What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Hi Ian,
See if you can spot the volcanic eruption when you go over Iceland on the Great Circle.
I loved seeing Greenland, Baffin Island and N.W Territories. What a massive place Canada is.
The volcano has got very actice and put out considerable lava flows in last 24 hours.
D.
I'll keep an eye out because as you rightly say, the usual path is very north...

Hope all well with you...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Welcome to the topsy turvy world that is my schedule.

I'm now leaving Heathrow tomorrow on the 1150 to Paris, arriving just after 1400 local.
I depart Thursday to San Francisco and don't leave till the following Saturday. All confirmed in stone for me 5 minutes ago.
Love my job, really

Bonus - I get to stay in bed tomorrow a lot longer than I had thought, bad - I miss the biz jet coming home, but am on Air France. However, flying First Class both ways across the water...

I suppose there's positives somewhere- but there we go.

Pullman Hotel tomorrow night at CDG for me so at least not far to go to the terminal.

And now, I can collect my dinna and can have a cooked breakkie in my room tomorrow Yay!

Thankful I have a brill assistant who looks after my mental diary!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening Ian's and others ;)

4.6 today

second day of high winds and snow showers, it's flippin' cold here but it's forecast to get a bit warmer tomorrow thank goodness :) done nothing but stay in and keep warm today :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@BRSBRI - safe and pleasant journey :)

@Muddy Cyclist - love the minimal landscape especially like the way you've brought so much colour into the foreground (rigger ? :)) and the wash layer for the next picture is looking good.

Mrs MC deserves at least one hug a day after that start, second to a pile of computer discs, at least she ranked above the car ;)

@ianpspurs - love gooseberries, don't like the picking or the topping and tailing but the homemade gooseberry fool is worth the effort :) the gooseberries at Mum's are green ones but we have one bush of the red variety here :)

@gennepher - so much character and fun in that deceptively simple painting, I love it :happy:

@dunelm - lazy or not it's very effective art :)

@lindisfel - the new Iceland volcanic eruption makes for interesting observations doesn't it? I believe the people on the live feed chat call the first cones 'Bob' and the new fissure 'Flo' :hilarious: quite gentle (as volcanos go :D)

art bit - painted from a photo seen online

upload_2021-4-6_18-5-40.jpeg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

4.6 today

second day of high winds and snow showers, it's flippin' cold here but it's forecast to get a bit warmer tomorrow thank goodness :) done nothing but stay in and keep warm today :D

@Muddy Cyclist - love the minimal landscape especially like the way you've brought so much colour into the foreground (rigger ? :)) and the wash layer for the next picture is looking good.

Mrs MC deserves at least one hug a day after that start, second to a pile of computer discs, at least she ranked above the car ;)

@ianpspurs - love gooseberries, don't like the picking or the topping and tailing but the homemade gooseberry fool is worth the effort :) the gooseberries at Mum's are green ones but we have one bush of the red variety here :)

@gennepher - so much character and fun in that deceptively simple painting, I love it :happy:

@lindisfel - the new Iceland volcanic eruption makes for interesting observations doesn't it? I believe the people on the live feed chat call the first cones 'Bob' and the new fissure 'Flo' :hilarious: quite gentle (as volcanos go :D)

View attachment 48689
Great art. Reminds me of the Pierhouse in Port Appin where you park your car on the beach at the hotel...

Thanks for sharing!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 today

View attachment 48689
Thank you. Yes I do give Mrs MC more than one hug a day. I admit I was wrong but back in the late 1980s when accident occurred the data on those many discs amounted to big 6. Figure pounds and would have meant many hours work to recover and possibly rewrite. All was well in the end.

Yes rigger on that foreground of finished painting. Actually other than the sky all rigger.

Good watercolour from you and from an interesting angle. I like those sea colours and that dominating cliff. Then the less dominating cliff on the horizon adding good depth.

Reactions: dunelm and BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
@muddycyclist

1976 - the very first Apple product. I was 6 years old.

Techology sure has come a long way...
9c0c1d336d3611dc3555853d4dc7c104.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
@ianpspurs
@Cumberland

There we go. The team sweatshirt
BG before dinner was 5.4mmol and 2 hours after finishing 5.2mmol.

Given the stress and topsy turvy day, very pleased with that. Diabetes is such a mystery.

