What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it did thanks jjraak,had a bit of a night of them lowest being 2.5,was very busy painting back of the house and fences should have lowered my basal insulin but didnt think i would do as much as i did,but all good now and i will be doing a lot less today xx

You guys are just awesome .
Taking all that " juggling" in your stride, everyday.

Ouch for the 2.5.though :wideyed::arghh:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a breezy morning of promised sunshine here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ham and eggs followed by a hot cross bun came in at 5.5 this am

There are rumors of a bright, sunny day today - not seen just yet but the sky is clear of clouds. We have the girl in the bubble today. She has a trike pram contraption with quite large wheels so we will be heading to the beach later this morning.

Todays B&W snap on the box brownie is a tree and some as yet unidentified birds flying in for lockdown easing. Hope that everyone has a splendid day. Time for koffy.

View attachment 48460

A HOT CROSS BUN!!!!!

My box Brownie wasn't bad, a pity I still don't have it, not sure they make that size film any more...

Have a good day...

Great trees...looks like the ravens are coming in...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning team.

Nice day yesterday.
A little bit of normality, for better or worse, I quite liked it

Popped to B&Q.
Click & collect ( panel )

Realised shop was open.
( Had been using local store, help them through )
Suspect shopping at B&Q had been as open as before, hadn't even considered it :rolleyes:

Click & collect ..mmh
Queue up, as ya do ..
Get to my turn
4 staff at till...4.

ALL walk away as I step up
No "sorry won't keep you a minute"

Peeved to say least.

Eventually one seems shamed enough to come serve before I go full INDIGNANT Customer
( Wasn't my best visit, got to be honest )

When I spotted store open to shopping I thought
"Tool Section...Yee haw. "

Click & collect can wait While I browse male equivalent of the shoe section.

I buy some other bits, paint, brushes, etc pop em in basket, and head for tills
( Knew I don't need a trolley. So I thought :rolleyes:)

Go queue.nicely spaced out, marshalled too, so pretty impressed....until

Two poor lads, lacking spatial awareness confused 2 metres with a foot..bless em .( I blame the schools :rolleyes:)

Anyway, a little confusion .chap in front believes he's called forward
Advances as do I

But OH NO..calamity..it's a mistake
So he retreats, as do I.

Cue "careful bro, nearly stepped in me "
Mmhh
Had already marked him down for poor spatial skills.
Deducted another mark for lack of situational awareness.:rolleyes:

But did apologise.
however suggested at 2 metres he'd not have been in such danger
(sure he's still working that out.)

So by time I get to till, I'm a little ruffled but polite .
"Oh, can I have a bag please," before I tap card payment.

"No. got none"

I guess all my exercising has worked better then expected
He's seen my muscles and confused me for a circus juggler.

"Any idea how I'm meant to carry all this to car? "I asked.

Turns out he's just back after 3 weeks off :wideyed:

So I stuff as much in arms & pockets as possible, and looking liked I've robbed store pass by dozing security back to car, to drop off goods , before going back into store to collect panel ..and the staff magic show, as they all disappeared..

So all in all , freedom came with its usual cost
Good service poor service.
nice guys n idiots

SNAFU, I think they used to call that

Note to self .
Must, MUST work Harder on those social combat skills
Repeat after me: Smile AND be nice.

So survived freedom day 1.
Not quite the zombie apocalypse, but crowd scenes pretty close to it :D

Life. Everywhere you looked.

Wonder what day 2 brings.:happy:

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Afternoon all.
FBG at 0815 this morning was 6.9. Breakfast was miso soup, griddled fish and omelette. 2 hours after 5.4 BG.

Lunch was had at 1315 and was salad with grilled chicken.

Dinner will be in my room, settle up the bills that need settled, final check I've packed everything and left what I need out for the long haul home.

Had a PCR test last night which is negative and will have a lateral flow test in the morning prior to leaving for airport.

Busy day, quick check in, hope all well with you all and I'll say hello tomorrow enroute.

Plan is to acclimatise back to UK time as much as possible so will take my body clock into that by not having breakfast at hotel, rewind my watch 7 hours which should be 0345 UK when we depart, sleep for 4-5 hours on boarding (I have melatonin), breakfast, catch-up, late lunch before landing. Now making my own way home - taxi, 2 trains - one to Reading, one to Bath as MrsBRS has a heavy work and clinic day tomorrow.

All the best! Enjoy your days!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon all.
FBG at 0815 this morning was 6.9. Breakfast was miso soup, griddled fish and omelette. 2 hours after 5.4 BG.

Dinner will be in my room, settle up the bills that need settled, final check I've packed everything and left what I need out for the long haul home.

Had a PCR test last night which is negative and will have a lateral flow test in the morning prior to leaving for airport.

Busy day, quick check in, hope all well with you all and I'll say hello tomorrow enroute.

Plan is to acclimatise back to UK time as much as possible so will take my body clock into that by not having breakfast at hotel, rewind my watch 7 hours which should be 0345 UK when we depart, sleep for 4-5 hours on boarding (I have melatonin), breakfast, catch-up, late lunch before landing. Now making my own way home - taxi, 2 trains - one to Reading, one to Bath as MrsBRS has a heavy work and clinic day tomorrow.

