What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, parma ham, avocado, mixed olives and cherry tomatoes with other half of mini ciabatta roll and butter
Dinner, poached egg on slice of hi lo, strawberries and a tiny portion of Judes Flat White Ice cream
Snacks, fibre one popcorn snack bar, starbucks mocha Instant and two:arghh: pip and nut butter cups
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, some Divine 95% chocolate

Hmm, two nights of poor sleep, really affects your food choices and cravings for carbs. All in all not the best day snack wise, but according to nutra check app still under my allowance:rolleyes: (must be down to small portions)
Thumbs up to The Curators Pork Puffs, smokey bacon flavour. Half a small packet is enough for those missing crisps like myself. Best description I can offer is a quaver crossed with a frazzle:joyful:. Looking forward to trying the other varieties. Beginning to wonder what anyone did before Amazon!

Much joy in our house, the SLC order is arriving tomorrow:D
*snapsies* my SLC is arriving tomorrow too :hungry: - sometimes it is the simple things in life that make us happy :happy: :D

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
no actual meal today as was trying to stop a migraine so veered between eating and not eating
Couple scrambled eggs
Seaweed salt thins
Piece lc cake
Piece lc soda bread
Ff greek with blueberries and strawberries (had double usual amount of fruit as the vitamins are supposed to help migraine, maybe)

Reactions: maglil55

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
A few meals today

breakfast low carb waffles with 1/2 banana few blackberries thickened cream and teaspoon of maple syrup with 2 black coffee

snack slice of halloumi cheese and 1/4 toasted Lebanese bread with baba ghanoush two slices of hot cross bun bread with butter

Dinner made fiery prawn avocado and mango cocktail salad dressed with siracha mayonnaise dressing

Attachments

• waffles.jpeg
    waffles.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 93
  • prawns.jpeg
    prawns.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Is Australia not setting up mass vaccination centres? I have a lot of relatives in Australia so I know your situation has been loads better than elsewhere but I would have thought they'd want to step up vaccination before you head back into winter?
for some reason only certain doctor surgery's/clinics have been registered to deploy the vaccine and you have to make you own appointment to get the jab also it may be because in Australia it is voluntary to get the vaccine but if they had vaccination centres it would be rolled out quicker but then again this is how Australia does things :rolleyes: , I am in no hurry getting vaccine only because have to many allergies to medication so want to know more information before getting it so will be asking my GP ENDO AND GI what they think before I get it.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday bed 6.9 FBG 6.8. Grandson wanted to increase his time in school gradually this week too but, school wants to stick at same time until after the holidays as his teacher has a lot of meetings. Grandson is not keen on change but he's disappointed he isn't getting to increase it.
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with the last of the salmon mousse.
L. Another coffee and a toasted SLC hot cross bun with melting butter.
D. Remains of yesterday lamb with what was left of the roasting veg and mint sauce. It was pretty much carnivore as there was a fair bit of pink lamb remaining.

@Mrs T 123 - I think I need to order more SLC hot cross buns too. I still have a few but I'd overlooked the Easter weekend. Brazil nuts (@DJC3 too) my Mum and my sister loved them. I don't mind them but I always preferred walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts. I think it's the creaminess of the Brazil I find off-putting. @annabell1 - love the look of your prawn and avocado dish.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 eggs mashed up in cup with butter& mayo, ground pepper on top. Mug of earl grey tea

SLC heaven here today - order arrived as planned:

Dinner - 1 slc hot cross bun toasted and slathered with butter on top. 2 slices slc bread sandwiches on pork & egg roll. 2 leftover chicken drumsticks with a little piri piri sauce. 2 Hotel Chocolat 85% dark fingers that I forgot I had bought and are actually out of date but should be ok. Mug of earl grey tea

