What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 at 6AM and 5.6 just now at 7AM and this while I am 36 hours into fasting.

I am torn between continuing fasting or not. I will perhaps observe how readings are between 10AM to 12PM before eating anything. That was the time yesterday when all the readings were above 7.6.

Have a wonderful day everyone. :)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.0 this morning and 7.5 yesterday. Had a bit of an accident last night when I took too much Lantus on top of a correction earlier in the evening, my sugars plummeted (2.1) and I was feeling pretty grim. Shovelled dried fruit down until my sugars were about 7.0 (didn't want to risk another hypo). Very unpleasant half an hour or so, but bang on 7 this morning so not too much the worse for the experience.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An unwelcome 6.6 today. I had a spoonful of lentil dhal with lamb curry last night. No BG reaction to it so I was very happy. Libre has flatlined all night until half hour ago when it appears to have remembered those lentils and is climbing up and up. It’s now in the orange zone!

Welcome and well done on your great progress so far @Judit@0514
Thanks for sharing @nutribolt and I agree the stress of seeing higher numbers can be self perpetuating.
@HeliGary great post 5 Guys result, especially including the chips and milkshake.
I love your explanation for pva 5s @Pipp hope you see them soon.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not been around much.
Spent most of last Thursday at Ninewells attached to EGC's and various tests after an arrhythemia. Nothing to worry about seems to have been the conclusion. Heart always been showing irregular patterns...

FBG have been all over the place.
7 6.1
8 6.2
9 5.0
10 4.8
11 4.3
12 5.8
13 5.4

The low days were possibly down to missing out lunch completely and very light dinners.

Take care one and all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: annabell1

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.2 this morning mind you I did have nearly 40 grams of carbs yesterday I still think things have got out of hand since I had the vaccine jab maybe the second jab next Sunday will nock things back to normal I somehow doubt it though.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Great fbgs @Ryhia @PenguinMum @HeliGary @CotswoldsBloke and @Estragon. Hug for the Lantus error @Providence 62 and tests @hankjam but great news that all is in order. My fbg was definitely 4.8 on Swipey - totally confused about what is a good or bad level and what or when to eat for management but outwardly I seem to be managing. Hug @DJC3 just because ...
Thank you @ianpspurs - won't be trying that one again in a hurry. Not even for virtual hugs from nice gentlemen!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you still on the very low calorie diet, @Ryhia ?
Yes, its a week today. Trying to stick to around 800 cals which includes eating low cal plus having a keto shake now and again. I don't know how long it will last though as I just don't have the same motivation as previous. Last time it was simply a case of counting calories, this time its counting calories and keeping to low carb which is a whole new ball game. I may check my cholesterol tomorrow to see if the different way of eating is doing any good. Its certainly helping my FBGs. Oops, shouldn't have said that, should I? Tempting fate. ;)

Reactions: annabell1 and DJC3

Lesley's

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning, after an experiment with a non diabetic ‘five guys’ burger, fries and milkshake with the family in glorious sunshine yesterday afternoon, 6.8 three hours after and a peak of 8 just before bed, quite pleased with that.

Off to run before dropping the kids to 6th form / school and on to a day of chaos at work.
Do u have an Hba1c test kit I didn’t realise u cld get these ?

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Missed posting a couple of days and even forgot to take my fasting blood glucose yesterday. So, 5.2 the day before yesterday and 4.5 today.

@Judit@0514 -- Welcome to the thread.
@JohnEGreen -- Good fasting numbers, they seem to be coming down nicely.
@Ryhia -- I am in awe of your self-control. 800 cals and low carb is quite an achievement.
@Providence 62 -- Hugs for the hypo.
@hankjam -- Hugs for a week of poking and prodding, but what a relieve that the test showed that there is nothing to worry about.