Type 2 Low carb breakfast ideas

Cookie8

Hi, I’m really struggling with low carb breakfasts, I’ve always liked toast or a muffin or crumpet but since being diagnosed type 2 I have been having natural Greek yoghurt with some strawberries or raspberries or scrambled/boiled egg with bacon , sometimes still have 1 slice of toast with the egg.
Please can anyone help?

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello :) Maybe something like an omelette with different fillings - or something different such as a chia pudding (there's a BBC good food recipe for this if you google it!)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Cookie8

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cold Meat & Cheese (German style without the bread) last nights left overs, Bullet proof Coffee, nothing, ditch the carbs homemade granola, eggs in any style (alternative for "solders" cheese) Kippers, anything you fancy basically, it's only modern western tradition that says you have to have a specific meal to break your overnight fast

Cookie8

Cold Meat & Cheese (German style without the bread) last nights left overs, Bullet proof Coffee, nothing, ditch the carbs homemade granola, eggs in any style (alternative for "solders" cheese) Kippers, anything you fancy basically, it's only modern western tradition that says you have to have a specific meal to break your overnight fast

Didn’t think about having cold meat, thanks, could have boiled egg with it as well. Homemade granola sounds nice. Thankyou

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, I haven’t tried Chia before, what does it taste like? I’ve had a look at the recipe, it sounds good. Thankyou
It actually doesn't taste of much but you end up tasting the stuff you mix it with - it has an interesting texture though and is amazing to watch how it soaks up whatever you mix it with and softens! Hope you enjoy :)