@maglil55 All well with SLC but DGF - I placed order yesterday morning - it's still not been despatched and of course it is with Royal Mail (no other option unfortunately) so I doubt I will receive it in time for Easter as I had hoped as Royal Mail will be on hols Fri & Mon for Easter so ... Is it just me aargh ?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
MIA again. First of all thanks to @Tori71 and @annabell1 for the validation re cool toast and cooler butter. @Riva_Roxaban that salt beef brought back memories of my childhood when my mother used to sometimes buy brined beef from the butcher and she boiled it as you would gammon but it was very nice with mustard and mash. Agree corned beef is a different thing altogether though ok for a sandwich not that I can have one of those either!
Snday evening did big roast chicken dinner as son is back living with us so leftovers for lunch Monday and remainder in my gumbo thing I do frying up diced pepper, chorizo, olives, added shredded chicken and chopped remainder of two roasties for the boys with rice warmed through. Was meant to be caulit rice with half third of gumbo for me but it got late and I gave into a serving spoon of rice avoiding the spuds. The rice really affected my BG.
Today I had usual slice HiLo toast, butter, lots of tea. Lunch was coleslaw grated cheese on top on bed of lettuce. Tum didnt like it and was out of sorts an hour after though that was more discovering the vet found a heart murmur in one of my cats aged 8. I think she may just have been overly stressed especially because I wasnt allowed in to hold her and reassure her but mot nice to hear. So back for more checks in a month or so and possibly heart scan. Tonight the boys are having h/m (by the butcher not me) chicken & ham pie, chips & veg and I am due to have panfried lamb chop, mushrooms & tomato but currently no appetite so we will see. There’s always the comfort of scrambled egg on HiLo toast.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gorgeous day, hope everyone can take advantage of it

Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, cheese and ham carbzone wrap, pip and nut butter cup
Dinner, nandos pour and bake chicken (must find some time to do 'proper' cooking - going through cooking apathy!), roasted tomato, petit pois and five oven chips. Strawberries, seriously low carb brownie and spoonfull of Judes ice cream.
Snacks, starbucks mocha Instant.
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, some Divine 95% chocolate

Enjoyed a walk with Sister, followed by a drink in our garden...it's been too long

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all and yes @Tori71 a drink in the garden is akin to heaven really!
Today I took a packed lunch to work, my last day today - a h/b egg, SLC roll filled with h/m mackerel pate and salad, Some olives and a DGF cake.
Dinner was fabulously enormous beef short rib cooked in bone broth. Glass of red (or 2)
@PenguinMum sending hugs galore to you and your furry family.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: 100% beef burger with melted cheese and a leafy side salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Onlinecaroline

Lunch was a failure. Made chicken Mayo and it was a little slimey. So ended up with 2 Babybel and a sugar free jelly.

Dinner - Pulled Pork with G Hughes sugar free sauce, guacamole, sour cream, jalapeños and cheese. Followed by some sea dog Montezuma and a DGF strawberries and cream blondie which I am so sad I only ordered one box of!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 scrambled eggs
L: 2 bratwurst with salad. A piece lc spice cake with cream
D: frittata using bottom of the fridge veg and ham, salad. Cream with 4 blueberries 1 strawberry and 1 sq 85%.
There were another 2 sqs 85% later

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch, cheese, ham and salad. SLC Hot cross bun
Dinner, Poussin with more salad, finger of ciabatta. , SLC brownie and spoonfull of Judes ice cream.
Snacks, The curators smokey bacon puffs
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi,

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: chicken curry and cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 1 slc roll on egg mayo. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - prawn cocktail & salmon with large salad. 1 slc hot cross bun toasted & buttered. Mug of earl grey tea

@maglil55 Ordered from DGF Monday morning - they only despatched my order this afternoon - arrived at Peterborough 8pm tonight, so fingers crossed - all going to plan expected delivery to me tomorrow - so I might get it in time for easter after all!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not well first thing so fasted until 5 pm
Left over frittata, slice of cheese, 2 pieces lc spice cake
9pm hungry again, 3 small sqs my cauliflower cheese thingy, 1 slice lc soda bread, ham ends

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunch - 1 slc roll on egg mayo. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - prawn cocktail & salmon with large salad. 1 slc hot cross bun toasted & buttered. Mug of earl grey tea

@maglil55 Ordered from DGF Monday morning - they only despatched my order this afternoon - arrived at Peterborough 8pm tonight, so fingers crossed - all going to plan expected delivery to me tomorrow - so I might get it in time for easter after all!
You might be lucky. My last order travelled overnight from Peterborough. If it doesn't move though........

Reactions: DJC3 and Mrs T 123