What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Big problem is these 2 don't do cars. Horses work to get them in and at least one has issues at both ends. Learnt a lesson taking them to Holkham beach last year:arghh::arghh: Once there, they loved the beach and sea but the clean up on the way and afterwards was a nightmare. Brandon Country Park and our local woods are ideal if we can cure their car phobia.
Oh dear, sounds like Dylan he has bad car sickness but his mum did as well. The pups will grow out of it.
D.

Reactions: BRSBRI

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.3 today

we went over to Mum's to do some bits in the garden since it had finally dried up a bit and then we came home and I fell asleep :hilarious: so I missed posting yesterday then it was Sunday lunch today at Mum's.

As far as mr gee, myself and the question of LC eating @ianpspurs mr gee has been very supportive of my diet change though he hasn't completely changed his own diet (even now he has also been diagnosed as T2D).
He has generally cut right down on any potato etc. and given up sweet biscuits, he will mostly eat the same meals as myself during the week with a small pudding indulgence to keep his mum company on Sunday's. He's quite happy for me to make some substitutions there too, I usually make things using LC ingredients and sweetners. Today was my LC custard made with double cream, water, egg and sweetened with Truvia. He hasn't given up his oatcakes/Ryvitas completely but has cut down a lot. We do tend to eat one slice of homemade bread a week each with buttery scrambled eggs and bacon.
As you know I do Lowish carb not Keto (usually about 65 -80g per day), and at the moment I can usually manage my bg with that, (I did have the advantage of being able to shed half my body weight to help me though and yes pictures are available :D).

I try to keep my OCD about measuring and weighing everything under control now and not sweat the daily variability too much ;)

Mum hasn't quite got the knack of my diet yet, never a week goes by but what she offers me a biscuit or a piece of cake at least once :sorry: and then says 'oh no you can't have that can you?' - it's only been about 5 years :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

better split this post into two bits ;)

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
part two - the saga continues

@gennepher - a hug for the gridlock, we are all looking forward to being able to have a bit more freedom even if we do have a suprising amount of trepidation :sorry:
two lovely paintings since last I was here, the first has so much sun and light in it, are those foxgloves?
and your strongly felt 'Rhapsody in blue', such a striking composition
Painting can be so therapeutic sometimes can't it?

@dunelm - as ever I really admire your brushwork, both of those paintings are wonderful, the first with it's perched buildings has such a wide sense of space and I'm so struck by how much you have managed to get into your waterfall painting, you always have such an awareness of composition :joyful:

@Mrs T 123 - keeping my fingers crossed for good fortune ;)

@jjraak - well done :)

@lindisfel - The vista of the icelandic volcano is impressive isn't it? I was watching it yesterday and it was snowing over the volcano, so striking :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I like the tall silvery tree trunks, some of my favourite trees, beech and silver birch, the colours in the distance are lovely too and I look forward to seeing what direction you take it in :)

art bit - this one took me a couple of sessions, done from a photo I found on the net :)

upload_2021-3-28_21-18-22.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
part two - the saga continues

@gennepher - a hug for the gridlock, we are all looking forward to being able to have a bit more freedom even if we do have a suprising amount of trepidation :sorry:
two lovely paintings since last I was here, the first has so much sun and light in it, are those foxgloves?
and your strongly felt 'Rhapsody in blue', such a striking composition
Painting can be so therapeutic sometimes can't it?

@dunelm - as ever I really admire your brushwork, both of those paintings are wonderful, the first with it's perched buildings has such a wide sense of space and I'm so struck by how much you have managed to get into your waterfall painting, you always have such an awareness of composition :joyful:

@Mrs T 123 - keeping my fingers crossed for good fortune ;)

@jjraak - well done :)

@lindisfel - The vista of the icelandic volcano is impressive isn't it? I was watching it yesterday and it was snowing over the volcano, so striking :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I like the tall silvery tree trunks, some of my favourite trees, beech and silver birch, the colours in the distance are lovely too and I look forward to seeing what direction you take it in :)

art bit - this one took me a couple of sessions, done from a photo I found on the net :)

View attachment 48422

Yes they are foxgloves @geefull
Painting can be emotional...

