Experience with Bluejay2 watch?

escturtle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi! I have been using xdrip on my android to connect my dexcom G6 to a Ticwatch. But I would really prefer a direct connection between the watch and the cgm.

I read about the Bluejay, and want to know if anyone uses it? Any personal experiences to share?

Thank u!

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi! I have been using xdrip on my android to connect my dexcom G6 to a Ticwatch. But I would really prefer a direct connection between the watch and the cgm.

I read about the Bluejay, and want to know if anyone uses it? Any personal experiences to share?

Thank u!

I haven't used the bluejay but do use a G6 with a smartwatch (fitbit versa 2) and can share some comments (my apologies if you already know them).

OS wear is the necessary watch operating system for dexcom.

Glance is the watchface you need (free with optional donation).

It works pretty well but the interface is via the dexcom follow app mechanism, so if you go out of range of an internet connection your watch will stop working till you go back in range. (And no smartwatch will read from your transmitter directly yet. G7 will possibly allow this).

I find the smartwatch can lag a bit but it's not a huge issue.

Good luck. Hope this helped.

escturtle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks!
I already use a Ticwatch successfully.
But the Bluejay reads directly from the G6, which Id love - because Im always going out of range from my phone , and losing connection

The Bluejay isnt a smartwatch, its just a watch with an xdrip core.So there are no additional features; no internet.
But Im fine with that!
I just want to find someone with personal experience with the Bluejay before I buy it. I cant find any user reviews...

I haven't used the bluejay but do use a G6 with a smartwatch (fitbit versa 2) and can share some comments (my apologies if you already know them).

OS wear is the necessary watch operating system for dexcom.

Glance is the watchface you need (free with optional donation).

It works pretty well but the interface is via the dexcom follow app mechanism, so if you go out of range of an internet connection your watch will stop working till you go back in range. (And no smartwatch will read from your transmitter directly yet. G7 will possibly allow this).

I find the smartwatch can lag a bit but it's not a huge issue.

Good luck. Hope this helped.