Mandy

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, type 1 diabetic, pump user since 2007. Find I need advice from peers re current regimes. Had diabetes for 54 years and still learning now. Hello

Hi Mandy, welcome!!!! Sundays are quieter around here but you will get plenty of replies. I don't use a pump but plenty on here do. x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, type 1 diabetic, pump user since 2007. Find I need advice from peers re current regimes. Had diabetes for 54 years and still learning now. Hello

Hi and a big welcome to the forum, wow, 54 years is amazing ⭐
I am still on MDI so I can't advise regarding the pump, but I'm sure someone will be along in due course with help and advice. Take care :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @MandyJean and welcome :)

I am a Medtronic 640g user, 5 years now, it’s been an absolute game changer for me as struggled on MDI, I do have to tweak from time to time and I will also possibly be changing to a tandem slim soon as my clinic is moving onto these, I also self fund the Dexcom G6 and this has been brilliant to use also.

How are you getting on with your pump ?

Reactions: megan

WendyC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello MandyJean
I’ve been Type 1 for 50 years and a pump user for 12. They are amazing and really change your life. I’ve recently changed my pump to an Omnipod Dash and although it’s taken a bit of time to get used to it’s the best one I’ve ever had. I hope you find your pump changes your life for the better.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello Mandy
I am a pumper of nearly 8 years with Roche Insight. I think it is like being an i phone person in that you have Android or I phone but you stick with what you are used to ! What pump do you have?
My Insight has just broken down so its 'doors to manual' for me until the new one arrives. MDI is fine and it is nice not to have my 'pump bump' for a couple of days.

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mandy. Been Type 1 - 57years. Been on Insight pump 5 years. Suits a golden oldie 79. Was offered a change of pump recently but I love the Insight as I can see it.

PW76

I have been on an insulin pump for about 3 months and my readings have never been so bad as now. I am 76 and I developed diabetes type 1 eleven years ago. Previously I was on the Novorapid and Lantus injection pens but my Hba1c was never very good (59mmol). I went on the Omnipod dash hoping to lower my Hba1c (the opposite has happened) and to decrease the injection sites as I was developing several lipos on my abdomen.
I don’t understand what I am doing wrong, I test very frequently both with the Freestyle Libre and the Accucheck, I count my carbs meticulously and I follow the advice of my diabetic nurse. However my blood glucose seems to behave normally for a couple of days or so then suddenly out of the blue shoots up to readings of 20, 28 with no reason and I have to resort to injecting with my pen to get some control. The PDM does not notify me any problems with the pod. However, to make sure, I keep changing the pod but then the whole saga starts again in a few days.
I feel so disappointed by it all that I am tempted to go back to injecting. I feel so envious of people who are successful on the pump. Can anybody help? Is it the wrong pump? Has anyone else encountered these problems with the Omnipod?
I am feeling depressed.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome @PW76

It would help if could move your post to a new thread for better visibility - are you ok for me to do this ?

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi WendyC
Can I ask how long it took you to get your BG on an even keel. I am just entering my 4th week & am struggling. Getting more lows than I did on the pens. I know I'll get there but feeling a bit down about it just now.
Thanks

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
I've been on accucheck insight tor 6 years. Not happy with my control although my team say I'm doing well mostly but I see them once a year and my hbalc isn't good, varies from 7.6 to 8.6 mostly. Last appointment I had they asked my why I was trying to lose weight all the time... erm well because I'm over weight, unhealthy BMI. Anyway.... I'm insulin resistant on metformin with very reactive blood sugars. I could basal test then it all changes. Basal in my own settings have recently gone from standard all day to standard in the morning and -10% in the afternoon to + 10% in the morning to standard in the afternoon! All over the place and I'm so tired of it. Wouldn't even know what to say to my nurse and dr any more. Want help but don't know how as I'm so brain exhausted
I've spent about a week trying to get highs down, mostly the morning but sometimes all day. Deciding where I need to increase basal. Wait an extra day to be sure and before I make any changes I suddenly get 2 hypos! I did say it's very reactive