What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@lindisfel - this is the road you're talking about? The actual white knuckle Highway 101...in an unfamiliar car, it was "interesting"

@dunelm @jjraak my new boss leaving the garage - I think the car is not very planet friendly

@muddycyclist - you'd like this hotel...help yourself apparently, but return...

the dark walk to the hotel. It was a very long day

Dinner photo

Where meetings will be all day

I try to read as many posts as I can between now and 1000 when they arrive...

Hope all well!

View attachment 48771View attachment 48772View attachment 48773View attachment 48774View attachment 48776View attachment 48777
Fantastic!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher You are right when you say that you can't really blame the average diabetic patient for following the 'official' advice - especially when they are given such bad advice in such appallingly rude and unprofessional way. You definitely could have reported him for misconduct.

I wonder if we are the ultimate nightmare patient for a health professional who has not kept up with the current research. Both Mr K and I have the honour of also being virtually chucked out by another Consultant just because Mr K mentioned some new research. At least she wasn't rude but she virtually threw us out of the door.
I agree, I think we are the 'ultimate nightmare patient for a health professional who has not kept up with latest research.'

I am always polite with health professionals, but I will say my point of view and stance (in a non confrontational way), if whatever they advise/suggest goes totally against what I am prepared to do, for whatever reason. I would like a reasoned discussion with them, but many are far too arrogant to even consider anything different from their own fixed and immovable point of view.

Yet, we are advised, in literature I have received and brochures, to take charge of our own healthcare, and to make suggestions et cetera. I did read a Reader's Digest article about 15 years ago, which told you or rather explained to you as a patient how to approach arrogant doctors, in a way that they made the suggestion that you had just made because they thought it came from them not from you, and it went down much better. It was a game of words.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have not one ounce of drawing or painting skills at this end of a long exhausting, tiring day. Even my iPad is acting exhausted...refusing to behave...

I just need sleep...

The cat is asleep in cloud 9 on my lap...and I would join him...but I cannot find a lap...

FB7ED5A6-53F4-4E45-A4D4-79FC1E03212C.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The next in my series of minimal spring Woodland watercolours. The tree will rise a Silver Birch and the orange is Masking fluid which will be removed once the background is complete. This is at the second wash of colour stage.

A4 watercolour...
IMG_4754.JPG

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not one ounce of drawing or painting skills at this end of a long exhausting, tiring day. Even my iPad is acting exhausted...refusing to behave...

I just need sleep...

The cat is asleep in cloud 9 on my lap...and I would join him...but I cannot find a lap...

View attachment 48779
Tired and exhausted but the artist in you still gets out, well done. Hope you find the sandyman soon and awake refreshed.

Reactions: BRSBRI

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree, I think we are the 'ultimate nightmare patient for a health professional who has not kept up with latest research.'

I am always polite with health professionals, but I will say my point of view and stance (in a non confrontational way), if whatever they advise/suggest goes totally against what I am prepared to do, for whatever reason. I would like a reasoned discussion with them, but many are far too arrogant to even consider anything different from their own fixed and immovable point of view.

Yet, we are advised, in literature I have received and brochures, to take charge of our own healthcare, and to make suggestions et cetera. I did read a Reader's Digest article about 15 years ago, which told you or rather explained to you as a patient how to approach arrogant doctors, in a way that they made the suggestion that you had just made because they thought it came from them not from you, and it went down much better. It was a game of words.
Perhaps we should wear it as a badge of honour. I am also very polite and non-confrontational - just as you are. I wonder if it is that which makes them so annoyed.
Very interesting that using the Reader's digest advice on how to approach arrogant doctors went down much better.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone.
My FBG an hour or so ago was a rubbish 7.3mmol - stress induced I'm sure.

I have been confirmed after my performance review (which lasted 2 hours and 45 minutes in the end) as now running 2 groups totalling 320 folks, with 40 more to bring on board and 10 direct reports. It's a huge responsibility which has sent my blood sugar haywire.