Hope all goes smoothly and you aren't too disappointed with the shambles to which you will need to adjust after your well organised travels. Quite a stark contrast I imagine.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope all goes smoothly and you aren't too disappointed with the shambles to which you will need to adjust after your well organised travels. Quite an eye opener I imagine.

Yes, remembering to fill out all forms
1a to 220 b.
And Be prepared to for them all to be totally ignored

"Welcome back to the UK
The home of World beating & happy fish "

lindisfel

Expert
Whatever colour team is running the show this is a disgrace. Not every child has a bank of mum and dad to ensure they own their own home. Homes fit for and affordable by heroes please not big pats on the back for politicians who were rescued by these guys. If you can convince me how Brexit helps that I'll be amazed. It is a giant folly, irrelevant to our problems. Oh, have a good day folks.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago being right wing is about privilege and spreading any jam on your friends.
Doris never spoke a morel less forked tongued word when he admitted to his friends how the financial side of the vaccine success had been run.

Oh and when you are in office, be nice to your friends and a cushy job awaits your retirement.

But lefties do that as well.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I came to the conclusion a long time ago being right wing is about privilege and spreading any jam on your friends.
Doris never spoke a morel less forked tongued word when he admitted to his friends how the financial side of the vaccine success had been run.

Oh and when you are in office, be nice to your friends and a cushy job awaits your retirement.

But lefties do that as well.
D.
The colour of the team running the show isn't the issue. Feeding our "lambs" and losing none of those given to you (needlessly) are absolute basics. I'm approaching 66 yo and mostly UK plc hasn't been up to those tasks in my lifetime. Judging by the last GE and since we've given up pretending we can do those two. Hands in the air - what can anyone do? is the message apparently and it wins votes. Although it mainly only works in England and not all over here either. It doesn't travel well. YMMV.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Todays quote
FB_IMG_1616861959965.jpg

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon all.

Your bags are packed and you are ready go - homeward bound yay! have a safe journey back

Reactions: BRSBRI

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It seems I have a bumblebee that cannot fly. I noticed him a few hours ago.
I put him on some flowers, but he wasn't interested in pollen stuff. I came back and he was still crawling all over the leaves of plants appearing to try to take off at the end of the leaf. But he didn't succeed. I left him a bit hoping he would disappear.

An hour later he is still trying...

So, I put him on my Huckleberry bush which is full of white scented flowers. No, he still did not want flowers preferring to walk over the leaves, and tumble, and climb again. He prefers climbing the yellow dead nettle, but it is not in flower yet.

I went out again an hour later and he is still trying to fly. So, I went to the kitchen and got a drop of honey and some cooled boiled water (why am I boiling water for a bumblebee?).

Not interested, he said.

So, I told Billy I would check in on him in the morning if he was still around. He keeps showing me his bottom, so I am not touching him with my fingers yet...

A few years ago I had Sophie, a little russet coloured bee. Sophie's wings were fused together. She couldn't fly. But she would spunkily climb up and down all my foxglove plants and disappear into the flowers for ages on end. Sophie would always come up to me, climb my bare legs, and I would hold her a bit in my hands, then put her back in her favourite foxglove flowers. Sophie lived for 5 weeks after I found her, and I always knew where Sophie was in my garden from the way she shook the plant stems when she climbed up them. I would sit on my thatched swing and watch Sophie. I found Sophie on her last day outside my bedroom door which leads into the garden. She had died in the night.

I shall see if Billy is still there in the morning. He has fixed himself under a leaf of the yellow dead nettle plant away from predators for the night (I presume). Maybe the sun tomorrow will help him.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 yesterday and 4.3 today

quite a mixed day of rain and sharp showers, never seen so many rainbows in one day :)
I'm all out of whack, don't know how international travellers manage the time shifts, it takes me days to get used to the clocks changing by an hour :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher two interesting and pleasing pictures from you again, the figure in the first looks challenging and enigmatic and the in the second rather wistful, although more hopeful with that lovely golden glow in the sky :)

@dunelm - a strikiing and fine picture of High Force, though the rope crawl sounds fiendish :sorry: and a beautiful tree with that hint of a mountain background, I do so admire your stroke control :joyful:

@BRSBRI - I'm very much enjoying the vicarious travelling experiences, thank you for sharing :happy:

@ianpspurs - interesting, I hadn't thought of using whey protein for breakfast like that (or as a drink) though I do use unflavoured and vanilla in my baking sometimes. I shall be interested in your feedback on how you feel it works for you :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm afraid I like it too ;) it's interesting that now you've completed it the palette feels rather cooler but still feels airy.

@lindisfel - today we saw a beautiful yellow hammer and what I think was a reed bunting in the garden :joyful:

art bit - my version of an image by an artist named Mike Ibbotson, I like his strong graphic style plus I wanted to try out my rigger brush ;)

upload_2021-3-30_20-55-21.jpeg