What are you doing now and humorous banter.

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you drive Wolfie? I can’t wait to go to my local garden centre it’s about 3 miles away
Shielding finishes April 1st and if the weathers nice that’s where I’m planning to go

I think there will be many of us looking forward to April 1st!

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I think there will be many of us looking forward to April 1st!

Gosh it feels like a long time to wait, at least the clocks go forward next weekend and then soon April 1st.

Have you any plans?

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gosh it feels like a long time to wait, at least the clocks go forward next weekend and then soon April 1st.

Have you any plans?

I have work on the 1st and 2nd but after this I'll be at B&Q buying paint so I can finally make some progress with my house. I'd also like to fix up the front lawn, the pictures of yours have given me some inspiration and now I have itchy feet, I'm eager to get started!

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have work on the 1st and 2nd but after this I'll be at B&Q buying paint so I can finally make some progress with my house. I'd also like to fix up the front lawn, the pictures of yours have given me some inspiration and now I have itchy feet, I'm eager to get started!
@philly1991 that sounds like a good plan....just to let you in on a little secret... @Cumberland doesn’t require a lawnmower for his grass, just a dustpan and brush (or a hoover)....wish my lawn looked as pristine as his but sadly mine is of the need to mow and weedy variety.....must do something with it this year to improve it and get rid of the lumps and bumps....good luck with yours
....am thinking it is going to be very busy out and about after the 1st April.....also think that is Easter weekend so watch out for the Easter Bunny:)

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@philly1991 that sounds like a good plan....just to let you in on a little secret... @Cumberland doesn’t require a lawnmower for his grass, just a dustpan and brush (or a hoover)....wish my lawn looked as pristine as his but sadly mine is of the need to mow and weedy variety.....must do something with it this year to improve it and get rid of the lumps and bumps....good luck with yours
....am thinking it is going to be very busy out and about after the 1st April.....also think that is Easter weekend so watch out for the Easter Bunny:)

I like your thinking, maybe I'll wait a little while for the hype to die down and spend the weekend eating chocolate instead, after all it is easter. I'm definitely feeling a little fence, and plenty of flowers. Also a little hanging basket. I've found some bee flowers hidden in a cupboard so I shall be scattering those. And a bird bath would be lovely.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Yes It’ll be nice with lighter evenings more time to hopefully enjoy outdoors

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I like your thinking, maybe I'll wait a little while for the hype to die down and spend the weekend eating chocolate instead, after all it is easter. I'm definitely feeling a little fence, and plenty of flowers. Also a little hanging basket. I've found some bee flowers hidden in a cupboard so I shall be scattering those. And a bird bath would be lovely.

Oh dear I forgot about Easter, yes it’ll be busy everywhere oh well a few days later won’t harm.

Lol I Hoover it sometimes as well as brush and no matter how much rain there is it never needs mowing

Reactions: Molly56

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Ahh April I might just get out on my motorbike

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had my wilkos delivery of wallpaper and accessories. No matter how many accessories we buy they got loaned out and never returned . My pasting table ended up being taken around the Midlands to carboot sales :confused:

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just had my wilkos delivery of wallpaper and accessories. No matter how many accessories we buy they got loaned out and never returned . My pasting table ended up being taken around the Midlands to carboot sales :confused:

Excuses...excuses...get on with It up that ladder

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
2 of the bronze Cordylines in tubs have not survived the winter frosts (the green ones are ok) but the 2 bronze ones leaves all falling out and when I tugged at the main stem it just fell to bits all mushy

So started from scratch and dug them both out - easier than I thought as they’d been in the tubs nearly 4 years

Put them in garden recycling and filled up tubs with compost so now need replacements - that will mean a visit to the garden centre when we’re free from shielding

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We enjoyed some time with the little girls in the garden on Wednesday. I now have chalk murals everywhere. Good to get some sun. Didnt venture in there yesterday as was a bit nippy but went to Tesco instead and might have put some more baby clothes in the trolley. Daughter was saying yesterday that she wont have to buy anything as people were being so generous.

I had some good news yesterday the diet function of my life seems to be helping my diabetes. My HbA1C was 48 so doc seemed happy with that. On the negative side might possibly be an issue wth the old kidneys so repeat tests for those and then I guess we shall see. I'm not worried, no point worrying over someting that is only an IF (someone remind me early hours of the morning when I am worrying)

This weekend we're stripping ........ wallpaper. And taking down the shelving hubby so easily put together upon direction from his wife who cant wield a drill (I'm a feeble female cough cough)

See you on the other side of the weekend

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@wolfie11969

That is a great result for your HbA1c I’m really pleased for you and something I would like to reach too

Don’t overdo the DIY lots of refreshments

Have a good weekend, the weather looks set to warm up a little next week so might go into town in just my speedos

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
IMG_1784.jpg

Molly56’s afternoon scone