What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
.... this process it is now more OCD cum Linus' blanket than managing T2 really. @geefull your sketching is spiffing. @dunelm an act of outstanding bravery or sheer devilment mentioning washers? May hear from you again in a few.:angelic: Keep calm and drink tea, you know it makes sense Rodney.

A cheers for the chuckle and self banter
Can hear your eyes rolling into the back of your head from here,
As with a sardonic cheeky wink, you walk away after the imparting of wisdom.

Have a good un.

Saturday you say, that's a sports day, isn't it :D

Look out Julie, incoming. :wideyed:

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A cheers for the chuckle and self banter
Can hear your eyes rolling into the back of your head from here,
As with a sardonic cheeky wink, you walk away after the imparting of wisdom.

Have s good un.

Saturday you say, that's a sports day, isn't it :D

Look out Julie, incoming. :wideyed:
Loved the chune and it certainly is sports day - football, cricket and rugby. Eye rolling, sardonic, Moi?

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee before back to the lesson planning. The walk this morning was quite chilly but at least it's not raining.

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Slightly slower pace of life here in Tilehurst Towers today.

A late night cheese fuelled 7.2 this morning on that scheming meter.

Today is still woodworking but at a more relaxed pace. A few holes to drill, paint and then final assembly of the last planter a total of 8 planters.

Yep then I should have more time to catch up on what my fellow posters, painters and gamers are up to.

Have a great day, remembering knotted handkerchiefs are the fashion when down at the socially distancing coast.

Now I and the rest of me's must depart and begin life away from electronics.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Couple of thoughts on my attitude to this process. Being retired really helps. I was blessed to be able to pick my time. It removes the "need" to self-medicate with food. Not kids in my case but other staff and Gove:arghh:. Finding most lc food hard work removes any temptation to over eat - nothing I want to snack on or comfort eat. Strongest of all is the sporting idea . I'm sure I can't win but I can play for a draw, bat long and hope for rain. Weight is key here (any dream of a bg level win sailed off long ago) - what I have I hold. Even if I could face some more foods, I don't want movement on the scales unless it is downwards. Just my thoughts on the paradoxes of this woe for me. God's Grace isn't always given in ways I expect. Who's to say this isn't exactly what I need?

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's 0735 PDT. First 2 calls are done. The trickiest one is nigh to MrsBRS in north east Somerset. My trip back home has been turned on its head. I leave here as planned next week, but heading to a critical meeting on the east coast first. Then from there to Israel for 2/3 nights and finally home to UK and Bath. Just been briefed. More coffee puhlease!

My new existence means the travel is ramping. I still however intend to minimise it for the planet's sake as well my own!

Meeting a colleague soon - and I'll share where we're going for a key session later ;)
After that a design meeting till 1-ish then that's me till Sunday at 1030 with a full day through to 2000.

Hope Friday's been kind to you all

Hi,
Israel? That's gonna be a tricky one with the current COVID restrictions.
They seem to be running you ragged with the hours.. You'd be finished by 5pm on Sunday if you were working somewhere like "Southgate.."

lindisfel

Expert
Have any of you guys who consume protein powders come across any low sodium powders that are worth using, please?

I am hoping to find more energy from somewhere because I am knackered most ot the time. I hope it's not an age thing, because I won't accept it!

To misquote Verucca Salt, "I want more energy and I want it now!"

On the other hand when the pub opens at Red Dial not far away, they do a rather nice juicy 16oz teebone from locally grass fed beasts. It makes my mouth water to think of it after over a year of Covid.
D.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have any of you guys who consume protein powders come across any low sodium powders that are worth using, please?

I am hoping to find more energy from somewhere because I am knackered most ot the time. I hope it's not an age thing, because I won't accept it!

On the other hand when the pub opens at Red Dial not far away, they do a rather nice juicy 16oz teebone from locally grass fed beasts. It makes my mouth water to think of it after over a year of Covid.
D.
I am using two protein powders. Have definitely felt more energetic since starting using them. One is Bulk Whey Protein Isolate which says 0.50g salt per 100g and the other is Pink Sun Organic Casein protein powder which says 0.5g per 100g.
Both are pure protein powder with nothing at all added. Hope that is helpful.

