What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 at 6AM and 5.8 at 08.30AM.

As I ate yesterday and given at one point reading went all the way to 9.6 I think the reading right now is a relief. I am hoping that fasting today will restore further order but we will see.

I also noticed that my back was aching yesterday a lot but the pain has subsided a bit this morning and usually I get that pain after I have suffered a viral fever although this time round I did not feel like I had one..no fever no tiredness... so dont really know for a fact but if I had say a minor infection maybe that explains the spikes and high readings... guess I will never know.

Anyway have a great start of the week everyone. :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A sticky six of 6.3 today. At least I am hoping it will be sticky, in a sellotape that can be ripped off sort of way. It is an improvement on the super glue sevens I have had. So not complaining, though would prefer some p.v.a. Fives.

Judit@0514

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed with Type2 3 weeks ago. My fasting BG was 11.
Today and yesterday was 7.
I started 1200 calorie low carb (50-60g a day) diet with 15 hour fasting between 5pm and 8 am and riding my bike or take a long walk every day. I gained weight since last October when I had covid followed by an accident. I’m hoping if I loose weight and keep the low carb diet I could beat the diabetes like my grandmother did. I generally feel much better on the low carb diet I have more energy.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 at 6AM and 5.8 at 08.30AM.

I also noticed that my back was aching yesterday a lot but the pain has subsided a bit this morning and usually I get that pain after I have suffered a viral fever although this time round I did not feel like I had one..no fever no tiredness... so dont really know for a fact but if I had say a minor infection maybe that explains the spikes and high readings... guess I will never know.

All my readings have been in 8s and 9s since 10AM so I just thought will check with a doctor friend of mine who is also a diabetic - not in the UK though. She told that it could also be down to the COVID vaccine which can still cause changes in body up to several weeks or it could very well be some other inflammation or indeed another viral infection and if so resting may help. Just thought will put it here in case someone else is having similar issues - at the very least it should reduce the stress of seeing higher numbers for no apparent reason.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I started 1200 calorie low carb (50-60g a day) diet with 15 hour fasting between 5pm and 8 am and riding my bike or take a long walk every day. I gained weight since last October when I had covid followed by an accident. I’m hoping if I loose weight and keep the low carb diet I could beat the diabetes like my grandmother did. I generally feel much better on the low carb diet I have more energy.
Welcome @Judit0514. All the right actions and obvious progress.:woot:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All my readings have been in 8s and 9s since 10AM so I just thought will check with a doctor friend of mine who is also a diabetic - not in the UK though. She told that it could also be down to the COVID vaccine which can still cause changes in body up to several weeks or it could very well be some other inflammation or indeed another viral infection and if so resting may help. Just thought will put it here in case someone else is having similar issues - at the very least it should reduce the stress of seeing higher numbers for no apparent reason.
Do not despair, @nutribolt. If you had the jab, that is most likely the cause. If you can, put some bone broth into your fasting regime. Should provide all the nutrients for your body to reset.
Thanks for reporting what is going on with fasting being high. It does put it into perspective when someone else is sharing the experience. We will be winners again.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You seem to have this sussed. Well done, and welcome @Judit@0514

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.

Hi Judit,

Sounds like you are doing the right things, very similar to the actions I took on diagnosis.

I am sure you will get hold of this and get it into remission with some discipline.

Gary

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.9 this morning, after an experiment with a non diabetic ‘five guys’ burger, fries and milkshake with the family in glorious sunshine yesterday afternoon, 6.8 three hours after and a peak of 8 just before bed, quite pleased with that.

Off to run before dropping the kids to 6th form / school and on to a day of chaos at work.