Fiasp

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So far I am noticing that my Fiasp I started yesterday is being slow. My sensor is reading high so I check the bloods, yesterday they were off, this morning they were a bit off and now the blood and the sensor are reading similarly. My DSN I’m sure told me I didn’t need to change my dose? Is it not working for me? I’m trying to scan a lot so DSN can see the pattern! If it doesn’t calm down will they switch me back to Novorapid.

This seems a bit odd for Fiasp...

Last edited:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Only difference between fiasp and novorapid is it starts working about 10 minutes quicker

It’s exactly the same except added vitamins and amino acids to make it absorb slightly faster

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just saying to my wife this morning that FIASP doesn't seem to be as fast as it was. Not sure if there was a step change or just gradual. Certainly can't pinpoint to a change in cartridge or box.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Only difference between fiasp and novorapid is it starts working about 10 minutes quicker

It’s exactly the same except added vitamins and amino acids to make it absorb slightly faster

IMG_1043.jpg
IMG_1044.jpg

These are the results on the 3rd of March the day after the appointment that said I was due to switch to Fiasp shortly compared with the results I found so far this morning. Massive difference?

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just saying to my wife this morning that FIASP doesn't seem to be as fast as it was. Not sure if there was a step change or just gradual. Certainly can't pinpoint to a change in cartridge or box.

I have so far seen better results on my NovoRapid than I did with the Fiasp?
Strange

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The important thing to remember about diabetes is that We Are All Different

A few years after starting Fiasp, I still find it works faster than NovoSluggish for me.
However, I find the shelf life is shorter and it is slow for recovering from high blood sugar.
Given your higher start, @22nw22 you may be experiencing from this slow uptake from highs.
Take care, I find it suddenly starts working quickly.

Reactions: 22nw22

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m probably gonna drink some water to see if that will help, it could also be my hydration throwing everything off as well

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

A few years after starting Fiasp, I still find it works faster than NovoSluggish for me.
However, I find the shelf life is shorter and it is slow for recovering from high blood sugar.
Given your higher start, @22nw22 you may be experiencing from this slow uptake from highs.

Yea it could be that or it could be my body isn’t responding too quickly to the Fiasp compared to NovoRapid! It could be because I also do less walking at home compared to at college! I’m drinking less (simply I remember at college more than I do at home) so that could also be an issue and it could also be an issue with Fiasp responding slowly to a high. It could be a number of things

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Do you mean shelf life after you put a cartridge in the pen, or the length of time from prescription in the fridge before sticking it in z pen?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
The doses don't usually match swapping between insulins. You have to follow the numbers.
Yea it could be that or it could be my body isn’t responding too quickly to the Fiasp compared to NovoRapid! It could be because I also do less walking at home compared to at college! I’m drinking less (simply I remember at college more than I do at home) so that could also be an issue and it could also be an issue with Fiasp responding slowly to a high. It could be a number of things
Walking after taking Fiasp helps stop the blood sugar spike. If I spike it takes 5 hours to come back down.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you mean shelf life after you put a cartridge in the pen, or the length of time from prescription in the fridge before sticking it in z pen?
Shelf life out of the fridge.
I guess that would be from putting the cartridge in the pen.