What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone.

FBG was a whopper of 6.4 due to stress I'm pretty certain and the topsy turvy day of Tuesday..

Breakfast was only coffee and I left Heathrow at 0615 bound for deepest Bedfordshire. Traffic was fine all the way to Luton.

Already airborne - they were ready, so was I , so we left early. Thanks to my amazing assistant for sorting it all out without whom it'd be even more chaos. The trade off is working all the way there in between meals.

Estimating 9 hours 10 mins to go, a morning arrival the other end.

Breakfast was eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and more great coffee and I'm settling down to work and prep now.

A brunch will be served 90 mins out: selected steak and mushrooms, a salad, berries and Greek yoghurt.

Routing has taken us over Scotland (hello homeland), then Greenland, Northern Canada in that Great Circle before heading down over Washington, Oregon and into Northern California. We're scheduled to pass over the San Francisco and the Bay in the descent to San Jose, landing late morning.

No booze for me as after formalities, I jump into my rental car and drive to the office for social distanced design meetings and my rescheduled annual performance review. Wish me luck!

Tomorrow is 6am till 8pm meetings and reviews now - given my early arrival, Friday the same and Saturday the only day off I'll have till I head home on Air France.

Will chime in later.

Good day to all!

Wishing you luck, I'm sure all will be perfect.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Second Jab Done and dusted, I think they are useing blunt needles, ouch, didn't expect the sting. :)

Reactions: BRSBRI

lindisfel

Expert
Morning everyone.

FBG was a whopper of 6.4 due to stress I'm pretty certain and the topsy turvy day of Tuesday..

Breakfast was only coffee and I left Heathrow at 0615 bound for deepest Bedfordshire. Traffic was fine all the way to Luton.

Already airborne - they were ready, so was I , so we left early. Thanks to my amazing assistant for sorting it all out without whom it'd be even more chaos. The trade off is working all the way there in between meals.

Breakfast was eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and more great coffee and I'm settling down to work and prep now.

A brunch will be served 90 mins out: selected steak and mushrooms, a salad, berries and Greek yoghurt.

Routing has taken us over Scotland (hello homeland), then Greenland, Northern Canada in that Great Circle before heading down over Washington, Oregon and into Northern California. We're scheduled to pass over the San Francisco and the Bay in the descent to San Jose, landing late morning.

No booze for me as after formalities, I jump into my rental car and drive to the office for social distanced design meetings and my rescheduled annual performance review. Wish me luck!

Tomorrow is 6am till 8pm meetings and reviews now - given my early arrival, Friday the same and Saturday the only day off I'll have till I head home on Air France.

Will chime in later.

Good day to all!

San Jose I remember passing going on an hairy busy two lane dual carriageway driving over the coastal mountains in an evening to Santa Cruz to sea watch from their boardwalk.
Amazing sight of what one could say was a 'river' of Sooty Shearwaters going past.
I made my course, work for me and I still had loads of energy in my mid fifties.

All over there were signs of the earthquake a few years before and they were putting the Varian building roof on rollers.
D.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Morning everyone.

Will chime in later.

Good day to all!
Just you be careful and avoid jumping up and down on that San Andreas thingy.

lindisfel

Expert
Were in a fix and no mistake. That ***** in Brazil is brewing up new variants all the time because he doesnt see the problem.

We need a moonshot that will deliver a bullet to hit any arising black death he produces.
He already wants to burn the Amazon and will succeed if not stopped.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ian,
Thank your parents for their wisdom, if you had be born in Australia you would have been called Bruce!
D.
Monty P sketch should be rewritten. I''m Ian and this is ........ Would simplify things for Newbies:angelic: Now you've done it, simplification - wasted hours of my life when I could have been in the nets:arghh:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aren't people with medical needs excused strict fasting? Your concern echoes an idea I had about work and T2 management in general. I would never have managed this while working. Massive respect to all those who pull that off even without the complications of shifts and COVID.
Yes they are exempt from religious fasting.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone.

Will chime in later.

Good day to all!
Good luck with the review - I am sure you will nail it - busy busy man!

Reactions: dunelm and BRSBRI

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First in my minimal Spring Woodland watercolours completed. This was inspired by the warm sunny Mountain Bike rides week ago on the wild trails through dense Woodland.

A4 watercolour...
IMG_4743.JPG

The blue/purple at bottom right is actually darker than my Blackberry Camera Phone shows it.

I have ideas for a couple of more on Woodland scenes.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good morning all! Or evening everyone!

Here's Greenland from me snapping a shot above the captain's chair and a spectacular view of Mount Rainier in Washington state as we passed by. 40/45 minutes now from San Jose, and hoping for a super shot of beautiful San Francisco as our flight plan takes us right over the city. We will also descend over my office in silicon valley, so hopefully I will grab that too and see how the new software performs.

We've made very good time. Brunch was cleared away and they've given me 2 ½ bottles of champagne as I can't drink and then hop into my Avis rental. Customs and immigration clearance will take 5 minutes I'm told - working for the bunch I do helps apparently!

Packed all my tech away after constant conference and video calls with planning spreadsheets doing my nut in! I can now catch up here!

Hope everyone is abfab Let's take a gander at the posts...
greenland.jpg
rainier.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
First in my minimal Spring Woodland watercolours completed. This was inspired by the warm sunny Mountain Bike rides week ago on the wild trails through dense Woodland.

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 48733
The blue/purple at bottom right is actually darker than my Blackberry Camera Phone shows it.

Spectacular

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
5.6 for me today :)

Interview went well yesterday I think - they still have more to see today and tomorrow ...
Yay! I've everything crossed. Even my eyes. It's a good look too I'm told.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 48733

Did I hear RIM? ;)

Reactions: gennepher

lindisfel

Expert
The very first computers I worked on in 1976 was this Olivetti, programs written onto 256 byte mag cards and a massive machine memory of 2k bytes, could not afford to be wasteful with your programming. :) Actions taken by operators were guided by Turing on combination of lights, data for Stock Lines, Accounts, Employees was all stored on the 256 byte mag cards, many a large business did very well useing these machines.

View attachment 48723

Sounds like trip is improving even if chaotic.
And I thought I was a pathfinder when I got one of the first BBC micro model A's!
D.