What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, my first contribution on this thread.

I received my Freestyle Libre 2 yesterday and have started to collect data.

I was 5.0 on waking this morning. The device has reported me going down to 3 overnight. I’m newly diagnosed and still trying to understand everything, but that low reading has me worried. I don’t wish to divert the thread, but any explanation/guidance would be welcomed.

Cheers
Nick

Hi @Cotswoldbloke and welcome. This bit of the forum is really just for posting your fbg. There are a lot of other threads devoted to the Libre though and you’d likely get more information in one of those. ( just search Libre) Otherwise you could start your own thread asking a question. Good luck.

Reactions: CotswoldsBloke

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I was 5.0 on waking this morning. The device has reported me going down to 3 overnight. I’m newly diagnosed and still trying to understand everything, but that low reading has me worried. I don’t wish to divert the thread, but any explanation/guidance would be welcomed.

Cheers
Nick
Sometimes if you lie on the libre you get a low result x

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
3.7 on waking - my BGs have been running too high over the past few weeks, so adjusted my basal (Tresiba) up one unit a couple days ago. But I think may also be result of only eating one small meal (eggs and bacon) yesterday. Fortunately now rising due to my usual DP/Foot on Floor response, so seeing if I can stick just to coffee until lunchtime.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Cheers
Nick

My libre 2 has gone on a peculiar streak. It has for a couple of nights put me well below 4mmol/l with the lowest reading 3.4. Last night it has not had me above 4.1 since 6pm last night despite glucose and low GI carbs typical for treating hypo’s. This is so out of character for me i have come to the conclusion the sensor is faulty. I was due to replace the sensor today anyway and so have duly replaced it. Will be interested to see what the new sensor says in about 20 minutes.

Regards your sensor’s low reading that is what it is designed to do. It wakens you and if you follow your hypo treatment plan then that will raise your BG level to safer levels and you go back to sleep, if you can.
As many others have said diabetes is like a ride on the longest rollercoaster of your life. LOL

Reactions: CotswoldsBloke

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning. Swipey reckons I was 4.7 this morning which could be both true and worse. Welcome @CotswoldsBloke. Lying on a Libre can lower readings as @karen8967 says. Everyone's too low is different and medication affects this. I'm good to go at 3 but some aren't.
im awful at 3 ian really shakey i dont know if the factors are different for type 1s and type 2s x

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
UPDATE (because some very kind people wanted to know) - spoke to GP this morning - Hba1c was up to 52 - not earth shattering but higher than I would like. Finally being referred to a consultant. DN ringing me this afternoon about fast-acting insulin. Looks like things may finally be on the move.

P62

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
UPDATE (because some very kind people wanted to know) - spoke to GP this morning - Hba1c was up to 52 - not earth shattering but higher than I would like. Finally being referred to a consultant. DN ringing me this afternoon about fast-acting insulin. Looks like things may finally be on the move.

P62
Winner for the long overdue action. Hba1c is merely the blip that prompted the realisation you needed more help. Thanks for updating us.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.8 today.

@CotswoldsBloke -- Welcome to the thread. Really good advice by @karen897and by@PenguinMum re libre night low.
@DJC3 -- Hugs for the 6. I'm sure tomorrow will be better again.
@karen8967, @ianpspurs, @Providence 62 -- I tend to be fine in the upper 3s (though haven't seen anything in the 3s for a long, long time, lowest ever has been a 3.2). I believe it has something to do with the levels you're normally at rather than being T1 or T2.