What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, bacon and mushroom sandwich with mushrooms using SLC bread roll. Fibre one cookies and cream bar
Dinner, Lamb shank, carrots, peas, home made gravy, a few tiny roast potatoes. Strawberries, a spoonfull of Judes ice cream.
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, some Divine 95% chocolate

worked off potato carbs by painting rendering in back garden:happy:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Boot camp restarted today in the park so earned myself a bacon butty in SLC roll as a reward for getting myself down there after yesterday’s celebrations.
Dinner was chicken done on rotisserie in my new air fryer. I need a bit of practice at trussing the string came loose and it was all flopping around. I’ve ordered some of the elasticated butchers ties now. Kimchi and leafy salad with avocado with it, raspberries and cream after.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Triple decker toasted egg & rasher sandwich (45g carbs)
Lunch: Toasted special with crisps (54g carbs). BG 5.3 @ 1 hour
Dinner: Whatever herself brings home

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you make them? I've never had creamy garlic mushrooms but it sounds like something I want!
I make them by cooking mushrooms slowly in butter to which i add crushed garlic and any parlsey (if I have any). When they are cooked I stir through a glug or spoonful or 3 or 4 of cream. All depends on taste and what I have around .
Sometimes a splash of brandy or sherry lifts it to dinner party standards

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - greek yoghurt with mixed berries. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Large mushroom & onion omlette with a couple of chips. 1 DGF pecan butterscotch with double cream

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC raspberry and chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11 am cold lamb. Ff greek with chia seeds and blueberries
3pm 2 strawberries and 1 lc spice cake
6pm sharmara chicken with salad and a raita style dressing. Ff greek with 2 strawberries
I glass white wine

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I make them by cooking mushrooms slowly in butter to which i add crushed garlic and any parlsey (if I have any). When they are cooked I stir through a glug or spoonful or 3 or 4 of cream. All depends on taste and what I have around .
Sometimes a splash of brandy or sherry lifts it to dinner party standards
Thank you! Those are the kind of recipes I love, just a general idea :)
I've bought mushrooms, creme fraiche and cream cheese today in anticipation of your answer, so with the garlic I always have plenty of and the last leaves of parsley squeezed from a dying plant it looks like I'll have a perfect side dish tomorrow!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday bed 7.8 FBG also 7.8. A belated Happy Birthday @DJC3. Sounds like you had a lovely time.
Grandson is making good strides now I'm glad to say.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with butter.
L. Nothing.
D. 2 sea bass with chilli and lime on one of the ever present broccoli/cauliflower souffle things. Toasted SLC hot cross bun with butter.

Friday bed 7.2 FBG also 7.2.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Another TAG before a lot of running about.
D. 2 burgers on a SLC warm roll with emmental cheese slice, tomato, lettuce and mustard mayo. 2 squares 85%.

Despite being my first non school day it was busy. Had to get some shopping, take grandson friend back and forward (he had a broken ankle), visit brother (other niece arrived with her family) and deliver eggs. Brother is not doing well I'm afraid.

Reactions: DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My father's meatballs :hungry:
Well, not exactly of course, as he has been gone for 6 years already, but my replica's aren't bad at all!
Simple stringbeans with some butter and salt to go with the meatballs :)

168466063_10223224292269959_2160610718757950246_n.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you! Those are the kind of recipes I love, just a general idea :)
I've bought mushrooms, creme fraiche and cream cheese today in anticipation of your answer, so with the garlic I always have plenty of and the last leaves of parsley squeezed from a dying plant it looks like I'll have a perfect side dish tomorrow!
Yes cream cheese or creme fraiche will work as well as cream

Reactions: Antje77

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday bed 6.8 FBG 6.7. Managed another lie in until 8.50am. Decided to give myself a shake and make something nice tomorrow so I got a couple of lobsters! Thermidor tomorrow. Today though
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.
L. Nothing - doing the rounds of various supermarkets with son.
D. These beef wrap things stuffed with sliced peppers and onion and the spicy chilli sauce. Usual broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing. 2 squares 85%.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon eggs mushrooms and fried up leftover veggies for breakfast.
Some reheated leftover fish in a low carb wrap for lunch.
Rib fillet steak, fried onions and tomatoes for dinner.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, fried egg on SLC bread roll. Fibre one protein bar, mocha from coffee shop
Dinner, mozzerella, sundried tomato and salami salad. Strawberries and thick cream.
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, some Divine 95% chocolate.
Half a packet of beef hula hoops (my easter treat)

Happy Easter everyone!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry I am just seeing this! Very similar to @MrsA2 I fry mushrooms in some butter, garlic, onion granules and salt and pepper. Then add double cream and reduce to desired thickness. Sometimes I had some mustard!
No problem, I made something with the information I had and will have them with my evening meal. Pretty sure they'll turn out to be delicious!
Thanks in advance for the idea, I'm looking forward to my meal :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Such a lot to eat today but no point pretending it didn’t happen.
Brunch was steak ( fillet, left over from Birthday barbecue) with a fried duck egg.
Dinner slow roast boneless leg of lamb. Marinade of garlic, rosemary, anchovy fillets, lemon zest and olive oil. Green beans and toasted almonds. Cauli/ broccoli cheese. Cheeseboard afterwards ( lc seedy crackers with it) all local Cornish cheese. Champagne before dinner and red wine with it. Glorious but I’m dreading fbg tomorrow.
Forgot to add one of these Instant pot chocolate muffins https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/instant-pot-low-carb-chocolate-muffins/ been feeling a bit deprived of chocolate and other goodies recently so these were an attempt to solve the issue.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That lamb sounds delicious @DJC3

Chicken here today - skin on breasts cooked in the instant pot with lemon juice and zest, paprika, lemon pepper and chilli oil. Reduced the sauce down until it was almost syrup like. Very intense and a bit too spicy for me! Had some yoghurt to cool my mouth down afterwards. Dinner was leftover pork from yesterday, bacon and eggs and more yoghurt!

81A1F185-F4AB-4267-A8A3-D2DD94FD8715.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: chicken drum sticks, leafy salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.