Freestyle Libre2

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I am a new at this website.

I have an enquiry about freestyle 2 libre. Could you please tell me if I can buy the sensor itself without

the reader. So I try the sensor and activate it with my phone?

Thanks for time

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, you just down load the app, either the Libre link or one of the many other ones available, you phone does need an NFC though

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Hello,

I have an enquiry about freestyle 2 libre. Could you please tell me if I can buy the sensor itself without

Thanks for time

Hi @Yaya10_10
They are currently offering First libre2 sensor free as a trial if that helps?

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Thanks for time
Yes it is possible. Depending on eligibility, you could get one for free, providing you’ve purchased NOTHING from Abbott before and you follow T+Cs

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it is possible. Depending on eligibility, you could get one for free, providing you’ve purchased NOTHING from Abbott before and you follow T+Cs
But otherwise it’s £50

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I need to check if I can get one for free.
Yes £50 is a lot of money. I need to check with Abbott.

Thanks for your help.

KenBachelor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheese
I've been using the Libre2 for a while now, with a reader, but it keeps telling me that it's lost contact with the sensor.

Does anyone else have this problem?

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi KenBachelor

I had the same problem last week, eventually following a long discussion with Abbott they replaced the sensor. My sensor lost contact with the reader and my phone.

Good luck with this

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I'm having the same problems. First Libre 2 sensor and frequently not giving low alarm either.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I've been using the Libre2 for a while now, with a reader, but it keeps telling me that it's lost contact with the sensor.

Does anyone else have this problem?

My Libre 2 loses contact with my phone from time to time for no apparent reason.
Usually when the phone is in a breast pocket near the sensor.
However a scan will show that it is still working, and the alert clears after a short time.

Are you saying that the reader will not scan the sensor?

KenBachelor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheese
Thanks for the replies. So it's not just me.

I can scan the sensor, but Abbotts claim that the reader will maintain contact up to 20 meters, although mine often fails when it's in my pocket. Having said that, for me, it's the best thing to have happened in 64 years as a type 1 diabetic.

Last edited:

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am on Libre2 but I have discovered why you get out of range of the reader. If I leave the reader in another room I get this message. I usually keep Reader in my pocket and it isn’t a faulty Sensor.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As other people have posted, I find it loses connection a lot even when you're carrying it in your pocket, not just when you leave it in another room. It also happens when right next to me on my bed during the night, and then it won't scan for 10 minutes.

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I need to check if I can get one for free.
Yes £50 is a lot of money. I need to check with Abbott.

Thanks for your help.
If you have a Hobbs Pharmacy near you they sell them for £40. Do you qualify for VAT exemption? Definitely check this out.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For those getting signal loss - if you have a libre 2 I find the Diabox app far more consistent in staying connected to the sensor than the libre link app. Haven't tried connecting to the reader so can't comment on that.

I still need to activate sensors with the official Abbot app, but have deactivated bluetooth permissions in the libre link app (by withdrawing the app's permission to have access to my location). Once the sensor has been activated for about 12 hours I then connect it to my diabox app. This then gives more freedom I feel, syncing with the sensor to show my glucose values updated every minute on my phone, acting like a CGM with libre 2, and has a greater range of alarm options. I also found it keeps a more stable connection than the libre link app. I get my sensors on prescription so need to manually scan with the libre link app every 8 hours so my hospital team have access to my data (diabox can't sync because Abbott threatened legal action). There are good 'how to' guides on setting up diabox on here, but also on the diabox Facebook page if you want more info.

Ginny 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have just started with Libre2 . The first sensor failed after five days and the current one just alarmed me for a low but my finger prick was 6.6 . Not sure it is any better at this early stage. Ps: (my first ever post)

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
I never had any problems which the previous reader but the Libre 2 reader is not only slow, loses signal often and last night it completely failed to give hypo warnings although i was low for hours. Today it's working normal again. If it happens again i will ask Abbott for a replacement.

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never had any problems which the previous reader but the Libre 2 reader is not only slow, loses signal often and last night it completely failed to give hypo warnings although i was low for hours. Today it's working normal again. If it happens again i will ask Abbott for a replacement.