What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Will the barber tell you off about all the hacking you did with a knife and fork?
Surely not, he will sculpt the new me out of large piece of unshaped 'virgin rock'!
We have known each other a long time and usually have a good crack (as they say in Cumbria) and have a laugh.
D.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
How will we recognise you @lindisfel? While I'm here a question for all the bakers/ITK foodies. I have been totally alienated from keto recipes which randomly include soft cheese thus making them execrable. Have they swapped quark for this on the basis of a slightly lower carb or cal count? The protein in quark seems to be far higher and many sources suggest quark is widely used by those people across “The Channel” who we are supposed to ignore. I believe the issue is that they are "over familiar" in the afternoon so clearly can’t be trusted.:angelic:
Quarks, I thought they were subatomic particles!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quarks, I thought they were subatomic particles!
They are very good for you though becasue they are full of leptons although leptons exist on their own, whereas quarks need a lot of beating - not too much as they turn into baryons - very unsavoury.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quark - you need it for a traditional German cheesecake - Käsekuchen. It makes it all light and, well German - anything else is just wrong.
I have been using kefir quark in my protein shakes but may branch out. This looks like a possibility.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three wheelie bins out now ready for tomorrow am, just the big garden wheelie missed this week. Off early tomorrow to see my barber at 0915, badly need it cutting, it makes Doris's hair look tidy.
D.
Just stay beatnik, much safer. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak you asked for photos of my W on Wilfrid, here they be. Pleased with result as the Carbon Fibre catches the light in different ways, sometimes it's light and others vanishes into the smoked glass, just what I wanted, subtle. It's dads W so personal and looks like the VW sign.

IMG_4775.JPG

Reactions: mojo37 and geefull

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 today

so perhaps having a small amount of butternut squash is not too bad (occasionally :) )

Mum went to get her hair permed today and it's really cheered her up :joyful:
mr gee has managed to get an appt. for tomorrow afternoon to get his hair cut ;)

we shall be positively tidy :D

We have escaped the snow today and it's a whopping 9'C at the moment so that made for a nice walk round the village :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - strong painting today and I love the way the marbling has given you that mysterious and misty looking background, very effective :)

@gennepher - lovely painting, very strong composition and sense of depth, hugs for the postponement of your adventure but I hope the appt. went well :)

@ianpspurs - can't say I've ever tried quark, I must have a look when we go shopping ;)

what flavour will work? up, down, strange, charmed, bottom or top ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - the new decal looks stylish :)

art bit -
yellow peony from a photo found on the net.
upload_2021-4-12_20-11-14.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Went to sleep in our upstairs Den tonight watching Line of Duty, the duchess let me sleep so long I missed a lot of it and will have to watch it again!
In this one nearly every body is corrupt in the police except, Steve and Ted.
They keep having shoot outs at an ambush of vehicles and people get killed.... perhaps its all done for an American audience.

I watched a programme that purported to be on climate change last night, it was a waste of time I hope Doris is better educated for the talks later in the year.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 today

so perhaps having a small amount of butternut squash is not too bad (occasionally :) )

Mum went to get her hair permed today and it's really cheered her up :joyful:
mr gee has managed to get an appt. for tomorrow afternoon to get his hair cut ;)

we shall be positively tidy :D

We have escaped the snow today and it's a whopping 9'C at the moment so that made for a nice walk round the village :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - strong painting today and I love the way the marbling has given you that mysterious and misty looking background, very effective :)

@gennepher - lovely painting, very strong composition and sense of depth, hugs for the postponement of your adventure but I hope the appt. went well :)

@ianpspurs - can't say I've ever tried quark, I must have a look when we go shopping ;)

what flavour will work? up, down, strange, charmed, bottom or top ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - the new decal looks stylish :)

art bit -
yellow peony from a photo found on the net.
View attachment 48857
Good strong nature study, as I have said before you have a talent for flora studies, brilliant.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched a programme that purported to be on climate change last night, it was a waste of time I hope Doris is better educated for the talks later in the year.
Unless that young whipper snappers from Sweden gets her way and the whole thing is called off.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak you asked for photos of my W on Wilfrid, here they be. Pleased with result as the Carbon Fibre catches the light in different ways, sometimes it's light and others vanishes into the smoked glass, just what I wanted, subtle. It's dads W so personal and looks like the VW sign.

View attachment 48856
Love it

As you say, subtle and looks very premium.
A very polished & impressive finish to it.

And compliments nicely with the original VW Motif.

Likee, likee..

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quietly cautious start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of bacon and eggs and the last of the mushrooms came in at 4.8 this am

I have just seen the news - and it is bad. People, complete strangers, talking about and sporting - haircuts! Some of them even had the audacity to be sat in a seating area on pavements swigging beer as though they had not had any listed in their click and collect for a whole year. There was even some blonde guy who, on Sunday was alleged to be groomed like the scarecrow in the Gizzard of Floss but now, well, somethings change and some things stay the same.

We have the girl in the bubble today and once she has been returned to her parents we will be off over the moors to our little house on the prairie in readiness for the ninky nonks who will be collected on Wednesday. They have already made detailed menu suggestions and they have agreed that staying up late should be included in the package. So, shopping at some point today I guess - we’re writing a list, and checking it twice.

One man in a boat today - making something out of nothing on my backing paper - about 2 inches by 5 inches. Have a wonderful day and don’t show off about you mullet. Koffy time.

upload_2021-4-13_6-43-35.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quietly cautious start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of bacon and eggs and the last of the mushrooms came in at 4.8 this am

I have just seen the news - and it is bad. People, complete strangers, talking about and sporting - haircuts! Some of them even had the audacity to be sat in a seating area on pavements swigging beer and though they had not had any listed in their click and collect for a whole year. There was even some blonde guy who, on Sunday was alleged to be groomed like the scarecrow in the Gizzard of Floss but now, well, somethings change and some things stay the same.

We have the girl in the bubble today and once she has been returned to her parents we will be off over the moors to our little house on the prairie in readiness for the ninky nonks who will be collected on Wednesday. They have already made detailed menu suggestions and they have agreed that staying up late should be included in the package. So, shopping at some point today I guess - were writing a list, and checking it twice.

One man in a boat today - making something out of nothing on my backing paper - about 2 inches by 5 inches. Have a wonderful day and don’t show off about you mullet. Koffy time.

View attachment 48861
Something of nothing worked well, good job that fishermans got shelter on his boat, Red Rain, now isn't that a song by some guy named after an angel? :)

Enjoy preparation for late nights with the little ones.

Reactions: ianpspurs