Type 1'stars R Us

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Windy and wavy here. Rain in the morning and sunny cold wind in the afternoon. Hi waves. 2 people were swept off one of the pier heads here. One rescued and one missing. Watched tonight’s sunset to rescue boats, helicopters, and vehicles searching the water. Not a good way for them to finish the day.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Snorkeling yesterday!!!! Yea!!!!!! Some rain, wind and overcast though, that part wasn't bad though. Although I prefer sun and the warmth it brings. It was a workout, very strong current. It took lots of arm and leg power to even swim a foot against the current. And you can't rest as you would lose10 feet by just blinking. We only stayed out an hour. Raining and flash flood warnings again today!

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Windy and wavy here. Rain in the morning and sunny cold wind in the afternoon. Hi waves. 2 people were swept off one of the pier heads here. One rescued and one missing. Watched tonight’s sunset to rescue boats, helicopters, and vehicles searching the water. Not a good way for them to finish the day.

Attachments

• A4CD76A8-74F5-4EAD-B6F7-5055BFC3AA9B.jpeg
    A4CD76A8-74F5-4EAD-B6F7-5055BFC3AA9B.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 127

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Well that was fun. My dentist is on the other side of where the landslide was. They have one lane opened up for an hour and a half in the morning and at lunchtime and then a few hours at night. Our dentist appointment was in the middle of the afternoon, so we lined up an hour before the lane opened at lunchtime and there had to have been over 200 cars already, and they let the other side go first so we barely made our appointment. Coming back was a breeze, we were the 4th car only 20 minutes before it opened. and it opened early. The dentist had told us the early morning and night were easy. So my permanent cap got put on and my hubby's fillings done. So hopefully no trips for a while!

We took the new dog with us as it would have been the longest we left her home otherwise, she has tried to grab some things she shouldn't when we have been home, but has been good when we have been gone but this was going to be over 6 hours plus so...........

We will be making a vet appointment, she needs spaying and heartworm meds, but I think she is still older puppy? She is a great traveler, just crashes out in back like my Kai did.

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
The tarragon and mustard haddock yesterday was great. I didn't have hot cross buns but fancy making some today but no recipe, anyone?
Tried changing to Fiasp but no better than Novoslug so changing back because of the half units.
Hope you all have your thermals on for the lovely Easter weather