Low fat - might be working

SOTR

I have been using a Freestyle Libre2 for just over a month. My blood glucose is constantly just under 10 mmol/l which is in the target zone. However I am very worried still about it. I have been trying to keep to a low carb diet.
Today I have dipped to 7.5 which is going the right way!
I did take a gliclazide tablet earlier. Also have not been eating too much this weekend as I am under stress with a work project.

I suspect it is the eating less - I had cream and raspberries for breakfast, some slices of Edam cheese and some yumm home made coleslaw for lunch.

Your thoughts please? If I keep up the low carbing should this continue?
Not much effect on my weight - I have got slimmer but have put on maybe half a kilogramme.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting and low carb can definitely lower your blood glucose level.
Not sure about your title though?
Low fat what?

Reactions: DJC3

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Arrrgh - I meant a low carb diet.
Lol, that's easily done with titles! The main point is that your low-carb plan does look like it's working, so take encouragement and keep on going. 10 down to 7.5 is a great step in the right direction: well done!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Arrrgh - I meant a low carb diet.

Would you like the title changed, SOTR? I can never remember whether you’re able to do that yourself, but a moderator certainly can if you can’t - just let one of us know.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Low carb works. I've seen it in my own stats, and countless others here and other groups. The lower the better, although you might not need ultra-low to get sufficient results depending on how long and how severe your diabetes is.

Congrats on your good results. Believe in it, and stick to the plan.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree that low carb can absolutely work. You're going in the right direction which I always think is encouraging and why I find regular testing useful. It is so nice to see results so quickly.