Unusual sources of sugar lead item

biggles36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am confused. One of the paragraphs in the article seems to suggest that it is a good thing to prevent the emergence of glucagon between the hours of 02.00 and 08.00. From several weight loss books I have read that glucagon is the opposite to insulin in that insulin puts any excess sugar into the body's cells as fat for energy storage. In the period from 2 till 8 the body has fully digested all the food in the stomach and yet it still needs to access energy to power the systems such as brain, heart, digestive etc. It therefore has to get that energy by getting some fat back out of the cells and to do this it uses glucagon which will only operate when insulin is not present. If you want to lose weight and come out of suffering from type 2 then you have got to get that fat out of the cells, so why should we prevent the presence of glucagon?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Might help if you could tell us where the article you refer to might be found.
Once you have made a few more posts your ability to post a link will be enabled but in the interim..

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Problem with the report.
"However, in people who have type 2 diabetes, this process does not work as it should, and high glucose levels stop glucagon from being released."
This should surely read "high glucose levels do not stop glucagon from being released.".
This probably explains both my extended dawn phenomenon and the high glucose levels when exercising in the morning.
Glucagon dumping glucose into the blood stream when BG already high.
So not just the beta cells causing problems.