How many of you use a road id?

WasntMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Likely I would have to get it bilingual. I’m also slightly concerned about privacy, like the next-of-kin being on display to all and sundry. Are any designs covering the info without being counterproductive?

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I don't use that company, but have tags which have the asklepian medical symbol on the outer side, and details on the reverse. That means personal details aren't always on show, but the tag is clearly visible for staff with any first aid training who are trained to look for medical ID bracelets etc. I've then got various bracelets I can clip the tag on, either bought or made (just have clasps either end to attach to the tag). All very slim so don't notice I'm wearing the tag, within the bracelet. Hope that helps?

Reactions: WasntMe

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've got an old fashioned SOS pendant, that contains a paper insert attached to my keyring (it also means if I'm on holiday I can add details of where I'm staying in the area)

Reactions: WasntMe

WasntMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I don't use that company, but have tags which have the asklepian medical symbol on the outer side, and details on the reverse. That means personal details aren't always on show, but the tag is clearly visible for staff with any first aid training who are trained to look for medical ID bracelets etc. I've then got various bracelets I can clip the tag on, either bought or made (just have clasps either end to attach to the tag). All very slim so don't notice I'm wearing the tag, within the bracelet. Hope that helps?
I had to look up that symbol! I wonder if a ‘red cross’ symbol would be more universally recognised? One of the cycling forums threw up a comment that his bracelet pointed to a web address.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I make my own aluminium tags that I attach to most things
373459e476654b33da2e2b9875826a5b.jpg
3ee76b8c3f812a8ced0cd2f0c9fe15ed.jpg

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had to look up that symbol! I wonder if a ‘red cross’ symbol would be more universally recognised? One of the cycling forums threw up a comment that his bracelet pointed to a web address.
Haha I had to look up the official name before posting! I got mine over 10 years ago and have a few, some with red background others not. They're like these but were cheaper (also definitely not gold or white gold!) I've made some of my own bracelets to go with the inserts as I didn't like the metal chain style ones which were all I seemed to be able to find when I was diagnosed. https://n-styleid.com/collections/charms-id-tags-medical-id-tags

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
iPhone has an emergency info capability that can be accessed without unlocking the phone. I'm almost never running without my phone in a pocket or belt. I'm told that emergency workers all know how to get access to the info, so I have a brief overview of my medical conditions/meds, and emergency contact info. Admittedly, John Q Public might not know to look for it, but then I dont have anything that's super critical to know at this time.

Reactions: Novanebula

marty313

iPhone has an emergency info capability that can be accessed without unlocking the phone. I'm almost never running without my phone in a pocket or belt. I'm told that emergency workers all know how to get access to the info, so I have a brief overview of my medical conditions/meds, and emergency contact info. Admittedly, John Q Public might not know to look for it, but then I dont have anything that's super critical to know at this time.
This even works under Android.
Screenshot_20231005-192055~3.jpg

Reactions: Grandma Misti