As well as adding protein powder I am trying to add more real food protein. This is a problem because I don't have a big appetite. Tonight I am having a lovely Ribeye Steak. I feel hungry already.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

D.

Funny for the steak...made my mouth water too.
And I ain't even seen it. :wideyed::D

Hug for the lack of energy

Did find Greek yoghurt and real berries gave me a welcome boost.

And like the pitchforks at the ready for any advancing age restriction..top man

Hope you find the salts your looking for :)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
FBG this morning remains an elevated 6.9.

I've been advised from senior folks at work that I'm sharing in their opinion too much on the forum about my locations, partnership discussions, private life even mentioning for whom I work is a grey area.

I thought it was pretty benign myself, but not through their lens. I just happened to mention it in passing with regard to work initiatives and here we are. The phrase "not authorised" was used more than once.
I thought by keeping myself quasi-opaque would mitigate any potential issues. I was not correct! Duh!

All very friendly over drinks and told it's not an issue at all (clearly not the case) and everything is hunky dory - but I'll be a lot more remote going forward and not sharing even basic T2D information on myself which they also consider an almost grey area. In a closed non-public forum it wouldn't be so much of an issue I guess. Perhaps.

I find the forum a highly supportive online go-to place given the UK NHS uneven approach to diabetes and friendly too which I've appreciated since day 1. Especially with the thread regulars - you're all fab folks. One and all!

I hope to eventually ping in from time to time but in the meantime, stay well! And thanks to you all.

All the best.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG this morning remains an elevated 6.9.

I've been advised from senior folks at work that I'm sharing in their opinion too much on the forum about my locations, partnership discussions, private life even mentioning for whom I work is a grey area.

I thought it was pretty benign myself, but not through their lens. I just happened to mention it in passing with regard to work initiatives and here we are. The phrase "not authorised" was used more than once.
I thought by keeping myself quasi-opaque would mitigate any potential issues. I was not correct! Duh!

All very friendly over drinks and told it's not an issue at all (clearly not the case) and everything is hunky dory - but I'll be a lot more remote going forward and not sharing even basic T2D information on myself which they also consider an almost grey area. In a closed non-public forum it wouldn't be so much of an issue I guess. Perhaps.

I find the forum a highly supportive online go-to place given the UK NHS uneven approach to diabetes and friendly too which I've appreciated since day 1. Especially with the thread regulars - you're all fab folks. One and all!

I hope to eventually ping in from time to time but in the meantime, stay well! And thanks to you all.

All the best.

Oh, that's a shame.. :(

I was enjoying your virtual business travel tour. ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
[scene: Dr Evils Moonbase fortress]
Dr E, stroking pure white cat.

"So we meet again Mr Bond....

Come come did you REALLY think you could evade my hi-Sevens gravitational laser system

One of the most destructive forces in the known supermarket universe, so easily....
Using mere Vegetables..MAWAAAHH"

"Bloomer, take him to the Sucrose mines, let's see if drowning in a Vat of sugar, 'sweetens' up our Visitor. Take him away ..."

"Shurely you can't sheriously think you can get away with this, Evil ?"

"I assure, I'm deadly serious, Mr Bond
Enjoy your just desserts.
(Gestures to henchmen)

Good day Mr bond,.
We shan't be meeting again

[Dr Evil exits.
Bond stands calmly,
but spots the LC Hatch opening above his handcuffed wrists.
reaches up, activates hatch, and floods the room, before making his escape
..Scene ends]

....Isn't how it ended for me ...a self inflicted 7.9 :banghead:.

A lockdown unlocked birthday treat .

Lauren, Steph me..fav local Chinese takeaway

But it has changed menu. :rolleyes:

One dish ( fav) no longer available.
But can buy seperately and add together...err ok
(been salivating all day and starved in anticipation)

Great idea, twice as much food as normal,
NO Problem..:rolleyes:
Yeah of course I'll only eat half of it..:banghead:

Otherwise good night
The pleasantest of company.
And as secure & safe as possible, without being just me, myself & I.

Another milestone passed.
A little reflection

A double check on limbs & mental capacity.

Yep....all as it was yesterday

So Good to go, for another 365 days,

Let's see what this year brings
Come on life, do you worst, let's see what ya got. :D

Happy Birthday young man

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Third woodland scene in my minimal spring Woodland watercolour.

A4 will finish Sunday
IMG_4761.JPG