feeling it will be even better :)

Enjoy :)

Reactions: annabell1

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
About 11 ish, 3 eggs crusty cheese omelette
Long walk
Mid afternoon 5 brazil nuts
6pm salmon with wild garlic and cream, with carrots and cabbage. 2 almond biscuits (trying 2 new recipes)

Onlinecaroline

@Antje77 thank you! She’s doing ok, just not enjoying being held hostage in a crate for two weeks.

It was like keto Christmas today - delivery from DGF, SLC and Fatt Bar.

Had breakfast today as my FBG was higher than it has been at 6.8 and woke up feeling a bit odd. 3 eggs mashed in a cup with butter.

Lunch - SLC sandwich with butter and corn beef, Fatt Bar cookie and 2 babybel

Dinner - buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese Mayo be drivable a DGF lemon cake.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 thank you! She’s doing ok, just not enjoying being held hostage in a crate for two weeks.
Hug obviously for the dog, but also for you, having to try to make sure she won't do anything detrimental for her health.
What ails her?
Last summer I've had to keep a cat alone in the spare bedroom for 5 weeks because of a broken leg to prevent sudden movement. Yes, that should have been crate rest but I just couldn't. It was a hard time for both of us.

And the result of my 'I'm not cooking today' meal. The red stuff is smokey sriracha, goes very well with the egg I think, and it looks pretty too! :)

164128193_10223153021848243_1598104316052513555_o.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: chilli con carne with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't feel like cooking today, so I used the fact the meat hasn't thawed yet as the perfect excuse not to cook.

Still, I do need to eat, even if I don't cook (I'm not the fasting kind of person).
So instead of cooking I chopped a small onion, a clove of garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, paksoy and gave it a quick fry with a bit of hot sauce and black bean paste. I'll use it to fill the cheese crusted omelet @DJC3 so kindly reminded me of when it's dinner time :hungry:.

And I'm feeling very smug on not having had to cook today! :hilarious:
Am I the only one with this kind of twisted logic?

I’m not good at fasting either. Just the thought makes me sad and I end up thinking about food all the time. Wish I could do it.
Glad you rediscovered the joy of a cheese crusted omelet. I need to look back at DD and all our CMT recipes to see what else I’ve forgotten about.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of black coffee all morning. Packed lunch at work was a sort of cobb salad, squashed into a too small Tupperware
so when I went to eat it, it had almost set into a salad brick.
DGF cake to follow.
It was quite a physically demanding day and I was v hungry when I got in so had a h/b egg and slice of Mestermacher bread, to keep me away from the nut cupboard
Dinner was a load of the air fried brined chicken wings. I just can’t get enough of these ( I think I ate about 9). 2 mugs of coco tea which I am fast becoming addicted to.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can anyone recommend anything that Morrison’s do particularly well?
Daughter is making the trek out there tomorrow and I know there are some things people have recommended.
@maglil55 and @Goonergal I’m thinking either or both of you might use Morrison’s?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Daughter is making the trek out there tomorrow and I know there are some things people have recommended.
@maglil55 and @Goonergal I’m thinking either or both of you might use Morrison’s?
I find them good for meat. They do pork skin for making your own crackling, bones for stock or broth. As well as pork belly and various other cuts.
"Wonky" avocados can be good, if you have patience for them to ripen.
My boys like their baked goods.
If you hunt up and down the aisles on hanging strips they often have the lighter form of pork scratchings call "crunchies"

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was there today ... some of the things I got were their bratwurst sausages & gammon steaks (both long dated so handy to have in the fridge), ready to eat sweet chilli smoked salmon fillets, their coleslaw is lovely as is their double creams (I find the quality is better than Aldi but the prices are a bit higher), I got a bag of baby spinach which I use as a base for my salads rather than lettuce sometimes. I got some stuffed olives again pricey but lovely and their crunchy peanut butter with the red lid is good too - not too hard just right. They do pickled eggs in a jar too but today my store didn't have any *sigh*. I got more 90% Lindtt chocolate. They do tins of sardines & mackerel fillets in tasty sauces e.g. tikka sauce, peri peri sauce, lemon, chilli & garlic infused oil (I have quite a few in the cupboard and need to get in to the habit of eating them again as they are really nice if you like a tasty sauce). They also do a pro active semi skimmed milk for lowering cholesterol which I pick up in there as well as it tastes fine ... happy shopping ... The girls get the seabass from Morrisons but I have not tried it yet, I usually get the salmon as I prefer it to seabass. Oh and any of their mince, steak etc. is also lovely as they have their own butcher in their stores. Chicken is always fine too. I love their cooked chicken drumsticks again good quality.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Lamb ribs. Their meat counter in general is great. A few weeks ago I picked up a small piece of boneless lamb leg which was delicious done in the air fryer - wished I’d picked up more. Also rib roast, which is essentially ribeye, except you need to slice yourself, but much cheaper. Rumour had it recently that they had Picanha, my favourite cut in Rodizio style places. And 20% mince, thick cut too!

My local one will keep things aside for you if you call ahead and speak to the butcher counter and tell them what you want. I’ve never remembered to do it, but the butcher told me himself!