Checking the sugar without scanning the libre sensor?

Deppy Yo

Hi all,

This is the forum I was looking for during the past months and I really feel like describing my experience. I am 24 and I was living abroad. The COVID situation brought me back to Greece in October. During my birthday I was discussing with my brother who is diabetic type 1 for many years, talking about how difficult it is to monitor his sugar and keep it as much stable as possible. He proposed to check my blood - for fun!!! - and my sugar was 315... boooom......(nice present huh?)

He told me welcome to the club. I didn't have any symptoms and my Hba1c was 8 after blood examinations. I was crying for over a month. 5 months later... I am trying to be positive, happy, but the whole thing worries me a lot. Constantly trying to find the best ways to deal with it, bought a freestyle libre sensor and today got fitbit versa 2 wearable hoping that I can get the numbers without even scanning the sensor but no success. If anyone knows how to connect these two I would be greatful.

Best wishes to all of you, we are warriors!!

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, hope you're well, to help people answer, could you give a little more information? Has a doctor confirmed diagnosis? If so, what type of diabetes do you have? Also which libre sensor, as they work slightly differently.

The libre 1 needs scanning via nfc to transfer data. Some buy bluetooth transmitters which sit over the libre 1 sensor and can transmit to a phone or watch.

The libre 2 sesnors have bluetooth so can transmit directly, but my understanding is that you need a third party app to be able to transmit to a watch. Libre link app won't do this. I don't have a smart watch so can't help much, but can see people have done this with the Diabox app for example. They have an active Facebook group where you can search and might find more help.

35yearsofType1

Hi all,

This is the forum I was looking for during the past months and I really feel like describing my experience. I am 24 and I was living abroad. The COVID situation brought me back to Greece in October. During my birthday I was discussing with my brother who is diabetic type 1 for many years, talking about how difficult it is to monitor his sugar and keep it as much stable as possible. He proposed to check my blood - for fun!!! - and my sugar was 315... boooom......(nice present huh?)

He told me welcome to the club. I didn't have any symptoms and my Hba1c was 8 after blood examinations. I was crying for over a month. 5 months later... I am trying to be positive, happy, but the whole thing worries me a lot. Constantly trying to find the best ways to deal with it, bought a freestyle libre sensor and today got fitbit versa 2 wearable hoping that I can get the numbers without even scanning the sensor but no success. If anyone knows how to connect these two I would be greatful.

Best wishes to all of you, we are warriors!!

Hi I have a Fitbit versa 2 and I bought a MiaoMiao which transmits the data from the libre to an app which will then display it on your watch. There are other transmitters such as bubble.

There are different apps you can use Tomato is made by the people who make MiaoMiao. I currently use a different app as in the uk I will be receiving Libre2 and with xDrip4iOS it will receive the data straight from the libre 2 abs I won’t need my MiaoMiao anymore

Deppy Yo

Thank you both for reverting! You have been of great help.

I have type 1 and only libre 1 is available in Greece. After some research last night I found what you are telling me above. I have checked the differences between the transmitters Miao Miao 2, Bubble and Nightrider and I understood that the Miaomiao is the most reliable. So, I think I will be buying this soon. Can't wait to receive the Libre 2 in Greece to receive the data straight to the Versa 2! :happy: