What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe not a bad thing. I was quite glad to discover I didn’t really like the St Clements or the coffee walnut varieties. Stops me impulse buying them.
I'm not sure about the St Clements & the coffee and walnut either. I still have a box of each in the freezer too.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday bed 7.1 FBG 6.0. @MrsA2 - our bins have been arriving at silly o'clock for ages. All the bins are out the night before, which is fine apart from these silly recycling boxes with their "shower cap" hats! When the wind is howling (which is frequent) we end up with the paper in particular all over the place.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Toasted SLC hot cross bun with butter.
D. Text mex chicken (butcher kept me 2) and a broccoli/cauliflower souffle. 2 squares 85%.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and cheese omelette, tomatos and mushrooms for breakfast.
Had nothing for lunch as I had to get a procedure done on my leg at the base hospital ED "a get here now" order from my Nurse Navigator. (she must be obeyed or else :)). A very lovely lady though.
Steak and mixed veggies cauliflower broccoli, bean and and peas for dinner.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breakfast bacon 2 fried eggs on buttered sourdough toast 2 black coffees

A/T
A scone with cream and jam 2 mugs of black tea

Dinner

Left over tabbelah and chicken wings

pms543

Morning, some of the menu / foods on this thread are so lovely and tempting. I find myself a little stuck on the abbtreviatios tho, please help me out!
what do the following stand for?

SLC
DCF
TAG

thanks x

Reactions: annabell1 and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning, some of the menu / foods on this thread are so lovely and tempting. I find myself a little stuck on the abbtreviatios tho, please help me out!
what do the following stand for?

SLC
DCF
TAG

thanks x

SLC = Seriously Low Carb (they sell bread ‘n’ stuff)
DGF = Deliciously Guilt Free - keto cakes
TAG = (I think - @maglil55 can correct if necessary), Tassimo Americano Grand

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@MrsA2 the Carb Killa choc ice was fab. I had the white chocolate cookie one and didn’t spike me. I need to wait to try the peanut butter one, til my daughter goes back to Uni as she hates the smell of peanut butter!

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: Starbucks drive through coconut cappuccino and a phd bar.
Dinner: cold roast chicken drumsticks, leafy salad, coleslaw and a small packet of Cheesies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday bed & FBG both 7.9. Took grandson to park with his little cousin to play this morning. Very chilly day. Afternoon I was attacking every nook and cranny on the stair carpet. Hubby wondered what on earth I was doing.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea
L. Another TAG and a SLC hot cross bun
D. One of my many portions of Italian tripe from the freezer. 2 squares 85%

Today Friday bed 6.7 FBG 6.4

Back visiting brother most of the day. All the nieces were there today while I amused great niece drawing octopus, starfish and monsters. I'm just tired so nice to get a break.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea (seem to be lacking inspiration right now)
L. Black tea
D. 2 egg omelette with bacon and mushroom and grilled mozzarella sticks. 2 squares 85%.

Reactions: DJC3 and Mrs T 123

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10:00am 30g cheese
12:00 2 eggs scrambled with ham, sugarfee jelly and yoghurt fluff
16:00 nut bar
20:00 chicken jalfrezi, no rice.. 2 glasses wine

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and eggs adn a bit of left over veggies for breakfast, settled my gut down after taking the antibiotic capsule on a empty stomach.
Lunch was a low carb wrap witha slice up mexican sausage and tomato filling.
Lamb chops and veggies, gravy for dinner.

Reactions: annabell1

Onlinecaroline

Got my period yesterday so could have ate everything in the kitchen and then some, so considering that, I suppose what I did eat was ok.

Brunch - 3 eggs mashed in a cup with butter. A fibre one protein bar

Dinner - Roast chicken, mashed cauliflower with butter, a mini corn and creamed cabbage and bacon. Followed by. DGF Brookie.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
May I ask what is a fluff? I'm thinking you've whipped yoghurt into the jelly?
Yep. Melt jelly in about 200ml boiling water. While it cools whisk about 250 ml cream and 250 ml plain yoghurt together. Then add jelly while still whipping. Put into containers (I use old yoghurt pots or ramekins). Leave in fridge to set. Can be quite amenable as to quantiites. Can add a bit of fruit if your bg allows it. Can also be used as a topping for a cheesecake type base.
I find the sugar fee jellies now so very sweet that I'm adding more yoghurt each time I make it to take the edge off the sweetness.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Saturday morning is Bootcamo so I get to have a bacon butty in a SLC roll afterwards for brunch. Really hits the spot.
Dinner was moussaka. The béchamel made with egg yolks, Fage yoghurt and crumbled feta cheese. Worked very well. Couple glasses red wine. Raspberries and more Fage yoghurt to follow with 100% choc grated on top.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
l:cheese crisps with pate
D: International Saturday was Chinese crispy duck pancakes followed by stirfry with chicken and prawns. Boys had double the number of pancakes and rice with the stir fry.
2 glasses rose and too many squares of green and blacks 70% mint which is too moreish

Reactions: Tori71 and maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3