Freestyle Libre customer services!

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
...or should I say total lack of customer services. I tried to order online and the website informs me that it is down. Have been trying for a few days now. Trying to ring them up now, but am being left in a queue then cut off. Does anyone else have these problems? Even having trouble with my local Boots. Asked them if they could order but they said no. I would welcome any suggestions from experienced Libre users.

Many thanks

Tramk

Customer service? Tried to complain about failing sensors showing 3 mmol/l different from fingerpricks. The answer: The sensor works!

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am very lucky that my Libre is now on prescription. Previously, I purchased my Libre from Superdrug and Asda with no problems.
When I have needed to contact Libre customer services, they have been very good on the phone

Last edited:

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
I am very lucky that my Libre is now on prescription. Previously, I purchased my Libre from Superdrug and Asda with problem.
When I have needed to contact Libre customer services, they have been very good on the phone
Perhaps they are a bit overwhelmed with Covid and the free offer. I have now been waiting for an hour both on phone and on chat. :(

Reactions: MS6502

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
...or should I say total lack of customer services. I tried to order online and the website informs me that it is down. Have been trying for a few days now. Trying to ring them up now, but am being left in a queue then cut off. Does anyone else have these problems? Even having trouble with my local Boots. Asked them if they could order but they said no. I would welcome any suggestions from experienced Libre users.

Many thanks
Hi,

To be frank. i get mine from ASDA pharmacy. I get offered the choice of Libre1 &2 LOL, I've been playing with them both lately.

I found Boots pharmacy in my local Sainsburys not too hot. They certainly wouldn't give me a VAT exemption.

But these outlets just retail the product. I've never dealt with the Abbott site. They actually turned me down for the free trial.. They seem to know i already use one.. o_O

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Hi,

To be frank. i get mine from ASDA pharmacy. I get offered the choice of Libre1 &2 LOL, I've been playing with them both lately.

I found Boots pharmacy in my local Sainsburys not too hot. They certainly wouldn't give me a VAT exemption.

But these outlets just retail the product. I've never dealt with the Abbott site. They actually turned me down for the free trial.. They seem to know i already use one.. o_O
Always worth a go @Jaylee - I am just waiting for my second vaccination to take effect and then I am off down the road to my local ASDA who have them in stock.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Always worth a go @Jaylee - I am just waiting for my second vaccination to take effect and then I am off down the road to my local ASDA who have them in stock.
Good luck - my local Asda didn't have them in stock so I had to order them 2 days ahead.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Good luck - my local Asda didn't have them in stock so I had to order them 2 days ahead.
Just spoken to my local independent chemist who agreed to take the VAT exemption form after a bit of discussion. Only a couple of pounds more than the website so am quite pleased with that. Keeping my fingers crossed I get the prescription from the diabetic service now. The Libre 2 is a great piece of kit, but an almighty faff to get hold of.

Reactions: In Response

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

With my local. The gave me a quick VAT exemption form to fill out. Then future purchases there is a barcode by the till for the libre with the discount.
You may have to remind them you are VAT exempt & have done the form.
Dont let em scan the actual box.

Best wishes.

Reactions: dje55

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
With my local. The gave me a quick VAT exemption form to fill out. Then future purchases there is a barcode by the till for the libre with the discount.
You may have to remind them you are VAT exempt & have done the form.
Dont let em scan the actual box.

Best wishes.
Thanks @Jaylee - valuable information. Until (if and when?) that prescription comes through I don't want to have to pay any more than I have to.

P

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’m lucky enough to get mine on prescription got to say every time I’ve been in contact with customer their service has been really good. And when they send me a new sensor replacement it arrives within 2 days

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
I’m lucky enough to get mine on prescription got to say every time I’ve been in contact with customer their service has been really good. And when they send me a new sensor replacement it arrives within 2 days
I think they may be a bit overwhelmed with the free offer. Glad you are getting a great service.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They actually turned me down for the free trial..
Have you tried to apply using a different email address. I used a different email address when applying for free trial purely by coincidence but they accepted mine and I only ever order online from their site so if they were checking against address and name combination I should have been declined.

With regards to their customer service, i would say if my experience is anything to go by then they are a very helpful bunch. Always trying to help and on 3 occasions when the sensor was failing they promptly arranged for the free replacement.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried to apply using a different email address. I used a different email address when applying for free trial purely by coincidence but they accepted mine and I only ever order online from their site so if they were checking against address and name combination I should have been declined.

With regards to their customer service, i would say if my experience is anything to go by then they are a very helpful bunch. Always trying to help and on 3 occasions when the sensor was failing they promptly arranged for the free replacement.
Hi Nutri, Yep i actually did. i use a primary private account for libreliink which is how they initially turned me down.
Then one i use for "band stuff" No reply either way..