FIT Test

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Has any one had a FIT test I had my bloods checked a few weeks ago and I was found to be anaemic so had to have more blood tests and a FIT test (sample of poo sent to lab) that came back as high so am now waiting for further investigations..... anyone else had one of these??

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there

Yes, I had a FIT test a few weeks ago as part of a raft of other investigations. Fortunately mine came back within the normal range, so no further action was warranted.

As I understand it’s a way of flagging up the need for additional investigations at the earliest possible stage. How long do you have to wait for your next appointment?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Doctor rang me last Friday and was making areferal that very day so am waiting for a letter to arrive some time with in next two weeks hopefully....

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Doctor rang me last Friday and was making areferal that very day so am waiting for a letter to arrive some time with in next two weeks hopefully....

Wishing you all the best with it.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Have the Hospital ringing me next Tuesday as seems they do not let you attend for appointment so have ot have it over phone maybe find out then what they will be doing