What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Enjoy what is left of your birthday!
Thank you! Steak dinner nearly ready, candles, a dog salivating at the smell, a cat hissing because I forgot his treats and a devoted wife burning mushrooms in between a profanity or two. Wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

Hope all well with you!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Been out doing some Plein Air painting sketches, was a little chilly but got a few ideas down for Blackthorne Blossom each took less than 10 minutes.. I will try an A4 painting at some stage....

Ploughed field from yesterday, today I walked there...
View attachment 48548
Black Thorne at top of our street by a Stile....
View attachment 48547 View attachment 48546

Then when home did first sketch for some ideas of minimal detail Spring landscapes. This took 15 minutes...
View attachment 48549
Those are exceptional! Whaal! MrsBRS also raises a glass of Corbières - says they're great.

Reactions: gennepher

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you! Steak dinner nearly ready, candles, a dog salivating at the smell, a cat hissing because I forgot his treats and a devoted wife burning mushrooms in between a profanity or two. Wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

Hope all well with you!
Sounds lovely - Enjoy!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been out doing some Plein Air painting sketches, was a little chilly but got a few ideas down for Blackthorne Blossom each took less than 10 minutes.. I will try an A4 painting at some stage....

View attachment 48548

Then when home did first sketch for some ideas of minimal detail Spring landscapes. This took 15 minutes...
View attachment 48549
Blues and Yellows look very promising - looking forward, as usual, to seeing the final pieces.

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.6 today

shopping day today so that took up a good bit of the morning :) the bin men have been and it's finally stopped raining ;)

New case for my phone arrived today and it's now gone into the charity shop donations box, I fitted the case and it activates the touch screen every time it's moved :banghead: I've found myself looking at a load of screens and menus I've never seen before, hopefully I removed it before it's changed too many of my options without my noticing :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@BRSBRI - glad you're back safely and Many Happy Returns for tomorrow :)

@dunelm - love it, the trees on the crag in the foreground and the details round the base add to the strong perspective :)
that's a lovely photo too :joyful:

@gennepher - gel prints, very fine results (runs off to google gel prints ;) )

@jjraak - roadworks :sorry: not to mention diversions.

@Muddy Cyclist - sounds like you had a great ride, I'd be proper powfagged ;) produced some great photos though and I look forward to the sketches :)

@lindisfel - lots of rain here today so my prime sighting was a heron fishing in the drainage canals near mum's :)

@ianpspurs - thanks ianp I look forward to the protein review, I might try making hot chocolate with my whey protein :)

interesting article link too and chimes with my own preference for more protein rather than fat in my diet balance.

art bit
this was done from a photo I saw on the net. I was quite pleased with the way the windows turned out but I overworked the sea I think.

View attachment 48520

Thanks @geefull
I love gel printing!

I like your open window painting very much.

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Thanks @geefull
I love gel printing!

I like your open window painting very much.
Tomorrow I'm digitising all of Wan's wife's medical stuff for you. And I'll see him again in June as I will be out there again...yay! Sorry I got a bit waylaid.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a quite chilly start here in the dark and dangerous north. Stark contrast to yesterday.
The wonder wheel of another Thai green curry slid in at 5.4 this am.

Doors - no, not that bloke singing about people being strange - internal doors. A conversation, nay a statement, wafted my way about replacing internal doors. I shall keep schtum, and probably out of the way.
I mentioned yesterday that I was going to do three versions of a painting but then realised that I had not even started that project. Anyhow here is version one. Hope everyone has a great day, white rabbits and all, birthday wishes to Bismarck and anyone else blowing candles out to the sound of music. I am off to Switzerland to help with the spaghetti crop after I have drunk my koffy.

View attachment 48534
A great sketch @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is wrong with people? Aldi was a mish mash of people seemingly worrying about a famine approaching, social distancing was neither here nor even there but I survived...masked twice...as per Fauci from the States. In and out in 20 mins. Next time it's click and collect.

MrsBRS is at her neurology clinics all day, took Sid the Stinger for reasons I can't fathom and I now know Felix Formentor is really a Seat on steroids - and gets to go to the tip in a few @jjraak thanks for telling me! I'd never have known.

And then THIS happened. "So all the tooling is starting and the design stressing has gone to plan. Your software works great but we can't do this with you over there. You need to be in the Valley next Sunday for 9 days. Get your Covid stuff sorted, you've been vacc'd right?

There's no bjz jet going out but there's one coming through on the way back prolly. Book an open return flight just in case, rent a car - we'll get you an apartment near the office in Menlo. You're speaking to the group. 10 slides. Make it punchy, you're a Group VP now. K? Cya. Welcome back home".

"Oh ya, that'll be travel done till May, so ok mate. - nice job".

Sigh. I get my annual review when I'm over there with my boss too. Hope it'll go ok.

With the state of California in a right old mess, not sure 'bout any of this but I do have to go...

Just when I thought it was safe and normal...
Hugs @BRSBRI
t4624.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are trying to stop Blackbirds nesting in a Euonymus which just can't hold their nests, they have tried and failed most years but keep coming back. This balloon we blew up on Halloween 2020 and it's not gone down and I could not bring myself to burst it. So I have found a use for the persistent balloon to scare the persistent blackbird. Did it work, NO!...
View attachment 48545
h35024.gif
h35024.gif

At least it isn't a pair of these...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 48548

View attachment 48549
Brilliant sketches @Muddy Cyclist
It was rather icy today...

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 today

it's been a lovely sunny if breezy day here and the kids were splashing about in the sea, wearing wetsuits but still :)
the forecast for sometime in the next few days (as Mum insists on telling us ), is snow showers :sorry: Typical Easter special weather then ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - another fine craggy landscape vista :) first of trio you say, I look forward to them :)

@Muddy Cyclist - great sketches, you've really captured the lightness of the blossom and the blue spikyness of the thorns and your 'Spring' impression is just lovely :joyful:

@ianpspurs - thanks for the info Ian :) I may try adding some protein powder into a couple of recipes too.

@gennepher - we must have posted at almost the same time :) nice dry stone wall, I like the way you've brought the colour into it.

art bit - still life - leftover from dinner :hilarious:
upload_2021-4-1_19-29-22.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.6 today

it's been a lovely sunny if breezy day here and the kids were splashing about in the sea, wearing wetsuits but still :)
the forecast for sometime in the next few days (as Mum insists on telling us ), is snow showers :sorry: Typical Easter special weather then ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - another fine craggy landscape vista :) first of trio you say, I look forward to them :)

@Muddy Cyclist - great sketches, you've really captured the lightness of the blossom and the blue spikyness of the thorns and your 'Spring' impression is just lovely :joyful:

@ianpspurs - thanks for the info Ian :) I may try adding some protein powder into a couple of recipes too.

@gennepher - we must have posted at almost the same time :) nice dry stone wall, I like the way you've brought the colour into it.

art bit - still life - leftover from dinner :hilarious:
View attachment 48552
I am late in posting today!
Thank you @geefull
All I could see was all the colours in that drystone wall!
A great green pepper study from you.