What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Next watercolour in Minimal Spring Woodland completed, well I might add some foreground detail when it's dry.

A4 Watercolour, inspired by riding along Mountain Bike trails on Cannock Chase.

View attachment 48795
Now a dinner of Baked Salmon and stirfryed greens awaits, and a glass or three of red wine, it is Friday. :)
Fab.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Congratulations on your new position with Apple, fabulous. Your life sure is getting more exciting. Enjoy, conquer and be amazing but as my old mum used to say, "Remember to smell the roses along the way."
Thank you v much. Midday here and one last meeting before I can do exactly what your great mum advised...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Chicken in garden again eating my birdseed.
I chased it with a yard brush, overbalanced, fell over and grazed my elbow on a drystone wall.
But it got the message ok and found its way back to its free range.
Silly old man!
D.
Glad you're ok. Next time, have the soup pot ready !

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I couldn't understand how when the British went to Disneyworld they stayed in an English hotel. I found it very novel having eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns grits, pancakes etc etc all on the same plate.
I liked the culture change and the incredibly large and cheap breakfasts at my tastes have changed now and my appetite.
D.
Sounds good! Red Lobster my fave chain. If you ever happen by Atlanta, South City Kitchen - super comfort food..

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Some of you might recall weeks ago one of my original team was admitted to hospital due to very serious Coronavirus complications.

I've just met her. She is suffering still but on a long slow healing process and I've told her not to worry - her job is still here and we will welcome her back with open arms but only when she's ready.

She's now one of us it turns out - Type 2 in fact, a side effect of catching this most dreadful disease.

A good news story in that she is getting better each and every day.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Just been driven past this - once a leading light, now along with AOL a monetary worthless division of telecom provider Verizon.

Shame. Silicon Valley is littered with similar stories as the relentless march for tech excellence, innovation and relevancy can be fickle and rather too temporary.
yahoo.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of you might recall weeks ago one of my original team was admitted to hospital due to very serious Coronavirus complications.

I've just met her. She is suffering still but on a long slow healing process and I've told her not to worry - her job is still here and we will welcome her back with open arms but only when she's ready.

She's now one of us it turns out - Type 2 in fact, a side effect of catching this most dreadful disease.

A good news story in that she is getting better each and every day.
Good news indeed. Shame about the T2 though.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.9 today

another very cold, windy and snow showery day we did manage a walk round the village after we came back from Mum's :) wrapped up in lots of layers :hilarious:

Lovely clouds today and spectacular looking discrete snow showers against the blue sky over the firth :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - two stonking good pictures from yourself, I like the pair of birds very much and your gentle marbleing makes for a fine background. The more prominent marbleing is lovely, quite Art Nouveau sinuous smoky :)

@BRSBRI - glad your review went well :)

@Mrs T 123 - congrats on getting through to the second interview :)

@Muddy Cyclist - my compliments to mrs MC, a fine job there. My mum made my sister and I each a rag doll pyjama case when we were girls too, they had a loop behind the head to hang on the bedroom door with your 'jamies' inside :)
Looks like another fine MC ride ;) and I'm liking the silver birch painting very much, such light filtering through the branches :joyful:

@gennepher - a fine picture of Popeye, and your colourful bouquet has turned out very well, so hugs for the neighbour but gold stars for the art :)

art bit - I'm trying to improve my sketching of people and buildings, neither of those are subjects I'm very comfortable with drawing, these are a few small biro sketches I did from a travel video of Venice on Youtube

upload_2021-4-9_21-23-31.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

My hands are still tired today.

I had the gas boiler service repair man yesterday.
The boiler cupboard had to be cleared out of a lot of very heavy stuff so the gas man could access it. I had nowhere to put it so it ended up outside on my large wooden swing.
This knackered my hands.

The The British Gas app and their software was also knackered. Wouldn't let me in saying my password was invalid. Then it wouldn't let me ask to put in a new one, and locked me out. And their no reply texts as well were knackered. It kept sending me hourly reports that the gas man was on his way, but this continued well after the gas boiler man had been and gone.Finally at 6 pm the British Gas texts said "We are very sorry but but the gas service man cannot make it today" ?!?!?

Who serviced my boiler?

Then there is a twist to this tale.

