Nervous to sleep...

LauraNoraLoo

I dont know how i did it, and how i didnt wake up but the other night i went to sleep, connected up all fine, and woke up with my insulin pump on the bed, without it connected up! It cant have hurt me as i didnt wake and i had no idea how long i had been without insulin for.

Blood sugar was HI straight off when i tested, but no keytones (strange). Rang my DSN because i was uncertain how to go about things seeing as im new to all this! we sorted things out pretty sharpish and my bloods went back to normal within a couple of hours.

but now im so paranoid im going to keep doing it now. I dont know how it came out, i really dont, and i doubt that i pulled it out without knowing. Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions how to make it not happen again?

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've ripped mine out twice and unhooked it in my sleep once, not sure why! I've been 'pumping' for 6 years so hopefully it won't happen too often. Can you get a pocket sewn in to your night clothes so you can tuck it in there and less chance it will get caught ?

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
How do you carry it, I tuck mine in my pants and have never had a night time disconnection.

LauraNoraLoo

ive started tucking it down the front of my top. seems to be okay there but is still really uncomfortable. since writing this ive pulled it out again.

now im more concerned that i might be ripping it out during my sleep? im a bad sleeper, i punch and kick out a lot. Lol. im hoping not.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
LauraNoraLoo said:
ive started tucking it down the front of my top. seems to be okay there but is still really uncomfortable. since writing this ive pulled it out again.

now im more concerned that i might be ripping it out during my sleep? im a bad sleeper, i punch and kick out a lot. Lol. im hoping not.

The simple solution is to put some tape over the tubing nr or on the cannula :)