What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.1 - I went to bed on a 5.3 and this was after semi-fasting for 18 hours. OK, using my AgaMatrix iApp I’ve now got numbers that indicate a new, further downward compression of BG. BG suppression DOES take an awfully long time. Being kind to myself and not being anxious is a trick I’ve also needed to “craft” or skill myself on.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.9 yesterday 8.7 today ...nothing to say about it other than yuk
Perhaps get that review that you mention in your signature? A bet a lot of us have been sitting unreviewed due to this virus. As @ianpspurs rightly says, you are testing and staying on top of things. xxx

Reactions: ert and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today.
That’s a bit of a result @Daphne917 ! Good for you.
@EstragonI agree, anxiety can be very destructive.
@ziggy_w and @ianpspurs re protein Ive been looking at Ted Naiman P:E theory which makes sense to me ( but would derail this thread so I won’t elaborate) Hope the shakes work for you Ian, that’s a step too far for me.

Last edited:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 at 6AM, 5.5 just now at 8AM. 36 hours into fasting right now.

Looks like my liver was in "dump mode" yesterday as my average reading was 6.7 that too while fasting so going to stretch the fast until the 60 hours mark as a minimum.

Have a great day everyone. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 from new Swipey (8 days arriving) - 2 scoops whey protein in 740 mls coffee yesterday ok but I don't really need lunch until my gym is functional, didn't test and not a fan of coffee. @hankjam what a great thing to do. @DJC3 the shakes are more acceptable for me than lc food that isn't salad.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. I have a problem with my glucose meter so not sure if this is an accurate reading. Keeps showing that the battery needs changing but the battery was just changed. Using an old meter at present as the strips were cheaper than the Tee2 strips. Looks like I will be reverting back to my Tee2 once these strips have been used up, can't be doing with having variances of over 2mmol from one glucose meter to another which is what I have been seeing.