What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
0515 and awake. FBG is 7.0mmol, not surprised I have to say. Not very much sleep.

Awoke to the news Prince Phillip has passed; wishing him a safe journey on. In 1997, I was funnily enough in San Francisco when Diana died, just a bit of deja vu.

0600 breakfast call. Getting ready for that shortly.

Boss emailed last night which I missed, " You've been working all hours. Take tomorrow afternoon off, chill. Enjoy Saturday, see you Sunday at 1030." Not going to say no...

Will pop into Palo Alto and have an early night as I'm heading out in the car to San Francisco. @jjraak it's a Mustang rental, btw.

Coffee machine on, smell of the brew is nice. Breakkie will be here at 0600 - eggs over easy, bacon, mushrooms, spinach, Greek yoghurt with berries all selected...and a fresh pot of caffeine!

Showering is complete. I feel semi human.

Why dont you have a full stack of those pancakes covered in that sticky Maple
syrup as a side? ;)
That would test ones blood sugar response!
D.

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Why dont you have a full stack of those pancakes covered in that sticky Maple
surup as a side? ;)
That would test ones blood sugar response!
D.
I've seen Americans demolish a full stack, bacon, sausage and a blob of full cream butter mixed in with maple syrup and berries. Welcome to diabetes heaven...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Hi Ian,
I dont like way they dont even let large steaks smell the grill, they expect you to eat them raw.
D.
I hear you. Wipe its back side, tear off the horns and stop it mooing by biting into it.
Seems to be the way. Oh, and serve it all up with lobster Mac and cheese for extra calories to line the arteries with aplomb.

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
It's 0735 PDT. First 2 calls are done. The trickiest one is nigh to MrsBRS in north east Somerset. My trip back home has been turned on its head. I leave here as planned next week, but heading to a critical meeting on the east coast first. Then from there to Israel for 2/3 nights and finally home to UK and Bath. Just been briefed. More coffee puhlease!

My new existence means the travel is ramping. I still however intend to minimise it for the planet's sake as well my own!

Meeting a colleague soon - and I'll share where we're going for a key session later ;)
After that a design meeting till 1-ish then that's me till Sunday at 1030 with a full day through to 2000.

Hope Friday's been kind to you all

lindisfel

Expert
I've seen Americans demolish a full stack, bacon, sausage and a blob of full cream butter mixed in with maple syrup and berries. Welcome to diabetes heaven...
I couldn't understand how when the British went to Disneyworld they stayed in an English hotel. I found it very novel having eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns grits, pancakes etc etc all on the same plate.
I liked the culture change and the incredibly large and cheap breakfasts at Denny's where the waitresses worked very hard for a tip. Marjorie found the food too much, I loved all that food then.
I enjoyed the all you can eat in Sizzlers at night, but my tastes have changed now and my appetite.
D.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Todays quote
FB_IMG_1617964987039.jpg

lindisfel

Expert
Chicken in garden again eating my birdseed.
I chased it with a yard brush, overbalanced, fell over and grazed my elbow on a drystone wall.
But it got the message ok and found its way back to its free range.
Silly old man!
D.

Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Just been driven to my meeting.
Socially distanced and masked up outside for 60 minutes...

And yes, we do talk and even cooperate. A bit like co-opetition I guess ;)
goog.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's 0735 PDT. First 2 calls are done. The trickiest one is nigh to MrsBRS in north east Somerset. My trip back home has been turned on its head. I leave here as planned next week, but heading to a critical meeting on the east coast first. Then from there to Israel for 2/3 nights and finally home to UK and Bath. Just been briefed. More coffee puhlease!

My new existence means the travel is ramping. I still however intend to minimise it for the planet's sake as well my own!

Meeting a colleague soon - and I'll share where we're going for a key session later ;)
After that a design meeting till 1-ish then that's me till Sunday at 1030 with a full day through to 2000.

Hope Friday's been kind to you all
Congratulations on your new position with Apple, fabulous. Your life sure is getting more exciting. Enjoy, conquer and be amazing but as my old mum used to say, "Remember to smell the roses along the way."

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Next watercolour in Minimal Spring Woodland completed, well I might add some foreground detail when it's dry.

A4 Watercolour, inspired by riding along Mountain Bike trails on Cannock Chase.

IMG_4756.JPG

Now a dinner of Baked Salmon and stirfryed greens awaits, and a glass or three of red wine, it is Friday. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Next watercolour in Minimal Spring Woodland completed, well I might add some foreground detail when it's dry.

A4 Watercolour, inspired by riding along Mountain Bike trails on Cannock Chase.

View attachment 48795
Now a dinner of Baked Salmon and stirfryed greens awaits, and a glass or three of red wine, it is Friday. :)
I like this very much @Muddy Cyclist
A beautiful silver birch tree, and copse of silver birches...

Reactions: geefull and BRSBRI