A beautiful flower painting in your gentle soothing colours.
It is very tranquil...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Fbg 6.7

My digital painting for today...in Procreate.

View attachment 48424

BYE....
Sausages cooked, eggs boiled, coffee in a flask...
Adventures call....
Freedom Monday in the UK is likely to be abused by a substantial minority as the country eases itself out from a lockdown which wasn't well observed by a substantial number anyway. I'm sorry @gennepher the hordes are going to descend...the same will be true in Bath, literally ½ mile away from the front door.

I hope everyone stays safe, there's no substantial spike and even if there is, dodgy Doris aka blustering Boris will have his spinning spivs wallpaper it over - just like his flat above the shop in Downing Street...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
good evening all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.3 today

we went over to Mum's to do some bits in the garden since it had finally dried up a bit and then we came home and I fell asleep :hilarious: so I missed posting yesterday then it was Sunday lunch today at Mum's.

As far as mr gee, myself and the question of LC eating @ianpspurs mr gee has been very supportive of my diet change though he hasn't completely changed his own diet (even now he has also been diagnosed as T2D).
He has generally cut right down on any potato etc. and given up sweet biscuits, he will mostly eat the same meals as myself during the week with a small pudding indulgence to keep his mum company on Sunday's. He's quite happy for me to make some substitutions there too, I usually make things using LC ingredients and sweetners. Today was my LC custard made with double cream, water, egg and sweetened with Truvia. He hasn't given up his oatcakes/Ryvitas completely but has cut down a lot. We do tend to eat one slice of homemade bread a week each with buttery scrambled eggs and bacon.
As you know I do Lowish carb not Keto (usually about 65 -80g per day), and at the moment I can usually manage my bg with that, (I did have the advantage of being able to shed half my body weight to help me though and yes pictures are available :D).

I try to keep my OCD about measuring and weighing everything under control now and not sweat the daily variability too much ;)

Mum hasn't quite got the knack of my diet yet, never a week goes by but what she offers me a biscuit or a piece of cake at least once :sorry: and then says 'oh no you can't have that can you?' - it's only been about 5 years :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

better split this post into two bits ;)
The custard btw sounds yummy.
Hope all's well...and fab painting

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Well you know how Lauren likes to talk...yada yada :rolleyes:

My Lauren's a fake name
But it suits me on here.

She's one of the lucky ones,
The faintest hint of sun and she browns

I get the delights of a paddy skin.
White, then red, a tad redder, then peel,
Then back to white like I never been away. :banghead:

Anyway make your own mind up.

Lauren of Arabia
And Gandalf.
That year's holiday hog. :DView attachment 48421
AHH. I'll have ask the Bath based Lauren to change her name so my confusion is not so transparent...;)

Great photo... being a Scot, as Billy Connolly says, we start out blue, then with a fair wind become sort of fleshy coloured before radioactive red arrives!

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another noisy and blustery start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Thai green curry sans rice (Mrs Miggins had sticky rice) came in at 5.2 this am

Tidy up time in the garden yesterday from the fence repairs - two fence panels to break up, now sitting in the back of Mrs Miggins’ car for her to take to her time slot booked visit to the recycling centre this morning.

@geefull - thank you for your painting compliments, gratefully received and a smashing flower painting from you. I do like the way that you have used the blues in the background to enable the featured flowers to really stand out.
@gennepher - another smashing finger painting from you, amazing how you get such fine strokes and detail into them using only your finger. Great story telling. Enjoy your day out, hope the roads are not too crowded.

Art today - Hight Force - many years ago we had a rope strung across the top, in spring, over the angry water. The object was to crawl over the rope, full kit (less rifle), then hang from the centre and let go into the pool. What fun. “Can I volunteer for the safety crew?” - “No, just get in line.” Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday - I shall be shunning the crowds as usual. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-3-29_7-2-0.jpeg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Afternoon! 7½ hours ago FBG was in the mid 6s following a major indiscretion last night with a lager infused dinner. After breakfast of eggs, steamed fish it was 5.6...

36°C today, steamy and this morning very sunny after a foggy night. I meandered out of the city to the beaches and had a fish lunch chilling (or sweating out) now back in Taipei catching more of this great place before heading home Wednesday. Getting cloudier now - rain due Tuesday.

