What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
sad to admit that it is in fact a HbA1c of 57, initially on 1000 kcals daily, and lost 34 kg, have gained it all back
Noooooo... not the amount, it’s rather the date! Unless I’ve slept through the year, we ain’t got to December.

Reactions: annabell1 and DJC3

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6, no idea where that came from. Must be a delayed reaction to falling off the wagon on Monday. (Probably doesnt work that way but hanging onto it anyway! :banghead:)

No matter, could be a lot worse! Just different to my usual, but all good, on we go forward!

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning all Fbg for me today 6.1. Have had a bumpy ride so far this year but am now back on line MG now in check my car is back on the road after having a slight altercation with the rear end of a lorry whilst trying to break unsuccessfully on snow and ice first week of January blood sugars all over the place. since vaccination jab.

Hope you are all well.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 Which is fine but I secretly hoped for lower after a brutal weights session with PT yesterday. I ache everywhere now.
Hugs @Andydragon and @Estragon -diabetes delights in sending us these curve balls at times it seems. Hang in there, you too @CotswoldsBloke :great FBG.
@nutribolt also great FBG are you fasting atm?
@PenguinMum good to see you going in the right direction.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all Fbg for me today 6.1. Have had a bumpy ride so far this year but am now back on line MG now in check my car is back on the road after having a slight altercation with the rear end of a lorry whilst trying to break unsuccessfully on snow and ice first week of January blood sugars all over the place. since vaccination jab.

Hope you are all well.
nice to see you back johnEGreen x

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back @JohnEGreen Hug for the low @Chriztopher and the highs @Estragon and @Freema. Hope the muscles ease @DJC3 - I need some of that, very jealous; home gym still a warehouse and no 2nd jab yet so I'm laying low. I'm sure the weight loss stall is temporary @CotswoldsBloke. @Andydragon I find a delay of a day in some effects on markers - weight moreso than bg but both. Fbg a sub-optimal 5.1 via Swipey but other markers good - score draw. @hankjam I hope you get to see Dr today.

Last edited: