Blood glucose high

james555

I always hove a high blood glucose for about 8 hours after changing my reservoir i use guarding 3 advanced with my 640g medtronic pump just wondering has anyone got any solution to this problem

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I always hove a high blood glucose for about 8 hours after changing my reservoir i use guarding 3 advanced with my 640g medtronic pump just wondering has anyone got any solution to this problem

Hi James - are you sure you are priming all the air out of the reservoir? How are your sites and are they lump free ?

james555

Yes I always make sure of that I have been using a pump for 8 year now I no about the things you are talking about but its not that its only about the last few months I have this problem

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If this is a recent problem, I would be changing my sites as the current ones may have become lumpy. Even if you can’t feel anything, there could be something which is causing problems.
There’s many different site options you can try.

james555

Thanks for your reply cant feel any lumps but I may try something any one have a better set up then mini med mid advance that I might try

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @james555 F I was in your shoes I’d try a different infusion set just to rule this out - see if your nurse has got some sure t’s which are steel tip sets, I found there to be occlusion issues with Teflon sets as well as kinking but never had an issue with sure t’s.

james555

Hi juicyj thanks for your reply I will get on to my nurse and try them just wondering can you leave them in your body for 3 day and are the comfortably thanks again