Itchy feet

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Hi, I’m asking on behalf of my mum. She has really itchy feet at the moment none of the creams she has helps, prescribed or otherwise. Does anybody have any creams they could recommend? She is quite any itchy person and can sometimes scratch too much which will bruise and cut her skin. Thanks

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you think it's something like athlete's foot or diabetes.
Obviously the treatments will be different..

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
It’s not athletes foot but she is diabetic. She has times like this quite often when she gets very very itchy skin sometimes all over but at the moment it’s just her feet.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Hi, I’m asking on behalf of my mum. She has really itchy feet at the moment none of the creams she has helps, prescribed or otherwise. Does anybody have any creams they could recommend? She is quite any itchy person and can sometimes scratch too much which will bruise and cut her skin. Thanks

Itchy skin allegedly can be caused by fungus enjoying high BG levels for lunch.

However I have suffered from itchy skin and more or less tracked it down to the shower gel I was using.
I think it may have been drying the skin out.
I have also used Aveeno https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00402E942/ on my skin which did help a lot.
Other suppliers are available.

I now wash with soap https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BMR071W/ which seems to have cured the problem. Again other suppliers are available.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Thanks, my mum doesn’t have high blood sugar. I’m not sure what she uses in the shower but I would have thought if it was that she’d be itching everywhere. Unfortunately she’s tried Aveeno and also an Aveeno for itchy skin neither help!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, my mum doesn’t have high blood sugar. I’m not sure what she uses in the shower but I would have thought if it was that she’d be itching everywhere. Unfortunately she’s tried Aveeno and also an Aveeno for itchy skin neither help!

What do you define as "high blood sugar" though?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
What do you define as "high blood sugar" though?
Her readings are in the fives mainly so I don’t class that as a high blood sugar. What had that got to do with her having itching feet?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Nigh on a week ago, you said you were about to visit and establish what the last HBA1c numbers were for both your parents given issues with leg ulcers .....

What happened with that investigation?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Nigh on a week ago, you said you were about to visit and establish what the last HBA1c numbers were for both your parents given issues with leg ulcers .....

What happened with that investigation?
Neither can remember when they last had their hba1c done..

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
So on their behalf, you can't ask for the numbers?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
So on their behalf, you can't ask for the numbers?
When they check their blood sugar during the day they both get between 5-7. There’s nothing else I can tell you. This post was about my mums itchy feet.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When they check their blood sugar during the day they both get between 5-7. There’s nothing else I can tell you. This post was about my mums itchy feet.

Which can be a result of elevated blood sugars.. so now we know it's not..thanks.

So is the skin dry? Maybe she needs to visit the doc or a dermatologist?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Which can be a result of elevated blood sugars.. so now we know it's not..thanks.

So is the skin dry? Maybe she needs to visit the doc or a dermatologist?
She’s been to both and still nothing seems to work for her.