What is going on

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
been diabetic for years and coped okay but today my glucose is going high have been out for a rapid walk ,did nothing to reduce, so gave another shot of insulin and am still climbing hgher and higher HELP

Reactions: G0ldengirl68

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
been diabetic for years and coped okay but today my glucose is going high have been out for a rapid walk ,did nothing to reduce, so gave another shot of insulin and am still climbing hgher and higher HELP

Not enough information supplied to help, really.

For insulin specific questions you could be better off in the LADA/T1 area?

What you ate, how many units etc. could also help.

Reactions: Freema

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can it be you have a cold or such brewing? That tends to send numbers up.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Or have just had a Covid vaccination?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you changed your insulin and/or pen?
Either could be off or faulty so not working properly.

Reactions: Freema

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

From memory, you also take Levimir? Did you remember to give your dose the evening before?

G0ldengirl68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Icy, cold winds where I live, when I want to be outside ;)
I meant to hit hug, but oh well. I would call my doc. If you know you are doing everything that's right to keep it down, and it still going up, I'd call him.
virtual hug.gif

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

From memory, you also take Levimir? Did you remember to give your dose the evening before?
Its going down a bit now and yes feeling a bit under the weather so maybe thats it ,do hope not as my second jab is on wednesday and i really want to get that done .Thanks everyone ,dont you just love diabetes ,always ready to do something unexpected

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its going down a bit now and yes feeling a bit under the weather so maybe thats it ,do hope not as my second jab is on wednesday and i really want to get that done .Thanks everyone ,dont you just love diabetes ,always ready to do something unexpected

Sometimes it can take a bit longer to turn it around is your feeling a little off colour?
Hope you feel better soon.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well ive found the answer .Had insulin delivered by chemist van and they do not have any sort of cooling box ,asked them why and thay say its okay as long as you put it in fridge after WRONG it had lost its potency ordered more and collected it this time and hey presto all back to normal