What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bright and frisky start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a nice bavette steak with a sort of celeriac mash up with greens and caramalised onions came in at a fine 5.1 this am. Had a couple of 3’s during the night - at midnight and at 3am - a rollercoaster time in the liver department.

We have the pleasure of hearing a site emergency alarm test from the Wilton site just up the road every Tuesday at 10am, shortly followed by an all clear. They have now decided that this alarm is out dated (veiled speech for why should we continue to look after it). So now, from April, each site resident company will be responsible for it’s own individual plant alarm - same day, same time - there’s progress for you - it will be like a cuckoo clock expo - can’t wait.

Art today - ink on rice paper - I probably should have stopped quite a bit earlier than I did. Oh well, it’s Friday and I hope that everyone has a good one. Koffy time.

View attachment 48341
I like that detail in the bottom half @dunelm

Have a good day

Reactions: BRSBRI and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mr K is shopping in Aldi. Phoned him to ask him to get some cashew nuts as I had read earlier on another thread that they don't spike BS because of the resistant starch they contain.

Haven't had cashews since 2017. I do hope they don't spike as I used to love cashews.
I find cashews help lower my blood sugars, in small quantities @Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I find cashews help lower my blood sugars, in small quantities @Krystyna23040
@gennepher it looks very much as though they help lower my blood sugars in small quantities also. Although it is a shame that they were on the banned list for 4 years - it is lovely now that I can eat them again. A real treat.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Back in my pen; having a wee gin and diet tonic.

The bill for dinner is thankfully not in USD, GBP, EUR, CAD nor any major currency ...phew...

After the nitty gritty and signatures still wet on paperwork always nice to chill...

Empty roads on way back - and as I am starting to do that famous chest nod, bed and Mister Sandman is not so far away.

Have a fabudozzi Friday afternoon, eve and night and I'll chime in tomorrow with the damage on FBG after tonight's excesses around the dinner table.
omg.jpg
eptpe.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher it looks very much as though they help lower my blood sugars in small quantities also. Although it is a shame that they were on the banned list for 4 years - it is lovely now that I can eat them again. A real treat.
I love the Lidl cashew nuts. I actually bought 4 packets this morning @Krystyna23040
:)
So, it was funny you mentioning them just now.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Oh no - I wish you hadn't posted this. I absolutely love nut butters and find it very hard to limit them to a teaspoon at a time.

Have googled Funky Nut Cashew Butter and it looks highly likely that I will be buying some very soon.
Apparently I can look like Coco the Clown as it covers my chin and lips due to my inability to look sophisticated - apparently like that scene in the movie Chocolat where the puritanical mayor is found in the window of the chocolate shop...

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So true for me yesterday - so interview went well I think - he said if I had any other questions just to e-mail him and asked if I had any holidays booked (I wish) also replied great answers to a couple of questions - so sounds like he was interested maybe? he said it would probably be end of next week before he got back to me - so sounds like he has a lot more to interview - so I won't hold my breath ...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So true for me yesterday - so interview went well I think - he said if I had any other questions just to e-mail him and asked if I had any holidays booked (I wish) also replied great answers to a couple of questions - so sounds like he was interested maybe? he said it would probably be end of next week before he got back to me - so sounds like he has a lot more to interview - so I won't hold my breath ...
Hope it all works in your favour.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 this morning

A cold but sometimes sunny day today, made for nice clouds :)
All tablets today ;) Mum has picked up her prescription tablets and Katy's worm and flea tablets and mr gee got more vitamin D and Magnesium and dropped off his prescription :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - interesting night study with that scarlet moon, I like how it reflects in the waterfall and subtly warms the night sky :)

@BRSBRI - congratulations on a successful outcome, but I don't even want to think about what that amount translates to :eek:
Bartoli - 'Sposa son disprezzata' :singing:

@dunelm - even if you think you overworked it a bit you've produced a pleasing and highly textural painting today and the trees are lovely :)

@Muddy Cyclist - looking forward to your next ensemble release ;)

@jjraak - sounds as if your hard work is paying off in good progress :)

@Krystyna23040 - cashew nuts are a favourite with mr gee too, we got a special offer in Home Bargains this week, three x 150g bags for £3.50 :)

art bit - tried something a bit different

here is my go at an image seen on Pinterest (the reference I put down as the artist I now think may be the place name - Hoi Quan), it's turned out a bit flat and muddy for my liking :sorry:
upload_2021-3-26_21-16-53.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Apparently I can look like Coco the Clown as it covers my chin and lips due to my inability to look sophisticated - apparently like that scene in the movie Chocolat where the puritanical mayor is found in the window of the chocolate shop...

Cream cakes, which I may have one on my birthday I add in my defence, are a
real problem, I seem to share the cream between my mouth and my face.
D.

Reactions: BRSBRI

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
[QUOTE="lindisfel, post: 2382716, member: 57698

This last week hundreds of Whooper Swans have been moving north out of England into Scotland ready to fly back to Iceland, some moving in the night.
I only hope they miss the ranks of wind farms across their path as the go north through the Borders.
D.[/QUOTE
@lindisfel Have you heard about the new bladeless wind turbines? MrSlim was saying they could be fitted to lamposts.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRSBRI

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cream cakes, which I may have one on my birthday I add in my defence, are a
real problem, I seem to share the cream between my mouth and my face.
D.
Have a real cream cake problem - MrSlim keeps buying them. Sometimes don't know whether to cheer or groan.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon. Beautiful day : 27°C and lots of blue skies and sun.

FBG after my duck dinner, very late night (2am working) had led to a higher than normal 6.9 but still less than the whopper yesterday. I had got into a routine during isolation but the rough and tumble of business has gotten in the way, that's for sure. I'm learning very quickly T2DM self management is only partially about food intake ...it's the whole shebang that counts and makes a positive difference...

Breakfast was miso soup, greens, poached fish, berries and coffee; 2 hours later 5.8 returned...

I'm pleased to report the deal is done; everyone is happy. Dinner celebration tonight, Taipei tour and coast tomorrow, work Sunday; further afield Monday on day off; departure seems to be as planned. Phew!

330pm conference call in 25 mins and then early dinner at an extortionate joint...

Have a brill Friday all
Congratulations on the done deal. Applause and champagne. Fall into bed and relax, job done. Well done you.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Did read that thread too @Krystyna23040

Interesting.
Do let us know how you got on

I like nuts, pistachio in particular
Not one I can just have one or two of, sadly.

Take two Brazil nuts most days, good in moderation *

But had given up cashews, so might well try and test those and see if they spike me

Missus bought roasted peanuts, been sneaking one or two ( :)) Seems they might be a no-no,
So be nice to have a fall back I can eat more safely.

*https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/brazil-nuts-benefits#TOC_TITLE_HDR_9

I started them for point 7,
I wonder if point 6 might be worthwhile information for those with kidney issues ?

As for safety, see end of report
Not something I was aware of. (chocolate covered Brazil nuts back in the day..just have one .:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:)
1-3 daily is where I stick.
Please explain why Brazil nuts are sold in 500g packets, if over consumption (more than two or three) is dangerous. Surely if this is the case, brazil nuts would be sold in pairs - with a health warning and shops prohibited from selling more than one packet to anyone.
By the way, my higher than average FBG yesterday was caused by dark chocolate coated Brazil's. 150g pack