The black wheelie rubbish van came and emptied our wheelies while the gas man was here. They placed a black wheelie outside my bungalow. Then suddenly there were huge gusts of winds, and the black wheelie went head over heels to freedom down the road. Oh no. So, I told the gas man who had his head in my boiler that I was going to rescue the wheelie. I manage to grab the wheelie. But the gas service man came out of my house at that point and lowered his mask so I could lipread, and said he was done and I would get a report in the post from British Gas. Jumped in his van and left. And I am thinking but he hasn't done this and that, what they normally do for the service, and he has been here less than 20 minutes. And then I thought OMG I have left him unattended in my bungalow (I never do that). So I checked credit cards and my devices and everything seems present and correct.
But that is not the end of the story.

As I said above, British Gas kept sending me no reply texts for the next 6 hours that my gas service engineer was still on his way and would be with me soon, and finally the last text was around 6pm saying they were sorry but he could not make it today!?!

So that was me very anxious.

Then I could see someone banging on my door (I cannot hear anyone banging anyway). I don't answer strangers at my door, but they were insistent.

So I went to the side gate, and it was the wife of my horrid neighbour next door (she is not nice either). "You've got my wheelie" she said crossly. So, I am puzzled. Go and find the wheelie I brought in, and she is right. It is not my wheelie.
So, I bring it back out, and explain to her, the bin men left it outside my gate, and I had seen the huge gusts of wind blow it away immediately the bin men left, so I had gone racing down the road after it, and brought it in. Stony face looks at me, "You've got my wheelie" she demands again. (Oh for crying out loud, a thankyou would've been nice, after all I did rescue her wheelie from sudden death from passing lorries on the main road.) She didn't believe my story and thought I had stolen her wheelie. She wouldn't give me my wheelie until she had her wheelie in her grasping hands.

I came in, made a cuppa, and collapsed on the couch...

This morning my hands are still very tired. This is best I can do.
A bunch of digital flowers painted in Procreate...

View attachment 48786

Heck of a day @gennepher

And your neighbour doesn't sound like the best

Hoping for a less traumatic day tomorrow. for you

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just been driven past this - once a leading light, now along with AOL a monetary worthless division of telecom provider Verizon.

Shame. Silicon Valley is littered with similar stories as the relentless march for tech excellence, innovation and relevancy can be fickle and rather too temporary. View attachment 48799

Now this is a "photo opportunity."

Yer in the passenger seat.. Where is the thumbs up & the smile...? :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.9 today

another very cold, windy and snow showery day we did manage a walk round the village after we came back from Mum's :) wrapped up in lots of layers :hilarious:

Lovely clouds today and spectacular looking discrete snow showers against the blue sky over the firth :)

@dunelm - two stonking good pictures from yourself, I like the pair of birds very much and your gentle marbleing makes for a fine background. The more prominent marbleing is lovely, quite Art Nouveau sinuous smoky :)

@Muddy Cyclist - my compliments to mrs MC, a fine job there. My mum made my sister and I each a rag doll pyjama case when we were girls too, they had a loop behind the head to hang on the bedroom door with your 'jamies' inside :)
Looks like another fine MC ride ;) and I'm liking the silver birch painting very much, such light filtering through the branches :joyful:

@gennepher - a fine picture of Popeye, and your colourful bouquet has turned out very well, so hugs for the neighbour but gold stars for the art :)

art bit - I'm trying to improve my sketching of people and buildings, neither of those are subjects I'm very comfortable with drawing, these are a few small biro sketches I did from a travel video of Venice on Youtube

View attachment 48800
Thank you for art and Rag doll appreciation. Loop on back, now that's an idea that Mets MC did not think about.

Good that you are attempting some sketching of subjects you find a challenge, these are good with some fine and intelligent lines put on the paper.

I find buildings a challenge, must take a leaf out of your book and have ago.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Really good news about the interviews. I am not surprised that filling in the application form took so long. I know that filling forms in on the computer and sending them back via email is an environmentally friendly way to do things but sometimes it is much quicker and easier to fill in a paper form and post it.
The problem was I had originally not put my mobile number in one of the boxes - so when I added it in after checking the form over, it very strangely threw the alignment out of the other boxes which was so weird - so I re-jigged it (very technical) so that the boxes were how they should have been - it was so weird and not what I needed when filling in an application form for a job - however it looked and sent fine so hopefully the guy won't notice my little blip ... modern technology - fantastic - when it does what it says on the tin ...

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.9 today

View attachment 48800
Thank you @geefull
Those are brilliant biro sketches from you.