Tomorrow is now a full-on work day virtually handing over to the team who've now arrived and in the big Q...they're here for 3 months so will eventually move to a large rented house so they can roam free!
Tomorrow night all the au revoirs will be done; a bittersweet moment.

The plane taking me home is sitting resting at the moment till she takes to the air again Wednesday morning!

Dinner out and about before starting to pack...

Happy Monday all...hope you have a delish day no matter what you're doing!
b4.jpg
b3.jpg
b2.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon! 7½ hours ago FBG was in the mid 6s following a major indiscretion last night with a lager infused dinner. After breakfast of eggs, steamed fish it was 5.6...

36°C today, steamy and this morning very sunny after a foggy night. I meandered out of the city to the beaches and had a fish lunch chilling (or sweating out) now back in Taipei catching more of this great place before heading home Wednesday. Getting cloudier now - rain due Tuesday.

Tomorrow is now a full-on work day virtually handing over to the team who've now arrived and in the big Q...they're here for 3 months so will eventually move to a large rented house so they can roam free!
Tomorrow night all the au revoirs will be done; a bittersweet moment.

The plane taking me home is sitting resting at the moment till she takes to the air again Wednesday morning!

Dinner out and about before starting to pack...

Happy Monday all...hope you have a delish day no matter what you're doing! View attachment 48426View attachment 48427View attachment 48428
Great photo’s - thank you for sharing them

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Good morning everyone from another noisy and blustery start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Thai green curry sans rice (Mrs Miggins had sticky rice) came in at 5.2 this am

Tidy up time in the garden yesterday from the fence repairs - two fence panels to break up, now sitting in the back of Mrs Miggins’ car for her to take to her time slot booked visit to the recycling centre this morning.

@geefull - thank you for your painting compliments, gratefully received and a smashing flower painting from you. I do like the way that you have used the blues in the background to enable the featured flowers to really stand out.
@gennepher - another smashing finger painting from you, amazing how you get such fine strokes and detail into them using only your finger. Great story telling. Enjoy your day out, hope the roads are not too crowded.

Art today - Hight Force - many years ago we had a rope strung across the top, in spring, over the angry water. The object was to crawl over the rope, full kit (less rifle), then hang from the centre and let go into the pool. What fun. “Can I volunteer for the safety crew?” - “No, just get in line.” Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday - I shall be shunning the crowds as usual. Time for koffy.

View attachment 48425
Your drawings are very Oriental to me. I realise I'm an ignoramus artistically, but these speak to these them there parts. Fab

I miss sticky rice...sigh. Avoiding rice here has been difficult as it's on every plateful generally...despite diabetes being even more common than back home.

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
up later due to clock going forward so 3.8 this morning
Hi Patsy! Hope all well. 3.8 - is that low? My DSN once told me anything under 4 is in hypo territory and needs a quick fix. I could be wrong of course, I frequently am.

Have a super Monday...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your drawings are very Oriental to me. I realise I'm an ignoramus artistically, but these speak to these them there parts. Fab

I miss sticky rice...sigh. Avoiding rice here has been difficult as it's on every plateful generally...despite diabetes being even more common than back home.
Hi @BRSBRI - my paintings are done with Chinese ink on rice paper using traditional Chinese and Japanese brushes. When we went into lockdown, my mother, an artist and teacher of Chinese brushwork, sent me a parcel of supplies from her studio in France and we did a couple of online lessons on Chinese brushwork and Japanese sumi-e brushwork. Since then I have completed a minimum of one piece every day - it helps to keep me sane. At some point I will be able to get out and about on my motorcycle so painting may take a bit of a back seat although I will endeavor to continue with one each day. I now need to think about a traveling kit!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Great photo’s - thank you for sharing them
Thank you. There's plenty opportunity on this wee island for snapping. Our tech partner is a testimony to how the island of Formosa has flourished in the shadow of big red across the Straits. They have operations too of course in the PRC, where I have also been, but their locales on the mainland ain't as picturesque...lots of grey...

Here's another - earlyish morning approximately 40 mins out the city.. not a chance you'd get this over the water so close to 3 or 4 million living in a massive conurbation.
c5.jpg