@gennepher I will do your FM stuff tomorrow from the hotel at Paris CDG airport. Sorry for the extended delay. My fault entirely.
m_IAN%20-%20Hoodies%20-%20Royal%20Blue%20-%207847.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
OMG. What a hassle. But in a good way. And I'm thankful for an amazing exec assistant. Been a long day for her too.

There's a plane leaving Luton airport mate tomorrow, a last minute empty leg has come up from a broker, so I'm being driven around the M25 up the M1 leaving here at 0630 for an airborne time of 0915 out of LTN. It's apparently a BBJ heading not to San Francisco but San José which is far more convenient and near Cupertino etc.

So I get there a day early and it's all been approved.

Still coming back on Air France it seems...

It's not normally this chaotic, but it's come close at times; once I left for 7 days and came back 5 weeks later...a loooong story.

With that, sleep after an interesting day will be soon, given I need to meet my driver at 0630!

Here's to a calm predictable flight tomorrow and a smashing day for all of you too

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Plum picking was perfect for UNI summers. Outdoor work, no travelling except by bike. Amazing tan by mid September. Only once picked pears - such an easy way to rack up money very quickly. In mid 70s £140 per week cash in hand was all good. I still have and wear the made to measure sheepskin coat I bought with some of the money the summer I turned 21 (and I was defo not overweight then) . Loved working with my grandfather who had planted some of the oldest trees and was delighted to volunteer me to pick the tops of the tallest trees in the area. "Don't worry, I know where there is a ladder big enough." Thanks granddad.
You have some wonderful memories there. £140 s week in the mid 70s was amazingly good and must have been really useful when you were back at UNI.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love gooseberries and really thick Greek yoghurt. It's lush with peanut butter dribbled over the top. Mind you, I'd even eat sausages and peanut butter if that was delivered to me!
Unfortunately I have had to ban peanut butter from.the house because of the rather alarming speed I consumed it. I haven't dared buy it again.

I shall probably dream of peanut butter tonight.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OMG. What a hassle. But in a good way. And I'm thankful for an amazing exec assistant. Been a long day for her too.

There's a plane leaving Luton airport mate tomorrow, a last minute empty leg has come up from a broker, so I'm being driven around the M25 up the M1 leaving here at 0630 for an airborne time of 0915 out of LTN. It's apparently a BBJ heading not to San Francisco but San José which is far more convenient and near Cupertino etc.

So I get there a day early and it's all been approved.

Still coming back on Air France it seems...

It's not normally this chaotic, but it's come close at times; once I left for 7 days and came back 5 weeks later...a loooong story.

With that, sleep after an interesting day will be soon, given I need to meet my driver at 0630!

Here's to a calm predictable flight tomorrow and a smashing day for all of you too

Blimey.

Sounds like a drastic change of plan to me..

There is a tune for every eventuality.. ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the snail compliment @dunelm

Your painting has a great sense of the distance of the water, and the lofty mountains at the back...
Thank you @gennepher - it contained rather more atop and you know when you pause and think to yourself, “hm! That doesn’t look as good as it did inside my head.” - So I cut a strip out of the middle - top bit this morning.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 today

View attachment 48689
Thank you @geefull, I shall stay lazy! Interesting painting from you today in fly over mode. Smashing sea colours fronting up that beach and then the cliffs and on into those clouds

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a red tinge in the sky start, here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of turmeric roasted cauliflower with dahl came in at 5.8 this am - shouldn’t have included that extract from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Lentils out then.

Freezing cold yesterday. Walked through the park and then into town to pick up some groceries. We decided to walk home via the sea front. Unfortunately we walked right into a very cold offshore wind, making it a bit of a trial to plough ahead and bitingly cold. I once took part in a sea assault practice on the island of Hoy from Scapa Flow - coming off a landing craft in those waters in early Spring - that sort of cold. We quickly crossed back into town and got in amongst the streets with the soundtrack from the film Four Weddings and a Funeral ringing in our ears - brrr!

Bin day today so I will be testing the temperature as I coax the recycling bin into it’s pre-allocated and socially distanced spot ready for the parade.
Picture today - the top bit from the one yesterday that just didn’t work so was cut off. I added a few trees and Mrs Miggins gave is a sigh of approval. H hope that everyone has a peasant Wednesday, I shall be turning the engine over on my bike and drinking koffy.

upload_2021-4-7_6-53-22.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.6 today

View attachment 48689
Thanks @geefull for the painting compliment
A beautiful sweeping painting, and a very inviting sea...