After taking my new more senior boss to pick up his car - see the photo - his share options have been good I think (!) I went back to work, got to the hotel (not an apartment as I had thought) at 9pm, ordered scallops and a glass of wine which arrived 10 minutes after ordering. At 1am I was awoken to deal with a conference call on the other side of the world.

17c in the valley, so my new team and I are assembling outside on the roof of the hotel for an outside meeting for 3 hours then 1 on 1s for the rest of the day till nightfall.

Tomorrow, design meetings till 4pm and Friday evening off.

Oh mobile ringing....photos to follow.
Hope all well with all.
A really brilliant day - although super stressful. Not surprising that your blood sugars were higher than they usually are. Hope you get a chance to relax.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
A really brilliant day - although super stressful. Not surprising that your blood sugars were higher than they usually are. Hope you get a chance to relax.
Got 10 mins...lunch break. Thank you...BG before lunch was 6.7 , normally in the 5s
It'll settle down...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Perhaps we should wear it as a badge of honour. I am also very polite and non-confrontational - just as you are. I wonder if it is that which makes them so annoyed.
Very interesting that using the Reader's digest advice on how to approach arrogant doctors went down much better.
It's a well tried management technique - give someone else perceived credit; brownie points follow for both. It works

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
The next in my series of minimal spring Woodland watercolours. The tree will rise a Silver Birch and the orange is Masking fluid which will be removed once the background is complete. This is at the second wash of colour stage.

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 48780
Delish. Love it.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
good morning everyone on a morning of mystery and anticipation here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of home made burger with a cauliflower and parmesan colcannon came in at 4.7 this am. (Blimey - just typed that without looking. Only one transposition and no keys locking - oh, that’s a four banked Imperial).

A new TV - or is it now an entertainment station or something - whatever, all this new fandangled electronic super smart tech takes forever to set up and even needs your mobile number so that it can send you codes and then you have to have your brain scanned and your eyeballs engraved with mystic symbols before answering the riddle of the Sphinx, ticking the squares containing traffic lights and swearing that you are in fact not related to Deep Blue.

Yesterday I was playing about with marbling on rice paper using ink -Mrs Miggins was not impressed with the kitchen sink but hey, that’s what bleach is for. Anyhow, some worked, some didn’t and some worked and then Mr Sausage fingers ruined them. Never mind. This one didn’t come out very well at all but I used the sooty smudge to do a quick (don’t think about the brush strokes) pair of wading birds. Hope that everyone has a most pleasant Thursday - I am now slurping koffy.

View attachment 48753
WHAAAL!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Hi,

I have to admit, some pretty impressive photos from your device.
Just a little disapointed we don't see you photo bombing/selfie style "suited & booted?" :cool:
(Unless it is more smart casual at Apple.)
Hope your appraisal went well.. :)
Hey

Couple reasons- not really supposed to take unauthorised photos in Campus and I've said a couple of things here which corporate comms might get antsy on. Now my review is outta way I might boatrace it ;)

Casual - polo shirt, jeans and Lacoste running shoes.

More formally later - string vest with corporate logo, false ponytail, shorts, and knee length socks with plastic open toed sandals. Don't forget being unshaven. The corporate mover and shaker look

Last time I wore a suit was at the UK Parliament. The tie made me feel dizzy...

Hope all's well

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Goodnight everyone!
Enjoy a good sleep.

Working till 2000 then dinner right after.
0600 conference call tomorrow working till 1600ish. Then time to explore.
Lunch is over . . . And time to present...As Chris Witty says "First slide please" lol! (Except it's all on our respective iPads)

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I see faces in all kinds of inanimate things @dunelm
Especially on the tiles in the bathroom...

You know there's a name for this? It's called Pareidolia. For me it happens more with natural things like trees and clouds, but yes, my old bathroom tiles were a constant source of amusement.