Dizziness

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So my husband is type 2 for around 13 years he’s been on insulin for over 2 years his hbac1 has always been over 80! But beginning of this year it’s down to 75 he was also told last year his BP was high so the GP upped his statin from 20mg to 40mg but today he fell over after getting up to answer the door he said he went dizzy! He then told me this has been going on for about a month never fallen before he’s agreed to see his GP Tuesday but anyone have any ideas why (he’s no pains anywhere)

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Statin is not for bp it’s for cholesterol so I assume you have another Ned for bo?

A sudden drop in bp can cause dizziness which is worse when on meds

One way is to get a home bp meter they are quite cheap so he can get an idea of how his body is doing…. It maybe he suffers white coat syndrome and gets higher bp at the doctors so doesn’t need treatment for that

I used to get the same when standing while on bp meds

But vertigo can do the same and apparently is more common with poorly controlled diabetes

I had it a bit last year and nearly fell a few times getting up or out of bed

Last edited:

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Statin is not for bp it’s for cholesterol so I assume you have another Ned for bo?

A sudden drop in bp can cause dizziness which is worse when on meds

One way is to get a home bp meter they are quite cheap so he can get an idea of how his body is doing…. It maybe he suffers white coat syndrome and gets higher bp at the doctors so doesn’t need treatment for that

I used to get the same when standing while on bp meds

But vertigo can do the same and apparently is more common with poorly controlled diabetes

I had it a bit last year and nearly fell a few times getting up or out of bed
Thank you for your reply he questioned about the statin but due to lockdown could on speak over phone to dr and he said he needs higher dose of statin for his high BP

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you for your reply he questioned about the statin but due to lockdown could on speak over phone to dr and he said he needs higher dose of statin for his high BP

Nope statin if for cholesterol

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
He’s got a headache now just tested his BG and it’s 8.1 which he’s not had for years

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
He’s got a headache now just tested his BG and it’s 8.1 which he’s not had for years

It could be lowering bg levels are causing it if the body isn’t used to it I had issues when first diagnosed

However he could be having hypos this will cause dizziness and headaches afterwards…. And bg can go high after one

Has he tested bg when dizzy??

Last edited:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So my husband is type 2 for around 13 years he’s been on insulin for over 2 years his hbac1 has always been over 80! But beginning of this year it’s down to 75 he was also told last year his BP was high so the GP upped his statin from 20mg to 40mg but today he fell over after getting up to answer the door he said he went dizzy! He then told me this has been going on for about a month never fallen before he’s agreed to see his GP Tuesday but anyone have any ideas why (he’s no pains anywhere)
What statin is he on?