Please someone help me!

Theresa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
:( :( :( Not sure if this is the right page i should be on, and not sure what i am trying to say although in my head i know, well i think i do.
I was diagnosed with having COPD in August last year and diagnosed last christmas with type 2 diabetas then i have neuropathy and have just been told i have Autonomic dysfunction, i also have asthma, and a few other things too . i feel like i am loosing my mind and feel that my family and friends are loosing patients with me, i feel too that i have to keep my mouth shut just in case i am wrong , the simplest of things now take a little longer to understand is this normal? am i alone or are there others who can give me advice please :( :( :(

barleymo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I cannot help you with knowing how you should be feeling etc but I am sending you my best wishes and I really hope you can come to understand things better and then start to feel better. I am sure your family will be patient with you and understand how confused you are feeling. Good luck and stay strong. xx

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Theresa, I am also a COPD sufferer and in fact it was the long term use of Prednisolone which led to my diabetes, it is a well known side effect of corticosteroid treatment.

Cant really offer any advise re the mind fog though, what are your blood glucose levels like? I do believe that high BG levels (hyperglycaemia) may have some bearing on it.

Welcome to the forum BTW :D

WhitbyJet

Hi Theresa
I am sorry to hear that you are having multiple problems, my aunt has COPD, she has been referred to therapy to learn certain exercises that open the chest and make breathing easier, aparently swimming helps too, perhaps discuss with your medical team?

Neuropathy is horrendous, I found it and scary, lucky I have been able to reverse mine.
Tell what your bg levels are like, if they have been high for any length of time then bringing them down to a good level may bring about some considerable relief from neuropathy.

Which medications are you taking, could it be possible that you have side effects that are causing this brain fog that you describe?
You need to discuss with your medical team if necessary ask for a second opinion even, your doctor may want to run some blood tests, electrolyte imbalance, vitamin and mineral deficiencies can all cause the symptoms that you describe.

I hope things get better for you.
All the best
x x